Petr the Great!!!

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
if you mean the data on post #96, it's tracked by this company. who may or may not sell that info to NHL teams.

Ah I see, Thanks

Would be interested to see how he stacks up against other goalies considered to be elite rather than just a league average, but looks like that's not happening though -- ya know, since I don't own an NHL team and all...

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
they had an article about holtby with this graph. he's above, mrazek below.

Holtbygraphic.jpg

Screen-Shot-2016-02-16-at-4.10.13-PM.png

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
I am no goalie expert... wouldn't playstyle have a decent affect on those numbers?

If you're referring to the graphs I think defensmen would play a larger role, especially since our D often make mistakes which result in prime chances (and often goals) right in that red zone area.

Though I haven't read the article IC is citing, perhaps they accounted for team defense somehow.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Gotta wonder if all the attention Mrazek's gettin' is messing with his head -- this is two games in a row he hasn't looked too sharp, which is uncharacteristic.

they had an article about holtby with this graph. he's above, mrazek below.

Holtbygraphic.jpg

Screen-Shot-2016-02-16-at-4.10.13-PM.png

Nice find. Thanks again.

The guy that wrote that article is either Nostradamus or a jinxing-Witch. I'm leaning towards Witch and a good ol' fashion steak burning right about now.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
All goalies are getting lit up. One good game and mrazek takes the lead again I think. That guy who wrote the article is a nobody

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Would be more interesting to know the other goalie's SV% after facing 1600 shots on 5vs5 though, plus their High-Danger SV% at that time.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Would be more interesting to know the other goalie's SV% after facing 1600 shots on 5vs5 though, plus their High-Danger SV% at that time.

Dunno if you can filter by the last 1600 shots faced. I'm certainty too lazy to go look it up individually for each goalie. It'd probably look something like this though, perhaps?

aFWJzl2.jpg

Range is January 01, 2015 - present.

Range of shots faced goes from 941 (howard) - 2053 (crawford).

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Looking at all the other goalies getting Vezina talk - Schneider, Holtby, Crawford, Quick, etc - its stunning how great Pete's numbers are vis a vis his backup. I looked up the stats for every other contender's back-up goalie and they all have good if not great numbers as well. Just fewer starts.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Looking at all the other goalies getting Vezina talk - Schneider, Holtby, Crawford, Quick, etc - its stunning how great Pete's numbers are vis a vis his backup. I looked up the stats for every other contender's back-up goalie and they all have good if not great numbers as well. Just fewer starts.

Crawford. I thought he sucked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad