Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Petes should be moving Smith if that’s the going rate right now. Realistically Petes could get 5-6 picks and possibly a player for Mayer and Smith plus another 5-6 picks and a player or two for Beck. They have the potential to come out of the deadline with 10 plus picks and multiple players

Reactions: Section5Petes

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Owen Beck is on the cover of The Hockey News!
1702504662741.png

Reactions: Zebra

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
But you’d lose that 3rd and 5th….
Yea we would lose those picks but I am starting to think Lockhart was so much more to this team than his on ice contribution.
Since we traded him we have faltered -perhaps he was the heart of this team?
I don’t know -

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Yea we would lose those picks but I am starting to think Lockhart was so much more to this team than his on ice contribution.
I don’t know -
The way they used him at the start of the year was really puzzling. Why was he ever scratched? It was probably early evidence that a hard tank is coming.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I don’t know -
It appeared to me that he liked playing in Peterborough. He was one of the leaders on the team. The Petes at the time were in a time crunch. The deadline was approaching for teams to get down to four overages and at the time Tucker Robertson had not yet played a game in the AHL and at the time there was a good chance he would return to the Petes So the team had to trade an overage to keep his rights. The Petes decided that they wanted to keep their current overages. I think most fans were shocked that Lockhart was the one traded as many like myself felt he would lead the offence once Owen Beck was traded.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
It appeared to me that he liked playing in Peterborough. He was one of the leaders on the team. The Petes at the time were in a time crunch. The deadline was approaching for teams to get down to four overages and at the time Tucker Robertson had not yet played a game in the AHL and at the time there was a good chance he would return to the Petes So the team had to trade an overage to keep his rights. The Petes decided that they wanted to keep their current overages. I think most fans were shocked that Lockhart was the one traded as many like myself felt he would lead the offence once Owen Beck was traded.
He had the most value other than Mayer as a OA he was always gonna be moved.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
The way they used him at the start of the year was really puzzling. Why was he ever scratched? It was probably early evidence that a hard tank is coming.
I agree. It was somewhat somewhat understandable when they decided to dress two overage defencemen when both Konnor Smith and Liam Ladds were out and with start that Jax Dubois had but when he continued to be the overage scratch when they had all defencemen available I started to wonder. Then in days before he was traded I started to think he may be the one traded but I was shocked when it happened. I do not agree that it indicated a hard tank is coming. I think it indicated that by keeping Cam Gauvreau that Sam Mayer will likely be traded and with Jax Dubois I think they needed to keep him because they needed the centre depth with the likely trade of Owen Beck. We know there will be some selling but no one knows how large. I still think they keep enough to make the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bra Wavers

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Petes last few 3rd/5th round picks for context:

Easton Rye
Zack Lewis
Liam Sztuska
Stevie Leskovar
Josh Kavanagh
Tye Austin
Jack Bar
Matt Percival
Cam Supryka
Jagger O'Toole

I was being sarcastic. Of course you should want Lockhart back. If it was all about what was best for the Petes, the trade would not have, nor should it have happened, not at that level of return. Too many misses and not enough hits with picks past the 2nd round. And that is league wide, not pointing at the Petes.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I agree. It was somewhat somewhat understandable when they decided to dress two overage defencemen when both Konnor Smith and Liam Ladds were out and with start that Jax Dubois had but when he continued to be the overage scratch when they had all defencemen available I started to wonder. Then in days before he was traded I started to think he may be the one traded but I was shocked when it happened. I do not agree that it indicated a hard tank is coming. I think it indicated that by keeping Cam Gauvreau that Sam Mayer will likely be traded and with Jax Dubois I think they needed to keep him because they needed the centre depth with the likely trade of Owen Beck. We know there will be some selling but no one knows how large. I still think they keep enough to make the playoffs.

I was being sarcastic. Of course you should want Lockhart back. If it was all about what was best for the Petes, the trade would not have, nor should it have happened, not at that level of return. Too many misses and not enough hits with picks past the 2nd round. And that is league wide, not pointing at the Petes.
I suppose thinking about it more, it could have been a Wilson oriented decision. He may have actually preferred the defense/physical/safe aspect of Gauvreau/Dubois over the skill/scoring/entertainment of Lockhart.

Seems hard to fathom but I wouldn't put his past him, and if Lockhart wasn't going to play, move him quickly so he can play.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I suppose thinking about it more, it could have been a Wilson oriented decision. He may have actually preferred the defense/physical/safe aspect of Gauvreau/Dubois over the skill/scoring/entertainment of Lockhart.

Seems hard to fathom but I wouldn't put his past him, and if Lockhart wasn't going to play, move him quickly so he can play.

Wilson did employ Lockhart as a defense man multiple times last season, so it is probably not the defense angle.
More likely a combination of reasons previously mentioned such as; Lockhart earned the right to play every game, the Petes could only protect four OAs, and Lockhart had more trade value than Gauvreau and Dubois.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Should be a good game tonight! 2 struggling teams. First matchup since the opening day for the season.
Kingston should win. Depleted forward group for the petes missing 2 of their top scorers no way Kingston should lose this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad