Petition to bring back the original 1992 2d Senators logo?

Rolie

Sep 11, 2007
Dortmund
Is it possible?

ottawa_senators_2000px_ottawa_sens_logo_old_svg_png_2000_1714__781xhPUT.sized.png

Jerk Store*

I'm on board, however, that specific logo will never come back. Because of the bilingual nature of the city, they switched it to laurels. Now that one could be brought back :nod:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Bring back the laurels.

Or use the current circular 2D one.
I'd prefer it to the 'O' personally.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Yeah I like that logo a lot better than the O.

The 3d one isn't great but it's not really that bad.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Does anyone actually prefer the current cartoon?

i like the 3d logo more than the 2d logo.

i was six when the 2000-2001 season rolled in so i grew up with them. i also think the "3d black alternate with laurels" and "3d swoosh" jerseys are the best. witnessed the greatest sens moments with those jerseys and they hold a special place in my heart.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I actually don't really like the face of 1992 logo. (it looks like Boomhauer from King of the Hill)

IMO we would be better off using a combination of the current unused side profile, and the 1992 logo.

I found this concept online.

If you were to move the jersey numbers to between the red stripes, and the shoulder logo to the collar bone, it's a perfect concept.

Someone with access to photoshop, should totally make the changes. ;)
idexy8.png

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
I actually don't really like the face of 1992 logo. (it looks like Boomhauer from King of the Hill)

IMO we would be better off using a combination of the current unused side profile, and the 1992 logo.

I found this concept online.

If you were to move the jersey numbers to between the red stripes, and the shoulder logo to the collar bone, it's a perfect concept.

Someone with access to photoshop, should totally make the changes. ;)

Now that you mention the resemblance to Boomhauer, I want the 2D logo back even more :laugh:. Dango, gosensgo, man! I also like the concept you're proposing, but I'd be satisfied with either one as long as we use the laurels.

I'd definitely get behind this petition. :handclap:

Would prefer Heritage, but 2d>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3d

Why not both? I'd love to alternate between them.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Now that you mention the resemblance to Boomhauer, I want the 2D logo back even more :laugh:. Dango, gosensgo, man! I also like the concept you're proposing, but I'd be satisfied with either one as long as we use the laurels.

I'd definitely get behind this petition. :handclap:

Why not both? I'd love to alternate between them.

Do you mean a 2d logo on a barber pole instead of an O?

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
Do you mean a 2d logo on a barber pole instead of an O?

Nope, I must have misinterpreted what you meant. I prefer the heritage jersey as is (with 'O'). Instead of the current premier home jersey (with the 3d logo), I'd something similar to the 1993-95 jerseys.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
1. Heritage
2. 2d early 90s logo
3. "3d" logo (more cartoony)
4. SENS

I think there was another variation on the 2d logo and there might have been other jerseys. I'm just listing the four most memorable to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad