Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I hope the kid doesn't catch any flack should he choose not to waive. I can imagine that leaving home mid year as a grade 11 student/athlete is an even more daunting idea than doing so in the fall.

Yeah. Kind of a d**k move outing if a 16 year old kid uses an NTC. Honestly it's none of our business if he does or not. Could have just as easily just said negations have hit a snag and left it at that. This is going to be a hard enough deadline for him knowing full well he is one of the main trade pieces the Petes have to offer but now this kind of forces his hand because no one wants to be THAT guy. Or he stays and every mistake he makes this year weighs on him more and that can't be good for development. Damned if does or doesn't now.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Don’t you have anything better to do than sit here and trash a sixteen year old kid? Get lost bud.

Have you ever watched Avon with your “bright eyes” open? He’s actually playing like a first round player. Just because he doesn’t have 25 goals like McTavish doesn’t mean he’s a third round player.

You’re either a keyboard computer scout that has likely never seen Avon play or you’re a troll.

Not a first rounder. Not even close.

pretty sure he is a parent of an 03 playing in saginaw, i wont say which one because its unfair to the kid. he complains on the saginaw board about rookies not playing enough, trash talks other 03s in the league. i dont get why any parent would do that, but that seems to be the case.

im sure he will deny it, but the last time i figured out who someone was that person also denied it and then created a new account to post from. i wouldnt care, but when you take shots at other teenages, thats just silly, especially if your just a dad.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
pretty sure he is a parent of an 03 playing in saginaw, i wont say which one because its unfair to the kid. he complains on the saginaw board about rookies not playing enough, trash talks other 03s in the league. i dont get why any parent would do that, but that seems to be the case.

im sure he will deny it, but the last time i figured out who someone was that person also denied it and then created a new account to post from. i wouldnt care, but when you take shots at other teenages, thats just silly, especially if your just a dad.
Not surprised one bit. It takes all kinds lol

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
We are talking about Hockey Parents, right? I don't want to paint them all with the same brush but.....

its been a bit since i was in a group of hockey parents, but my kid played low level rep and junior and every group had 5 or so parents that truly didnt have any perspective.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Having trouble comprehending that. Petes are a legit contender. If not the Petes, then whom? Asking for a trade to Ottawa? In the West, many contenders. Bizarre
Yeah that makes no sense. Outside Ottawa, no one has a clearer path to the Conference final than Peterborough, do they?

Reactions: nelli27

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Flint (6th in the West) and Erie (7th) are the only two teams that have added so far.

A little over a week ago the Petes were 1st in the league.

This is dumb.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Dude....you need to take a log off the fire. Re-read what I wrote......simply, I don't think he is a first rounder. I'm saying that not to slam the kid but to tell you that you will need to add to the package if you plan on getting any of the key senior players available for your run.

I wish the kid and Peterborough nothing but the best but I don't think you are being realistic if you think an Avon for Thomas or an Avon for Dudas is going to happen. Don't extrapolate what you think I mean, just read what I wrote.

Reactions: Burtsy

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Dude....you need to take a log off the fire. Re-read what I wrote......simply, I don't think he is a first rounder. I'm saying that not to slam the kid but to tell you that you will need to add to the package if you plan on getting any of the key senior players available for your run.

I wish the kid and Peterborough nothing but the best but I don't think you are being realistic if you think an Avon for Thomas or an Avon for Dudas is going to happen. Don't extrapolate what you think I mean, just read what I wrote.

im not a pets fan, im a windsor fan. im not a fan of dads spouting off about 16 year olds.

youve gone to team after team talking about how bad their 03s are and complaining about ice time on saginaw for their 03s...it really doesnt take a rocket scientist, especially given you just joined after the 03 draft. do you really think your kid or his gm want you on here doing that?

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I don't think so. I think Chisholm is trying to put the pressure on Petes Management to get something done. If that means pressure on Avon then so be it but the clear message would be, "If you aren't able to bridge these gaps, CYA"
Ok, so if it's true, which is very unlikely, it's a power play where he has no power. There is no "truer contender" aside from Ottawa for him to go. He's not putting any pressure on Oke that isn't already there. The Petes aren't going to say "ok, I guess we'll be sellers now" and trade Chisholm on four days notice because JR Avon won't waive for Niagara.

He's obviously trying to add players and still has four days to do so. Like Petes1 says, the Petes were in first a week ago, it would be basically a pouty parallel move and would only reflect poorly on Chisholm but again, it's likely more ohlinsiders bs.

Reactions: ptbopete

three dog night

May 3, 2014
lol totally untrue know the family and this just isnt true at all terrible to tweet this out without full facts getting fed info and running with it geez please stop
Sometimes the truth lies in the middle I am sure there might be some pressure on Avon to waive no trade.

Diaero

Nov 29, 2016
Sometimes the truth lies in the middle I am sure there might be some pressure on Avon to waive no trade.

The same guy saying Chisholm is gonna walk if we don't trade Avon for Thomas also said if Avon isn't waiving then Niagara will work something else out with Peterborough before they check in with other teams.

Sometimes the truth lies in the middle, and sometimes clicks are good for business.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Ok, so if it's true, which is very unlikely, it's a power play where he has no power. There is no "truer contender" aside from Ottawa for him to go. He's not putting any pressure on Oke that isn't already there. The Petes aren't going to say "ok, I guess we'll be sellers now" and trade Chisholm on four days notice because JR Avon won't waive for Niagara.

He's obviously trying to add players and still has four days to do so. Like Petes1 says, the Petes were in first a week ago, it would be basically a pouty parallel move and would only reflect poorly on Chisholm but again, it's likely more ohlinsiders bs.

Never underestimate the power players have. If he senses shit has gone sideways, and his agent will probably have his finger on the pulse of what's going on league wide, the player can wield power if the player is strong enough.

If Peterborough is unable to make any meaninful moves (and I'm not suggesting they can't), then the Petes aren't a contender.

The Petes may have been in first but only by a point and Ottawa held three games in hand. Still contender status for sure but not a true first place team. Since then, things have gone sideways and not only does Ottawa have the points edge but have four in hand. Teams like Kitchener have even caught up.

There are a handful of Western teams a couple trades away from being a contender. A couple of those teams are positioned very well to do just that. Just because they aren't what you would consider a traditional contender today, it doesn't mean they won't be tomorrow.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Never underestimate the power players have. If he senses **** has gone sideways, and his agent will probably have his finger on the pulse of what's going on league wide, the player can wield power if the player is strong enough.
How about this, I'll bet you $100 he's still here come Friday, regardless of what does or doesn't happen in the meantime.

Reactions: Drop the Puck

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
I won't pretend to know the inside scoop but from a fan's perspective I have a very hard time believing that Chisholm would demand a trade for any reason let alone to put pressure on the Petes to make a move. Kind of ironic that a player would ask to leave a team because that team is struggling to add players. Also it looks like all teams are having the same problem with adding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad