Confirmed with Link: Petrovic to EDM for Chris Wideman and 2019 3rd

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
/ Bob McKenzie, the third-rounder is the better of the ones that Edmonton owns, between their own pick and the New York Islanders pick, which they acquired in a previous trade.

BTW Our 2019 third-rounder was dealt last draft to Nashville in a third round swap, 2018 for 2019.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Oiler fan in peace.

Doesn’t sound like we got much here. Can we trade ya our GM Chiarelli? Worst GM off all time. It’s unbelievable

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Is Chris Wideman any good?
Pretty similar. He was more effective before a leg injury. This trade is a positive because this means Kis should be freed and Florida added a high 3rd and saved money.

Wideman is most famous for hisrole in the leaked uber video.

Reactions: Vilam

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Not a very imposing presence in front of the net. What's gonna happen against Pittsburgh and Hornqvist?

#FREEBOGDAN???

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Not sure there’s any winner in this trade. Wideman is terribly small and bad defensively. I’d say the 3rd rounder is the real value. After reading the boards here it doesn’t sound like Petrovic will be missed either

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Is Chris Wideman any good?

A 29 year old (in two weeks) offensive only D man (terrible in his own end) who owns a career best 17 points and could not get playing time on one of the worst D teams in the league, and was cast off the team with the absolute worst D.

Any more info required?

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Not sure there’s any winner in this trade. Wideman is terribly small and bad defensively. I’d say the 3rd rounder is the real value. After reading the boards here it doesn’t sound like Petrovic will be missed either
I really hope he works out for you in Edmonton, he showed early promise here but never really got better. He actually got worse. He has the size and had a willingness to drop the gloves if necessary but usually just got his ass kicked. He's not speedy, is slow at decision making, and really isn't that great at crease clearing. Maybe he'll find a fresh start helps his game, best of luck with him.

Reactions: Vilam

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
I got nervous when I received a notification for a 3rd rounder and Chris Wideman and I was like oh no what did we do this time. Then I see the return is f***ing Petrovic and I let out the biggest holler.

What exactly is Edmonton doing?

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I really hope he works out for you in Edmonton, he showed early promise here but never really got better. He actually got worse. He has the size and had a willingness to drop the gloves if necessary but usually just got his ass kicked. He's not speedy, is slow at decision making, and really isn't that great at crease clearing. Maybe he'll find a fresh start helps his game, best of luck with him.
Haha, all good. Looks like projects on both ends. Hope you guys make good with the pick

Reactions: JP Mick

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I was hoping to find better reviews. Weird thing is I remember Petrovic actually being quite useful a couple of years ago. His play just go off the deep end or what? Wideman is a... character. Good luck with him and hopefully he does better for you guys than us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad