Peterborough Petes 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
I was really looking forward to this deadline, but holy has it ever turned into a toxic circus of BS. Hopefully something positive happens tomorrow so all these people can F off.
And as usual, it's all OHLInsiders spreading the crap. Even though his track record concerning the Petes is abysmal.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
In spite of it all for some reason I feel like the Petes are going to find their mojo again and soon. Hopefully this weekend with the return of SDA and I'm assuming Wilson and Avon will be back too.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Seems like Oshawa paid an awful lot for Kooy. Prices may be high again this year...

Edit - The more I look at it, I hate it for Oshawa - Sarnia paid a conditional 3rd and Myskiw for Kooy and now get a 2nd, 5th and their own conditional 3rd for him after he put up an .889 save % and 4.53 GAA. Oshawa must believe he's the guy for their cup run (and are basically committing an OA spot to him) next year but I don't know about that... Happy to see them spend some picks that way though.

Last edited:

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
lol totally untrue know the family and this just isnt true at all terrible to tweet this out without full facts getting fed info and running with it geez please stop

I believe that you are correct. Some of the items posted on this thread are unbelievable and posted by individuals who lack something upstairs. A comment on Avon, let us remember that a no trade contract is just that and is an agreement between the player and team. I have no idea whether Avon is refusing to waive his no trade contract but he is well within his rights to do so, a contract is a contract.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
In spite of it all for some reason I feel like the Petes are going to find their mojo again and soon. Hopefully this weekend with the return of SDA and I'm assuming Wilson and Avon will be back too.
Well me too but replace one name on your list with one thats not currently on the roster.:sarcasm:

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Seems like Oshawa paid an awful lot for Kooy. Prices may be high again this year...

Edit - The more I look at it, I hate it for Oshawa - Sarnia paid a conditional 3rd and Myskiw for Kooy and now get a 2nd, 5th and their own conditional 3rd for him after he put up an .889 save % and 4.53 GAA. Oshawa must believe he's the guy for their cup run (and are basically committing an OA spot to him) next year but I don't know about that... Happy to see them spend some picks that way though.
I have a hard time understanding the Barrie/Flint trade. Some Flint fans feel like they gave up too much but feel like Barrie got fleeced unless Vierling explodes offensively.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I have a hard time understanding the Barrie/Flint trade. Some Flint fans feel like they gave up too much but feel like Barrie got fleeced unless Vierling explodes offensively.
Next year he will score 50+ more points than Tucker + Piercey will. That's what Barrie is focused on.

Reactions: Uncle

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Next year he will score 50+ more points than Tucker + Piercey will. That's what Barrie is focused on.
I'm just surprised that they sent Piercey since he was a first round pick and you'd think they would want to build around that age group. Just my take.

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
Dude....you need to take a log off the fire. Re-read what I wrote......simply, I don't think he is a first rounder. I'm saying that not to slam the kid but to tell you that you will need to add to the package if you plan on getting any of the key senior players available for your run.

I wish the kid and Peterborough nothing but the best but I don't think you are being realistic if you think an Avon for Thomas or an Avon for Dudas is going to happen. Don't extrapolate what you think I mean, just read what I wrote.
AGREE

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Point made though a little exaggerated. Tucker for Vierling is month old news. I think Piercy got it done for Flint as they were playing with 9 F for an extended period; and for Barrie, they needed to acquire picks as they will not be sellers for the next two seasons

Reactions: HockeyPops

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
lol totally untrue know the family and this just isnt true at all terrible to tweet this out without full facts getting fed info and running with it geez please stop
Not that it needed it but I've also been told this Chisholm story isn't true.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
The problem with this time of year is someone hears or thinks they hear something and it gets blown up. I have no doubt that Chisholm may have said that he would not be happy if they could not get a deal done.
Players are just like us they know what they want. I am sure that the hype there was that WOW we are getting Thomas man is this going to be great. Then all of a sudden it is not a done deal. I am sure that there are a few players that will be upset about not getting him.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
I think he gets mctavish and tucker Leave robbie sda kirk. But I really think we add another guy for his wing

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
We go from no chance to front runners to deal done to not happening to very close to deal done....

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
If this deal is done without Avon Do you think he has a team that he would waive to go to Make another move. Just thinking out loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad