Petition to bring back the original 1992 2d Senators logo?

SenatorArmy*

Yes. This should be our official logo. Any variation of it really. I was a big fan of the uniforms the team wore during the cup run year. The Heritage jerseys should be the permanent alternates

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
As much as I dislike the current logo for our main jerseys, I can live with it if they insist. I just want to see some jerseys with creativity, not the bland boring Edge jerseys that I will forever refuse to buy. Seems like easy money for the Senators, it should be a no brainer.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
For those who hadn't seen this duo I did a little while ago

pd4aJha.jpg

I know I'm in the minority here but always feel like those are missing something (besides shoulder patches). Feel like for example the black should have a white stripe worked in...

Speaking of shoulder patches - I want to see a return to using the peace tower logo on one side.

SenatorArmy*

How can everyone be so in favour in the old logo, yet the old logo is not the current logo? WHy aren't the Sens listening to majority opinion? I would venture to say that the 2d logo in not only one of the best NHL logos, but one of the best logos in all of sports. & perhaps the universe

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I always hated the first logo. It actually made it really hard for me to like the team for the first few years. Still think it's horrid. 3d was a huge improvement.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I know I'm in the minority here but always feel like those are missing something (besides shoulder patches). Feel like for example the black should have a white stripe worked in...

Speaking of shoulder patches - I want to see a return to using the peace tower logo on one side.

I like the simplicity of those jerseys. I also like that they are both the mirror image of one another just one is white. That was thrown off when they changed the striping on the original black jersey in the mid 90's.

They'd look nice with the "Ottawa Senators/Senateurs D'Ottawa" shields as the shoulder crests.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I always hated the first logo. It actually made it really hard for me to like the team for the first few years. Still think it's horrid. 3d was a huge improvement.

There was a news article I read a while back from the early 90's before the first season with a bunch of fans ******** on the "Trojan condom" logo. They were upset since they all ordered the Peace Tower logo jerseys during the Bring Back The Sens campaign, and then the Senators for what ever reason (possibly one out of their control) used a different logo.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
There was a news article I read a while back from the early 90's before the first season with a bunch of fans ******** on the "Trojan condom" logo. They were upset since they all ordered the Peace Tower logo jerseys during the Bring Back The Sens campaign, and then the Senators for what ever reason (possibly one out of their control) used a different logo.

The Peace Tower logo was garbage; hopefully that's why it was changed. They had a good concept in incorporating the Peace Tower into the design, but the execution was atrocious and looked like something a Junior A team would wear. The centurion logo, by comparison, can be placed alongside the logos of the O6 franchises, and it'll look like it's supposed to be there.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Follow the Buffalo way of doing things (logo-wise... not their alternates). They came out with the gold slug after their love affair with the 3D wooly grey buffalo, realized it was terrible, and changed back to their original buffalo with the crossed sabres. They listened to majority opinion. I can't understand why the Senators refuse to do the same. All I can think of is that they want to keep the home jersey red, and the 2D looks terrible on a red jersey. Seems like their futile marketing and partnerships with Canadian Tire etc. are keeping them from listening to what their fans actually want.

Their unwillingness to listen the fans about what logo we want to be represented by is probably the single biggest thing that irks me about this team. We had the best jerseys in the league and they ruined it for no reason. It's time to right the mistake.

Jerk Store*

Follow the Buffalo way of doing things (logo-wise... not their alternates). They came out with the gold slug after their love affair with the 3D wooly grey buffalo, realized it was terrible, and changed back to their original buffalo with the crossed sabres. They listened to majority opinion. I can't understand why the Senators refuse to do the same. All I can think of is that they want to keep the home jersey red, and the 2D looks terrible on a red jersey. Seems like their futile marketing and partnerships with Canadian Tire etc. are keeping them from listening to what their fans actually want.

Their unwillingness to listen the fans about what logo we want to be represented by is probably the single biggest thing that irks me about this team. We had the best jerseys in the league and they ruined it for no reason. It's time to right the mistake.

Ditto. Lve the team but I don't understand the attachment to those atrocious, generic uniforms...

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
i wouldn't mind seeing something new. something real simple and badass. maybe something similar to this with the eyes as hockey sticks, and an 'O' and 'S' worked in? something the players can really feel good about (and tougher) pulling over their heads. imagine 6 of these on the ice together
9cbcb20b651904abd56b30a12a642de3.jpg

Last edited:

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Given that the team probably isn't going to switch from the red mains and the popularity of the heritage jersey (I think I read somewhere that they sell more than the regular mains?), I think a realistic scenario could be red/white heritage O mains for home and away with old 2d logo blacks for thirds.

Would be such a massive upgrade over the current crappy logo and default Reebok jersey layout. I would buy one as soon as they came out to express my approval.

JessicaN

Sep 11, 2012
Only problem with the original 2d logo is that it conflicts a bit with biker imagery.

harley-knucklehead-harley-chopper-harley-softail-harley-panhead-flathead-knucklehead-40654-900x689.jpg

hurts my brain when I look at it.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
i wouldn't mind seeing something new. something real simple and badass. maybe something similar to this with the eyes as hockey sticks, and an 'O' and 'S' worked in? something the players can really feel good about (and tougher) pulling over their heads. imagine 6 of these on the ice together
9cbcb20b651904abd56b30a12a642de3.jpg

They could keep the current uniform, but wear those on their heads instead of traditional hockey helmets.

Nobody would mess with them.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
The Peace Tower logo was garbage; hopefully that's why it was changed. They had a good concept in incorporating the Peace Tower into the design, but the execution was atrocious and looked like something a Junior A team would wear. The centurion logo, by comparison, can be placed alongside the logos of the O6 franchises, and it'll look like it's supposed to be there.

I agree completely. I think the centurion logo is a classic.

Bishop1310

Sep 19, 2011
guys make sure to tweet them either this thread or about the community wanting a different logo. Twitter is checked often by their social media operators. They most likely won't reply but it's a way of making sure they see what we want.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box

Original 6

picture.php
:hawks:bruins:habs:rangers:wings
Leafs Suck!

SenatorArmy*

Is the problem that Senators fans are too passive? Are our voices not loud enough? Are they seeking to attract new demographics? Well I say NO! enough is enough! Bring back the old logos or I will not contribute another dollar to this wishy-washy organization! What do we want? THE OLD LOGOS! When do we want them? NOW!!

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Is the problem that Senators fans are too passive? Are our voices not loud enough? Are they seeking to attract new demographics? Well I say NO! enough is enough! Bring back the old logos or I will not contribute another dollar to this wishy-washy organization! What do we want? THE OLD LOGOS! When do we want them? NOW!!

I think it's also that this forum is a bit of a bubble. It makes it seem like opinions held here are louder than they actually are. Although there are conflicting opinions, there are a lot of opinions that seem popular in this forum that might not resonate with the casual Senators fan such as "Phillips is a defender who belongs in the ECHL who will take an eye out one day with his pointing".....

I don't know if there is an affinity for the original logo amongst a majority of fans outside this forum, but I do know they've had their home and away jerseys for almost a decade. I wouldn't be surprised to see a re-design soon, only because it makes a lot of financial sense to put a new home/away jersey on the market that the fans can re-buy.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Not in favour. The old logo was great, but it represents a different era.

I would be in favour of bringing it back (in its CCM/Koho form) for a game or two, however.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad