Petry`s future

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
That's an even bigger reason to seek a big pay day.

If the habs can't re-sign him, or it looks like he really wants to test the market, hopefully they can trade his rights and get a pick for him.

I would assume that if they don't feel they can re-sign him, they will look to trade his rights to try and get a pick back since we have only 5 picks currently.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
There will be more than Detroit, the stage he is on is the best one possible for a player looking to cash in and why wouldn't he? i still maintain it will be an American market with great weather and low taxes.

But who? Do NJ or Philly have better weather then Montreal? Maybe in LA if the Voynov situation gets resolved in a way that they don't have him or his cap hit but if not where else? Carolina, maybe. Maybe he ends up taking a million to play for Chicago for a year. He's in an awkward spot, he wants near to top pairing money but he's not a top pairing guy and there isn't much room this year on many teams for a guy like that.

Analyzer*

I would assume that if they don't feel they can re-sign him, they will look to trade his rights to try and get a pick back since we have only 5 picks currently.

One would hope so.

The way this draft is talked about, if you can snag an extra pick, or two you do it.

Bournival, Thomas, Tinordi (Western Conference) all traded for picks.

If we re-sign Petry.

Subban, Markov, Petry, Beaulieu, Pateryn*, Emelin, Gilbert, Tinordi*

Pateryn and Tinordi both will need waivers. Pateryn has played well enough to earn the 3rd pairing RD position. Beaulieu has earned a spot amongst the LD dman.

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Petry (Beaulieu - Petry)
Beaulieu - Pateryn (Emelin - Pateryn)

Leaves Gilbert and Tinordi out. However, Gilbert has played well, but Bergevin is about the cap and Gilbert makes almost 2 mill more than Pateryn.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
But who? Do NJ or Philly have better weather then Montreal? Maybe in LA if the Voynov situation gets resolved in a way that they don't have him or his cap hit but if not where else? Carolina, maybe. Maybe he ends up taking a million to play for Chicago for a year. He's in an awkward spot, he wants near to top pairing money but he's not a top pairing guy and there isn't much room this year on many teams for a guy like that.

Petry is from Michigan. He may want to sign with Detroit.

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
One would hope so.

Pateryn and Tinordi both will need waivers. Pateryn has played well enough to earn the 3rd pairing RD position. Beaulieu has earned a spot amongst the LD dman.

Are you sure Tinordi will already be illegible for waivers? Disappointing if thats the case.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
How do you get a top 6 C cheaper than DD?

Okay, you move Chucky to C and he will hopefully be on a cheap bridge deal but then you need to replace a top 6 winger for less than DD's 3.5. What UFA winger out there will improve our team for less than 3.5?

If anything being in a cap crunch will make it MORE likely to keep a 50 point player who isn't that expensive. PAP would be the obvious one but after that I think Emelin, Gilbert, and Eller would be the targets.

Okay I'm glad we are in the running for the Cap Management Cup.
Can we all agree that keeping DD in a top 6 role and trading Eller just might hinder our quest for The Stanley Cup..:amazed:

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Nightmare for how many years in Edmonton.I don't khow the guy but playing for a good team could help.......

habs101

Dec 16, 2005
We might have signed Vanek if he wasn't treated like crap by Therrien. 4th liner? Really?

What little chance we had to sign him was destroyed by the coach with the extra chromosome.

How this man is coaching in the NHL is a mystery. How he's coaching for the best team ever, is an abomination.

Totally agree, i am not a fan of Thierrien, I don't like his style of play, our forwards are not being used to their potential, if it wasn't for Price, we would be the Toronto Maple Leafs for God Sakes!!! I don't want to complain too much about it as we are in the 2nd round, just not a fan of our coach.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
How do you get a top 6 C cheaper than DD?

Okay, you move Chucky to C and he will hopefully be on a cheap bridge deal but then you need to replace a top 6 winger for less than DD's 3.5. What UFA winger out there will improve our team for less than 3.5?

If anything being in a cap crunch will make it MORE likely to keep a 50 point player who isn't that expensive. PAP would be the obvious one but after that I think Emelin, Gilbert, and Eller would be the targets.

DD isn't a 50 pts player on his own right though. As we've seen, his production is more like a 35 point player without him...this production is easier to find. Its like expecting Weise to be a 30 point guy without all that time with Pacioretty.

If MB can get a little creative we can have an interesting top 9. If the team is going to grind, get two way 30 pts type guys to fill out roster. Roll 4 lines that a good defensively and can chip in offense. As we see in playoffs, current top 6 format not reliable. Better to be a really deep team. Guys like Tlusty out there who shouldn't be expensive cap/term wise.

C: 16.0M
1. Plekanec - 5.0M
2. Galchenyuk - 3.0M
3. Eller - 3.5M
4. Mitchell - 1.5M

LW: 8.0M
1. Pacioretty - 4.5M
3. DLR - 1.0M
4. Prust - 2.5M

RW: 6.0M
1. Gallagher - 4.0M
3. Weise - 1.0M