Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Curious - does anyone know (for a fact) what happened in the stands late in the first period? The TV showed a fight of some sort, and the word "sucker-punch" was used, but that's all we really know.
Fights on the ice and even a fight in the stands at Petes game

I saw the game on TV and it was bizarre. The play by play guys (Dalliday and Arnold) were totally distracted by the fight in front of them in the stands. And then Windsor scores. And they they scored again. And again. All the while they were talking about the distraction in the stands. The Examiner article talks about how the fight distracted the Petes players too. Such a weird start to the game because the Petes were outplaying Windsor to that point.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Fights on the ice and even a fight in the stands at Petes game

I saw the game on TV and it was bizarre. The play by play guys (Dalliday and Arnold) were totally distracted by the fight in front of them in the stands. And then Windsor scores. And they they scored again. And again. All the while they were talking about the distraction in the stands. The Examiner article talks about how the fight distracted the Petes players too. Such a weird start to the game because the Petes were outplaying Windsor to that point.
In the end of game interview with Rafkin he indicated the Spits bench was also turned and watching the fight so I think the distraction effected both teams but maybe in different ways.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
In the end of game interview with Rafkin he indicated the Spits bench was also turned and watching the fight so I think the distraction effected both teams but maybe in different ways.
The fight was behind the Petes bench so they were a little more distracted because many of them (players and coaches) were turned away from the ice to see what was going on.

I'm worried that any pre-scouting done by Sudbury will result in the Wolves sending fans to start a fight behind the Petes' bench for Monday's game!:sarcasm:

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
The fight was behind the Petes bench so they were a little more distracted because many of them (players and coaches) were turned away from the ice to see what was going on.

I'm worried that any pre-scouting done by Sudbury will result in the Wolves sending fans to start a fight behind the Petes' bench for Monday's game!:sarcasm:

I just choked on my tea !!
You are so funny !

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Anyway -what’s up with Thomas?
He left the game - has anyone heard ?

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I come in peace lol

Looks like Parker-Jones will NOT be suspended following his fight with Spitfires' D Joseph Rupoli. Oke showed the video to the league and they ruled that Rupoli was the aggressor in the fight.

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
I may be reading this all wrong but you are glad he did not get hurt giving some else a head check????
Insinuating that Thomas head hunted isn’t necessary. Thomas isn’t that type of player. It’s a fast contact sport, mistakes happen.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
I come in peace lol

Looks like Parker-Jones will NOT be suspended following his fight with Spitfires' D Joseph Rupoli. Oke showed the video to the league and they ruled that Rupoli was the aggressor in the fight.

That's a good ruling. Parker-Jones didn't have much choice, other than turtling (which he wouldn't do). Does Rupoli scrap often? He looked like he was pretty solid last night. I saw the replay and I don't know if anything landed, but he looked like he knew what he was doing.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
That's a good ruling. Parker-Jones didn't have much choice, other than turtling (which he wouldn't do). Does Rupoli scrap often? He looked like he was pretty solid last night. I saw the replay and I don't know if anything landed, but he looked like he knew what he was doing.

He had a "fight" in Owen Sound a couple of weeks ago, defending JL Foudy, but that wasn't much of a tilt (got two for roughing, I think). Beyond that, he had a fight with the Rangers, and maybe one with the Generals. I do recall that when he joined the league, him and Sean Allen were considered legit scrapers. Allen, of course, went on to fight anyone and everyone. Rupoli was quieter but can still more than handle himself. I'm glad we've seen this side of him; brings a new element to his game that I was hoping for (but not expecting).

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
He was assessed a 5min Major/GameMisc. for Check to Head ... no word if suspended

It was not a head check. He hit him on the shoulder not the head. It was a bad call by the referee. I cannot believe that he called a 5 minute major for a head shot based on the video. I watched the replay of the game on Cogeco and he clearly hit him on the shoulder.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Tough game tonight in Owen Sound.
They played last night in Guelph so fatigue might be a factor, but they outshot the Storm 40 to 14 and lost 2-0! They will be upset and will probably come out flying so I hope the Petes are ready at puck drop.

JPJ avoids suspension and there is nothing on the OHL website about Akil.....fingers crossed.
I’m hoping the boys get some puck luck tonight and get the win. They really need some positive momentum.....enough of this: one step forward, two steps back.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Do we think there's any chance Austin starts tonight since Jones has struggled lately and Austin actually looked good in relief last game?

If that is the case I would just not tell him he's starting until 20 mins before the game. Maybe he just works himself up to much

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Do we think there's any chance Austin starts tonight since Jones has struggled lately and Austin actually looked good in relief last game?

If that is the case I would just not tell him he's starting until 20 mins before the game. Maybe he just works himself up to much
Actually after the national anthem tell Austin that Jones tweaked his groin and he needs to start.......I predict a shutout!
Some people need some physical activity to help deal with pressure, which may be why he cane in and was pretty solid the other night .......if Austin knows that he is starting a couple days in advance he’s dealing with the stress in his head.

Reactions: Hockey Stick

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
JPJ out but not suspended
Expected back for Monday

If the Petes lose to OS when they are wearing these jerseys.....I’ll be embarrassed

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
JPJ out but not suspended
Expected back for Monday

If the Petes lose to OS when they are wearing these jerseys.....I’ll be embarrassed

If an uglier jersey has ever been worn in the OHL, speak now or forever hold your peace.

These are hideous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->