Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Great game until the penalty trouble towards the end.

The hit on Thomas in the third should have been a penalty and I think it’s BS that they gave him a double minor after. The penalty in the last few minutes was bs too.

Now let’s keep this going against Sudbury!

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Great game until the penalty trouble towards the end.

The hit on Thomas in the third should have been a penalty and I think it’s BS that they gave him a double minor after. The penalty in the last few minutes was bs too.

Now let’s keep this going against Sudbury!
The hit on Thomas should have been a penalty .
That son the ref. The spear he commited after the earned him 2 of the double minor.

Then he closed his hand on the puck in the 3rd.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
The hit on Thomas should have been a penalty .
That son the ref. The spear he commited after the earned him 2 of the double minor.

Then he closed his hand on the puck in the 3rd.
I still think the second slash was a weak call. Obviously they were chipping at each other otherwise he likely doesn’t go at him like that.

The replay on the last penalty looked like he only swiped the puck. You guys don’t have great camera angles to see it any other way. Even the broadcasters seemed a bit confused.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I still think the second slash was a weak call. Obviously they were chipping at each other otherwise he likely doesn’t go at him like that.

The replay on the last penalty looked like he only swiped the puck. You guys don’t have great camera angles to see it any other way. Even the broadcasters seemed a bit confused.

The second 'slash' was a blade end spear into Lyles gut. Happened right in front of us.

The Petes are a great complete team, top to bottom .

The Attack had no answer for them.

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
The second 'slash' was a blade end spear into Lyles gut. Happened right in front of us.

The Petes are a great complete team, top to bottom .

The Attack had no answer for them.
yup deserved both and honestly thought he dove a bit down in corner trying to draw a pim and when it wasnt basically saying they felt he dove, he sort of lost it

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Just gotta stay ahead of Oshawa they have games left 3x Ottawa, Windsor, London and Petes twice tough go Petes have to keep pace dont let up at all hit playoffs healthy and everyone working hard. The stretch of adversity is behind them now with flu and a few injuries. They havent had a good stretch with everyone together after deadline yet but should be peaking when playoffs hit. One team that scares me a bit as far as spoiler role is Kingston and Petes play them twice near end of schedule. Buckle up!!!! Last 5 games are vs Osh Kit King Ott King all tough battles

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017

Perhaps the hit on Thomas should have been called but regardless if Thomas wants to play pro he needs to suck these things up. He put his team in a bad position with 10 minutes left in the game and him sitting in the penalty box for 4 of those minutes. The Gallant hit a few minutes later was one that the Petes got away with so things even out. I thought the play by guy and colour guy on Your TV were quite good.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Perhaps the hit on Thomas should have been called but regardless if Thomas wants to play pro he needs to suck these things up. He put his team in a bad position with 10 minutes left in the game and him sitting in the penalty box for 4 of those minutes. The Gallant hit a few minutes later was one that the Petes got away with so things even out. I thought the play by guy and colour guy on Your TV were quite good.
I agree. Retaliation is what is usually called in those situations you’re better off just walking away because you’re going to hurt your team. The Petes had a good handle on the game up until that point and that gave the Attack momentum at the worst time. He was in the box for more than just four minutes because he took that bonehead penalty off the face off after that resulted in a goal in the final minute.

Gallant was lucky to not get a penalty. He and Parker-Jones take a lot of undisciplined penalties. This is something that needs to be cleaned up before the playoffs.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Random thoughts
  • solid game by Jones today
  • How great of an addition is Jack York?.....great skater and creates offense from the back end almost as well as Chisholm
  • speaking of Chisholm.......great effort by the team today with Chisholm and Grondin out.....fingers crossed it's not serious for either one
  • I know that Avon hasn't been as good for a first rounder, as some had hoped, but I like how he has played recently.....using his speed and more physical. I think he will be a good one when all is said and done.
  • SDA has matured IMO....3rd in the OHL in assists and so much better defensively.....which makes a big difference for the success of the team
  • Gallant has been a solid captain - 4th overall in FO%, tied for 1st in PP goals and is just tough to play against. As long as he can avoid taking undisciplined penalties, he may be their MVP in the playoffs because he is so important to all parts of their game.
  • Liam Kirk was good today....happy to see him score the shorty. Hopefully it's a boost to his confidence. He seems to be more comfortable now, since he returned.
  • Nick Robertson....glad the Petes don't have to play against him. He is a slippery handful when he has the puck.
  • Akil was snake-bitten today......three point blank chances but twice he was stoned by Purboo

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
one game next week.......vs Hamilton

two games week after.......vs Oshawa, vs Barrie

three games week after.......vs Hamilton, vs Missy and @ Niagara

Only the last two games are back to back
That Niagara game will be Austin's game

Reactions: three dog night

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
I saw a Pete in the stands with a black eye and bandages on one hand, not sure who it was cause I only caught a glimpse but I imagine it was JPJ or Grondin based on size.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Grondin may have hurt himself in his fight with Perrot, but neither player's injury could be too serious as both finished the game vs OS.
Ya Grondin didn't really fair all that well in the fight. Good thing we only have one game next week so guys can heal up.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I liked the line combinations of:
Gallant, SDA and Robertson
Thomas, Kirk and McTavish.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
So would you keep that top line and try Grondin with Thomas and Kirk?

No. Grondin is fine on the third line and playing big PK minutes IMO.

Robertson-Gallant-SDA
Kirk-Thomas-McTavish
Little-Grondin-T.Rob
JPJ-Avon-Hinz

Reactions: OHLEYE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad