Peterborough Petes 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radzy

Aug 28, 2012
Two LWers in the draft. If they thought they still had a good chance at Cuylle, isn't that an odd choice to make?

Gogolev is a RW
Kirk is listed on eliteprospects LW/C
Robertson is also listed as a C/LW

Radzy

Aug 28, 2012
things couldnt always have been bad picking Cuylle his dad retweeted the OHL announcement. It may even be a stunt to get him a crazy education package???

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
things couldnt always have been bad picking Cuylle his dad retweeted the OHL announcement. It may even be a stunt to get him a crazy education package???

The 3rd overall pick would've gotten the highest level education package lol

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
Kirk playing here could very well help us land cuylle there will definitely be a few more scouts in the building aswell as some lime light. We will have a sports net game again this year I bet To me those things are something as a scout would draw some attention

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Kirk playing here could very well help us land cuylle there will definitely be a few more scouts in the building aswell as some lime light. We will have a sports net game again this year I bet To me those things are something as a scout would draw some attention

Kirk's already drafted so unless it's an Arizona scout, scouts won't be coming to see him. The only guy scouts would be coming to watch is Nick Robertson, who hopefully can get up into the late 2nd, early 3rd with a good season

Kirk is a great story though and I like that pick, if for nothing else, that we have something that is getting a lot of good press around the Petes name

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Watched Nick Robertson at US development camp he’s tearing it up best player out there I’d say had 2g1a Thursday today had 1 then OT winner. Looks stronger and possessed good for the Petes

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Watched Nick Robertson at US development camp he’s tearing it up best player out there I’d say had 2g1a Thursday today had 1 then OT winner. Looks stronger and possessed good for the Petes

Will Cuylle sure would look good as his LW....

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I don’t think size has any bearing on Nick Robertson’s abilities but out of curiosity -has he grown much this summer?

I was surprised to read that SDA was weighing in at 159lbs!

*sigh* our kids are growing up so fast

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
I don’t think size has any bearing on Nick Robertson’s abilities but out of curiosity -has he grown much this summer?

I was surprised to read that SDA was weighing in at 159lbs!

*sigh* our kids are growing up so fast
Haha looks like he did a bit heavier too

Reactions: Zebra

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Thank you!

Is this for Team USA ?
So we could lose him at Christmas time ?

I mix up which players are eligible for which tournaments all the time......

He would be vying for a spot on their U18 team playing at the Hlinka (Gretzky Cup) tournament in Edmonton and Red Deer in August

U17 - Nov. 3 - 11th
U18 - Aug 6 - 11th
U20 - Dec 26 - Jan 5th

Reactions: Zebra

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I mix up which players are eligible for which tournaments all the time......

He would be vying for a spot on their U18 team playing at the Hlinka (Gretzky Cup) tournament in Edmonton and Red Deer in August

U17 - Nov. 3 - 11th
U18 - Aug 6 - 11th
U20 - Dec 26 - Jan 5th

Would be a great start to his NHL Draft season...

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Presently, the Petes have a glut of overagers …….
Timms, Osmanski, Paquette, Timleck, Dow,

Unless a decent trade offer presents itself before the season starts, I think they should start the season with 4 and see how things play out from there. They would only be allowed to dress 3 per game and would have to narrow it down to 3 on the roster by the trade deadline in January

My choice of 4 would be
Timms, Osmanski, Paquette and Timleck

So the lineup might look like this……
Kirk (L) (00) (I) SDA(R) (00) Gogolev(L) (00)
Cermak (L) (00) (I) Gallant(L) (99) Timleck(R) (98) (OA)
Cuylle (L) (02) (?) Robertson (L) (01)Hinz (R)(00)
Isaacson(L)(99) Paquette (R) (98) (OA)Butler (R)(02)
Partridge (L) (01)Panetta (L) (01)Parker Jones (R) (00)
Denault (R) (00)
Osmanski (L) (98) (OA) Chisholm (L) (00)
Beraldo (L) (00)Fraser (R) (99)
Timms (L) (98) (OA)McNamara (R) (00)
Supryka (L) (01)O'Toole (R) (01)
Spearing (L) (02)
Jones (00)
Austin (02)
Smith (01)
Curran (99)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Yes, I know that I have Cuylle and Panetta listed here....just being hopeful

Any thoughts on OA's or next year's lineup?

Last edited:

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Presently, the Petes have a glut of overagers …….
Timms, Osmanski, Paquette, Timleck, Dow,

Unless a decent trade offer presents itself before the season starts, I think they should start the season with 4 and see how things play out from there. They would only be allowed to dress 3 per game and would have to narrow it down to 3 on the roster by the trade deadline in January

My choice of 4 would be
Timms, Osmanski, Paquette and Timleck

So the lineup might look like this……
Kirk (L) (00) (I) SDA(R) (00) Gogolev(L) (00)
Cermak (L) (00) (I) Gallant(L) (99) Timleck(R) (98) (OA)
Cuylle (L) (02) (?) Robertson (L) (01)Hinz (R)(00)
Isaacson(L)(99) Paquette (R) (98) (OA)Butler (R)(02)
Partridge (L) (01)Panetta (L) (01)Parker Jones (R) (00)
Denault (R) (00)
Beraldo (L) (00)Fraser (R) (99)
Supryka (L) (01)O'Toole (R) (01)
Spearing (L) (02)
Jones (00)
Austin (02)
Smith (01)
Curran (99)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Yes, I know that I have Cuylle and Panetta listed here....just being hopeful

Any thoughts on OA's or next year's lineup?

In a rebuilding year... we simply cant afford to be healthy scratching guys such as Supryka, Partridge etc in favour of average at best veterans. It should be all about player development of the young guys.

While I love your optimism... I'd be shocked if we get either of Cuylle/Panetta

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Some clips from Kirk during Coyotes scrimmage last night.... this kid has some talent.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
In a rebuilding year... we simply cant afford to be healthy scratching guys such as Supryka, Partridge etc in favour of average at best veterans. It should be all about player development of the young guys.

While I love your optimism... I'd be shocked if we get either of Cuylle/Panetta
I agree Petes.....the young guys need minutes
Many things will get sorted out in the first couple of weeks. With guys away at NHL camps, players like Partridge, Butler, Supryka, Beraldo, Parker-Jones and Denault will be able to play more minutes and prove that they deserve to play significant minutes when players return.

Players like Isaacson and Beraldo are big question marks for me. Both dealing with injuries last year, I'm just not sure what impact they will have in the upcoming season. If players like those guys are going to be solid then maybe the Petes play with less than 3 OA's to get more ice time for the younger guys. So maybe it looks more like this......

Kirk (L) (00) (I)
SDA(R) (00)Gogolev(L) (00)
Cermak (L) (00) (I) Gallant(L) (99)Timleck(R) (98) (OA)
Isaacson(L)(99)Robertson (L) (01)Hinz (R)(00)
Partridge (L) (01)Paquette (R) (98) (OA)Butler (R)(02)
Denault (R) (00)Panetta (L) (01)Parker Jones (R) (00)
Cuylle (L) (02) (?)
Supryka (L) (01)Fraser (R) (99)
Beraldo (L) (00)O'Toole (R) (01)
Spearing (L) (02)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Two LWers in the draft. If they thought they still had a good chance at Cuylle, isn't that an odd choice to make?
Not sure you can be that picky with the euro draft...it’s either a forward or a dman taking in all other factors just don’t think teams can get that picky

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Kirk plays all 3 positions and seems like a natural center. He should be a real nice surprise for you guys based on the skills he showed in camp. Been playing pro hockey for 2 years now and it shows in his defensive game.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Kirk plays all 3 positions and seems like a natural center. He should be a real nice surprise for you guys based on the skills he showed in camp. Been playing pro hockey for 2 years now and it shows in his defensive game.

Can't wait to watch this kid for myself come September.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad