Post-Game Talk: Pettersson def. Kraken - 6-5 (SO) (Pettersson x2, Pederson, Boeser, Kuzmenko) (Petey SO Winner)

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Petey literally won us this game. Nobody else. Petey is the only one who gets this win.
I agree, I'll have to dis him more pre-game in the future, he made me look bad. And speaking of bad there's, well, pretty much everybody else on the team that isn't on his line. The goalie improved his sv % over the last two games by 46 points which is the good news. The bad news is tonight he was .861 with at least two real stinkers. Schenn had a bad game and I swear we didn't win 10% of the puck battles in the corners. There were a lot of pretty fancy plays but Lordy how many terrible blatant giveaways did we commit right in front of our net? Was it fun to watch? Oh yeah just like a demolition derby is often more fun to watch than F1. What this team needs to do is figure out a way to play with an extra man because they are unstoppable under those conditions. Dogshit still but entertaining dogshit nonetheless. Lord knows what will happen tomorrow. One thing is for sure, this is terrible for the tank...

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
In before EP plays an invisible game and everybody here cuts him huge slack because he had the flu...
ActualSandyConure-size_restricted.gif

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
The canucks entire right side d is of bottom pairing quality (Myers, Schenn, Burroughs)

People continue to rag on Hughes, but he did a lot of good things to transition the puck tonight. Without him, I can't imagine how the canucks can transition the puck.

And Petey just dominated. Its feel like what happens when you send an NHL player to the AHL and he is heads and shoulders better than everyone else.

Kuzmenko moved this feet more this game, and you see the skill there. He's shown more chemistry with Petey in 30 games than Boeser has after years.

Continue to build around Petey, Hughes and rebuild that right side of the defense quick. It will be a waste not to compete with high end talent like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad