Petry`s future

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
Free agent, see what offers are out there and probably leave like Wisniewski did when he gets an offer from a team with cash to spend and the cap space. He's got no history with the team to take a discount like Max Pac.

If Montreal was his dream team to play with we may have a chance. This is his first taste of winning in his career so who knows but he'd be a dumb person not to at least hear some offers.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I really like him he is someone we desperately need he`s been fantastic and is playing already better than he was with the oilers. Only thing I need to know before re-signing him is how good is he in playoffs. Unfortunately I too think he`ll be a free agent hope not though.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Bergevin is a cheap ass and will probably lowball him. Don't think he'll be signing with the Habs this summer.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
This contract is the most interesting to evaluate Bergevin.

I mean first of all we can't know for sure Petry WANTS to re-sign, but we can think he likes it here, and there's more chance than Vanek of him staying.

If Petry leaves by UFA, and that an inside info is leaked that Bergevin did not make him roughly a 5M$/year deal, I'll be disappointed.

He's a fantastic skater, poised with the puck, crisp passes.

He's what we were missing all along.

He may be Bergevin's most important acquisition to date. May it not go to waste.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Some team will give him 5.5 million a year and if won't be us.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Bergevin is a cheap ass and will probably lowball him. Don't think he'll be signing with the Habs this summer.

Pretty much. He's the #3 we need but Bergevin will give him a stupid offer and Petry will sign with someone else on July 1st.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Petry's a guy who's going to get more than he's worth as a UFA. He's one of the better UFA defencemen available this summer, and his contract will reflect that. I hope to see him come back, but I'm not going to expect the Habs to pay him ridiculous money.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I hope he's back, him and Gilbert make a good 2nd pair. I'll reserve judgment if I want him back after the playoffs though.

TheSubbanator76

Oct 13, 2014
Just like Vanek we will look back and realize we should have signed him. MB is most overrated GM in the league, how has he helped this team other than by shedding cap space?

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
I remember reading reports saying that he had agreed to a 4 or 4.5 million contract with the Oilers, but with the season they were having he changed his mind and wanted to become a free agent instead.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
I remember reading reports saying that he had agreed to a 4 or 4.5 million contract with the Oilers, but with the season they were having he changed his mind and wanted to become a free agent instead.

Man if that is true...

If I was MB I'd be offering him 30M$ over 6 years. Boom. You stay here, end of story.

Monsieur

Oct 30, 2006
Man if that is true...

If I was MB I'd be offering him 30M$ over 6 years. Boom. You stay here, end of story.
Okay... And now with the projected 73 millions cap next season, you have 8 millions left to sign Galchenyuk, Beaulieu & Bournival.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Just like Vanek we will look back and realize we should have signed him. MB is most overrated GM in the league, how has he helped this team other than by shedding cap space?

We might have signed Vanek if he wasn't treated like crap by Therrien. 4th liner? Really?

What little chance we had to sign him was destroyed by the coach with the extra chromosome.

How this man is coaching in the NHL is a mystery. How he's coaching for the best team ever, is an abomination.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
Okay... And now with the projected 73 millions cap next season, you have 8 millions left to sign Galchenyuk, Beaulieu & Bournival.

I think it's enough.
If it isn't, buying out PAP (if MB doesn't find a trading partner) and bringing Thomas/Andrighetto/Hudon instead saves us money as well.

Dec 8, 2014

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015

He can't make them stay. Everyone new Vanek was going to Minny, how do you think MB got him so cheap. I'm certain it's the same with Petry and Detroit. And if he does sign him people will whine and cry that he overpaid.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
By acquiring players like Petry and Vanek.

Two trade deadlines and he goes out and aquires two of the best players available. Shees people. After years of GM's doing nothing we sure have turned on this one fast. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad