Peterborough Petes 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Is it possible McTavish wears the "C" this upcoming year? Future looks very bright in a yuong Petesland with McTavish, Avon, T Robertson, Rookies McCoy Alfano and Dezoete adding a 6th overall pick in this years draft along with goalie Austin with all that AHL experience with Belleville this year and likely Simpson backing up. Kavanaugh, Spearing and Guryev on the backend not a bad lineup in a couple years will be lean next season learning from Wilson and coaches but should look bright 2 years from now.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Is it possible McTavish wears the "C" this upcoming year? Future looks very bright in a yuong Petesland with McTavish, Avon, T Robertson, Rookies McCoy Alfano and Dezoete adding a 6th overall pick in this years draft along with goalie Austin with all that AHL experience with Belleville this year and likely Simpson backing up. Kavanaugh, Spearing and Guryev on the backend not a bad lineup in a couple years will be lean next season learning from Wilson and coaches but should look bright 2 years from now.

No. It doesnt really appear like they have any good candidates ATM but I could see them trading for a Hudson Wilson type and him wearing the C, as right now our only OA candidate is Trolley

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Very sad- sending lots of love to his family, friends and his hockey community.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I guess the Petes were an obvious choice to head north to start the season.......they are not likely to complain since it's an improvement on the 10 game road schedule to start two seasons ago!

In North Bay on Thursday, Oct. 7th and then to Sudbury to play on the Friday.

Expectations are pretty low this year but I hope there are some pleasant surprises

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
I guess the Petes were an obvious choice to head north to start the season.......they are not likely to complain since it's an improvement on the 10 game road schedule to start two seasons ago!

In North Bay on Thursday, Oct. 7th and then to Sudbury to play on the Friday.

Expectations are pretty low this year but I hope there are some pleasant surprises

I don't even care too much if they finish dead last this season, I just can't wait to get back to the Memorial Centre on Thursday nights! It'll be an interesting season, for sure. Hard to tell who will be good and who won't.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Question for season ticket holders-
Has anyone heard from the Petes regarding your seats for 2021-2022?
I have called a few times but I never get a human-

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Question for season ticket holders-
Has anyone heard from the Petes regarding your seats for 2021-2022?
I have called a few times but I never get a human-

I emailed about them yesterday and the season ticket rep is going to call next week. I assume they'll be getting on top of it next week. I think it's still all a little up in the air because we don't know what type of restrictions will still be in place come mid-October.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I emailed about them yesterday and the season ticket rep is going to call next week. I assume they'll be getting on top of it next week. I think it's still all a little up in the air because we don't know what type of restrictions will still be in place come mid-October.

Thank you-
I CANNOT WAIT !!!!

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Petes basically punted on there import selection today. Kid is only coming over if he doesn’t make his DEL team in Germany. He played 31 games for the team last season so safe to say he’s got a spot locked up..

Could’ve taken Alex Graham and continued the GB connection from Liam Kirk. Wasted opportunity if you ask me.

Edit: According to the examiner - the Petes kept the rights to Kaspars Ziemins from last years draft… he plans on attending training camp in the fall. That’s why Oke felt comfortable gambling on Klein. Makes a little more sense now, still would’ve preferred to take a look at Graham vs Ziemins in camp.

Last edited:

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
The Petes are definitely rebuilding this year but, with the strong group of 03s and hopefully strong 04s and 05s, there is hope for the future.
It’s unfortunate that the Petes missed out on dealing veterans away last season to acquire a bunch of draft picks (yes, I’m talking about you Nick Robertson).
It’s hard to come up with an accurate depth chart 3 months before any season but it’s a real crapshoot this year with the “lost” season.
IMHO I bet neither Oke nor Wilson can even predict what the lineup will be to start the season in North Bay on October 7th.
I’ve organized players by age in each group rather than an actual depth chart. I’m interested in hearing other opinions. There is the potential for older players (02s or 03s) “in the system”, who were not on the radar two years ago, suddenly arriving this year and be in the mix for a roster spot. The two groups of rookies (04s and 05s) will make this one of the most competitive and interesting training camps in many years.

upload_2021-7-2_10-35-44.png

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
GM Oke has done a nice job drafting but now he will have to turn his attention to acquiring at least 2 OAs.
Curtis Trolley is the only returning OA player. He’s a Peterborough boy, a character player and probably an “energy” 3rd or 4th liner in this lineup. In a rebuilding year, he’s fine as an OA candidate. It would be nice to have an OA Dman that could provide size and leadership to help guide this young D corps.

IMO, the Petes could also use an OA who plays center. I know that some of their forwards are probably capable of playing in the middle but right now it looks pretty thin.

A lot will depend on who is available but many OAs can be picked up at a discounted price from those teams that are flush with them. Here are some possible OA targets for the Petes that might be a good fit based on availability:

SSM
Johnston (C)
Wawrow (RD) from T.O. – a move closer to home may be appealing

FLINT
Pierce (RW)

KINGSTON
Brand, (LD) BIG….stay at home type
Drewitt, (LW/C) won over 50% of FO last two seasons

BARRIE
Tabak, (LW/C) big and can play C

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I agree that there will be a surplus of OAs and discounted compared to Paquette for example, but I doubt the top comes cheap. I would think that Barrie goes into the season with 4 even 5 OAs before parting with Tabak or Porco for a single 4th pick.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Yes, Tabak is the cream of the crop in my list and likely out of reach for the Petes.
I imagine that contending teams will be interested and willing to pay more for him.

Reactions: dirty12

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Trolley was part of the Petes grad week thing they had a few months ago, I don't think he's coming back.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Trolley was part of the Petes grad week thing they had a few months ago, I don't think he's coming back.

This is typical.
They never know in June who will be back as OAs the following year so they celebrate and give gifts to OAs and "graduating" players.
Any player who played year 4 and 5 with the Petes has doubled up on these parting gifts.

I would be shocked if Trolley didn't return as an OA.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Time on my hands on a rainy day so here are details about the Petes' schedule:

12 games VS
Oshawa
Ottawa
Kingston

8 games VS
Hamilton

6 games VS
Missy
Miagara

4 games VS
Sudbury
North Bay
Barrie

should create some intensity......especially with 12 games versus the Generals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad