Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
This young Pete's core has a bright future under Wilson coaching them.
Once they get a little more comfortable in the league and learn Wilsons systems I do believe this will be an accelerated rebuild in Peterborough.
They hung right there with one of the best teams in the East in Oshawa until the last 4-5 min's of the game.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
This young Pete's core has a bright future under Wilson coaching them.
Once they get a little more comfortable in the league and learn Wilsons systems I do believe this will be an accelerated rebuild in Peterborough.
They hung right there with one of the best teams in the East in Oshawa until the last 4-5 min's of the game.
I should add Oshawa did not have Sennecke or Marrelli in the lineup due to illness, Lockhart benched due to a team rule issue and played their backup goalie.

Reactions: NorthernVoice

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
That was one of the worst hockey games I’ve ever attended in my life. Felt like a preseason game.
absolutely right, no urgency whatsoever. third was exciting but getting borderline dominated by the IceDogs is just unacceptable. Great to see Taylor, Addy, Young, Cameron with points! Taylor now up to 7 points (4g,3a) in 10 games with the Petes and currently on a 5 game point streak!

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Get used to it. It’s a very young squad. Most of these players would only see pre season games on any other team. We just have to be patient and have faith these tough games turn into good ones in a year or 2!
I realize that. It was the fact that Niagara was also very sloppy and played with zero structure. We’ve certainly been playing up or down to our level of competition for the most part since the trade deadline

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
As an Indigenous person -I am underwhelmed by this logo
I like it, but after seeing the Sudbury Wolves and SOO greyhounds Indigenous logos from earlier in the season, I do think it does leave a bit to be desired. It really should have been a local creator as well and I am not too sure why that wasn't the case...

Last edited:
Reactions: Zebra

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
For tonight's Indigenous Heritage game, it does not look like there will be a commemorative jersey worn by the Petes, so I decided to use the logo and design a potential jersey myself!
1707410561784.png

1707410648672.png

1707410670567.png

1707410689633.png

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Throughout my life -anything the Petes do I unequivocally support.
But here they could have done better.

There are many talented artists in our area which is traditional Anishnaabe territory and is bordered by the Haudensaunee territory.

Anishnaabe artists from this area:
Rick Beaver from Alderville First Nation
Jody Paudash from Hiawatha First Nation
Sandra Moore Hiawatha First Nation
David Beaucage Johnson Curve Lake First Nation
Freddy Taylor Curve Lake First Nation

Why do they have to “import” a Haudensaunee artist from the traditional territory bordering Anishnaabe territory?

This is why I don’t support the speciality jerseys-just stick to the Mighty Maroon and White with the third jersey (for added sales).

Reactions: Section5Petes

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I don't want to be negative and I like that they're doing this night but the logo/jersey posted early in the year by @Section5Petes (I believe, sorry if I have this wrong) was so much better than that half baked reimagining of one of the worst logos in Petes history.

Last edited:

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
I don't want to be negative and I like that they're doing this night but the logo/jersey posted early in the year by @Section5Petes (I believe, sorry if I have this wrong) was so much better than that half baked reimagining of one of the worst logos in Petes history.
Thank you I appreciate that and I agree with you 100%! I put a lot of thought into the history, the colours and the logos on the jersey and tonight's doesn't feel as connected to our local Indigenous history. I guess as an Indigenous person from the Nogojiwanong area, I was able to connect some of our local and even national elders and their stories to Peterborough's history as a whole. If the Petes asked @Zebra and myself to design and plan an Indigenous Heritage Night, we would be happy to do so lol
1707416247851.png

1707416766598.png

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Thank you I appreciate that and I agree with you 100%! I put a lot of thought into the history, the colours and the logos on the jersey and tonight's doesn't feel as connected to our local Indigenous history. I guess as an Indigenous person from the Nogojiwanong area, I was able to connect some of our local and even national elders and their stories to Peterborough's history as a whole. If the Petes asked @Zebra and myself to design and plan an Indigenous Heritage Night, we would be happy to do so lol
View attachment 816412
View attachment 816416

I would happily work with you on any project for the Petes -your jersey is amazing !

Reactions: Section5Petes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad