Petition to bring back the original 1992 2d Senators logo?

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Seriously.

I don't get the "represents a different era" thing. Now all of a sudden we need a different logo for every phase this team goes through? Give me a break.

The new logo must show a centurion on his smartphone, retweeting a sassy quip about the nude celebrity picture scandal.

Ralph Malfredsson

PhD in indiscreet street haggling
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
For those who hadn't seen this duo I did a little while ago

pd4aJha.jpg

Piling on for these. These are absolutely gorgeous Jerk Store.

PierresGabriels

Jan 13, 2010
Orleans
For those who hadn't seen this duo I did a little while ago

pd4aJha.jpg

I'd buy a black #25 and white #7 one right away. Time to replace the 'ol Volchenkov.

P.S. Still keeping my eye out for an old school, black, Yashin jersey with the C for the ODR this year if anyone has one for a reasonable price... lol

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I'd buy a black #25 and white #7 one right away. Time to replace the 'ol Volchenkov.

P.S. Still keeping my eye out for an old school, black, Yashin jersey with the C for the ODR this year if anyone has one for a reasonable price... lol

What's the odr? I have a white Yashin with the C replica that's pro stitched. It was an Xmas present as a kid so I'm not sure I'd give it up, I'm a sucker for sentimentalism.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
For some reason I almost never see Yashin jerseys....maybe people burned them all when he left.

There are a lot of blanks on eBay and probably a few floating around Kijiji. You might be better off getting a blank one and having it done up.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
For some reason I almost never see Yashin jerseys....maybe people burned them all when he left.

Unfortunately I had 2 Yashin jersey's (WTF was I thinking). :amazed:

Fortunately I sold one of them. (WTF was he thinking). :laugh:

What's the odr? I have a white Yashin with the C replica that's pro stitched. It was an Xmas present as a kid so I'm not sure I'd give it up, I'm a sucker for sentimentalism
Outdoor Rink

Funny, I bought one for my son too when he was knee high!

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Just like the Pens this season, the Leafs with Heritage jersey or the Wings or the Flyers, i would love it. It seems that retro jersey are coming back. Let's hope so.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
please get rid of the 3d one Ottawa.. I've hated it since they've had it.

Keep the Heritage classic ones.. love those ones

Bring back the '92 ones as well

If it were up to me I'd say make the Heritage our regular jerseys

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I dig the super-stripey heritage ones, no hockey team has a striped uniform, we'd boggle everyone's minds (and eyes)!

Apr 4, 2003
Embrun, ON
My preference would be to go heritage full time, but the old 2D logo accentuated by Jerk Store's jersey designs is a MUCH better option than the current 3D logo - which is simply awful.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Love all of JS' concepts and Heritage....would rock those with pride!

Like many of you, i am not a big fan of the 3d crest

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
My preference would be to go heritage full time, but the old 2D logo accentuated by Jerk Store's jersey designs is a MUCH better option than the current 3D logo - which is simply awful.

I'm a bit apprehensive about making the heritage jerseys the full-time jerseys (and I say this as an owner of both the black and white versions). The =O= just seems like a slightly meh full-time logo, however it is definitely offset by the beauty of the overall jersey. I'd fully embrace if it means booting the 3D logo.

We should just go to JS's 2D mockups and keep the =O= for alternates. That would be stupendous.

Minor nitpicky complaint: It's always bugged me that the black heritages have such a thick bottom cream section (Looking at you, JS :laugh:). The backs of the jerseys look slightly off, and almost make it seem like they're rocking diapers or something:

129180663_slide.jpg

If the cream was made into a stripe, the same thickness as the red stripe above it, then finish off the bottom of the jersey in black, it would work much better.

The bottoms of the white heritage classic jerseys finish in black and I think it looks much better, blending into the pants.

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
No He's saying to make the creme underneath the red stripe the same thickness (as the red) and whatever is left finish with black, much like what is happening above it. If anything it would reinforce the barber pole effect.

Another for bringing back the old logo. Perhaps ditching the 3d would help forget the current era somewhat. Besides, how do you build tradition if you keep changing it? Pick one and stick to it.

Last edited:

CB82

Jun 27, 2013
Ottawa
Logo Concept

I would prefer the heritage logo on the full time jerseys..... That being said, here is a logo concept I revamped a while back of the 2D logo by making a few changes to the original elements. Tried not to go to cartoon on it, but some outside critique would be great. I'm not happy with the face section....figured I would post it anyway.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I hate the 3D logo so much.

I hate that logo with a passion. it looks so cartoonish and juvenile. Bring back the old 92 logo and please keep the Hertiage classic jerseys. Those ones were so good.. the marketing department hit a home run with those in my opinion. The jerseys with just the O in the middle aren't too bad either.

'92 jerseys
Heritage Jersey
"O" Jersey.

Please someone burn the 3-D ones. please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad