Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
At a minimum petes should be able to get what Kitchener just got for Schmidt for Mayer a 2 and 3

Agreed. I just stated in the 67’s thread that Mayer would likely be a 2nd and 3rd plus either a skater or an additional pick. The additional skater or pick would be a middle round pick or a 3rd pairing level D-Man at 17 or 18 years old.

Froma. 67’s perspective, it would be a 2nd and 3rd plus either a 5th or Brad Horner type deal.

The question and value will be in what year the picks are in.

Reactions: User13452

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Can Kitchener make a Beck deal now with getting a few picks from the hamara and Schmidt trades? They do have a couple young forwards that may interest the Petes.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Can Kitchener make a Beck deal now with getting a few picks from the hamara and Schmidt trades? They do have a couple young forwards that may interest the Petes.

Technically no. Beck can’t be traded until released from Team Canada. But, I know what you mean. Is Kitchener now “capable” of making the deal? Yes, sort of.

The Beck deal is going to come down to what teams are first interested in acquiring and paying the equivalent value for Beck. That means the package has a value of “X.” It doesn’t mean the pieces fit with what the Petes want. For the Petes sake, they are hoping there are 3-5 teams willing to cobble together a package that at least provides the overall value theya re looking for. Then it is about which package most suits their preferences.

Reactions: User13452

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Technically no. Beck can’t be traded until released from Team Canada. But, I know what you mean. Is Kitchener now “capable” of making the deal? Yes, sort of.

The Beck deal is going to come down to what teams are first interested in acquiring and paying the equivalent value for Beck. That means the package has a value of “X.” It doesn’t mean the pieces fit with what the Petes want. For the Petes sake, they are hoping there are 3-5 teams willing to cobble together a package that at least provides the overall value theya re looking for. Then it is about which package most suits their preferences.
Be surprised if there was more than 3 teams with serious offers I don’t see enough buyers. Saginaw Soo Sudbury to me maybe Kitchener but that might not be their biggest need. Not sure what’s up with Kingston paying a 2 and 3 for a OA d man maybe they are gonna try and make a run at it

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Be surprised if there was more than 3 teams with serious offers I don’t see enough buyers. Saginaw Soo Sudbury to me maybe Kitchener but that might not be their biggest need. Not sure what’s up with Kingston paying a 2 and 3 for a OA d man maybe they are gonna try and make a run at it

I don’t think they will make a formal run but I do think they will try to make it out of the first round and try to create a better winning culture. It is possible they make pull a Kitchener from last year and trade out of the bottom with faith they aren’t a bottom feeder team. I’m not sure they are there though.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I don’t think they will make a formal run but I do think they will try to make it out of the first round and try to create a better winning culture. It is possible they make pull a Kitchener from last year and trade out of the bottom with faith they aren’t a bottom feeder team. I’m not sure they are there though.
They definitely need a upgrade on callens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad