Peterborough Petes 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoWanchuk1

Feb 18, 2017
Well done Petes 2018 draft Dman Michael Suda for making allstar team at US camp if Petes can sign this guy it’s a steal where they got him! That’s a pretty good draft again I like it NOW get cuylle please or a mittfull in return

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Well done Petes 2018 draft Dman Michael Suda for making allstar team at US camp if Petes can sign this guy it’s a steal where they got him! That’s a pretty good draft again I like it NOW get cuylle please or a mittfull in return
That's a big 'if' though, I've had my fingers and toes crossed all summer long

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
That's a big 'if' though, I've had my fingers and toes crossed all summer long

Would he even upgrade our D-core?

He was in the SCTA last year and here are some other D-men with very similar point totals in that same league and where they got drafted:

-Jack Harper (Guelph Jr Gryphs): 12 G, 24 A for 36 P in 35 games (7th round to Flint)
-Owen Luik (Oakville): 11 G, 15 A for 26 P in 35 games (9th round to Ottawa)
-Ethan Ritchie (Oakville): 9 G, 15 A for 24 points in 34 games (5th round to Erie)
-Michael Suda (Buffal0): 9 G, 12 A for 21 points in 33 games (6th round to Peterborough)
-Michael Craig (Niagara): 4 G, 16 A for 20 points in 34 games (9th round to Niagara)

Doesn't seem like he fell to the 6th because of being an American but is actually 6th round value. Thoughts?

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Would he even upgrade our D-core?

He was in the SCTA last year and here are some other D-men with very similar point totals in that same league and where they got drafted:

-Jack Harper (Guelph Jr Gryphs): 12 G, 24 A for 36 P in 35 games (7th round to Flint)
-Owen Luik (Oakville): 11 G, 15 A for 26 P in 35 games (9th round to Ottawa)
-Ethan Ritchie (Oakville): 9 G, 15 A for 24 points in 34 games (5th round to Erie)
-Michael Suda (Buffal0): 9 G, 12 A for 21 points in 33 games (6th round to Peterborough)
-Michael Craig (Niagara): 4 G, 16 A for 20 points in 34 games (9th round to Niagara)

Doesn't seem like he fell to the 6th because of being an American but is actually 6th round value. Thoughts?

Played in all star game at USA u17 camp, was on a team that went 11-20-5 in SCTA. Also put up 54 PIMS so you could be looking at more of a shutdown, physical presence. Would be a good grab.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Wouldn’t put a lot of stock in statistics coming out of MM/M or even lower level junior for that matter. Unless the player making the pass is obvious most officials don’t have a clue and even worse don’t care about getting it correct.

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I watched him at rookie camp... he seemed to be a step ahead of Spearing. I wouldn’t let him leave camp without a contract... even if he does a year at a lower level like Supryka.

was just wondering if hockeyfan9102 had seem him play because if not then the "he had 54 PIM so he'll bring a shutdown and physical presence" is a really weird comment. By that logic, Jonathan Ang should've added a TON of shutdown/physical presence to our lineup last year...

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
was just wondering if hockeyfan9102 had seem him play because if not then the "he had 54 PIM so he'll bring a shutdown and physical presence" is a really weird comment. By that logic, Jonathan Ang should've added a TON of shutdown/physical presence to our lineup last year...
Personally haven't seen him play, but typically a 6'1 16 year old isn't hooking or slashing his way up the PIM chart.

Just my opinion based on what I have access to

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I watched him at rookie camp... he seemed to be a step ahead of Spearing. I wouldn’t let him leave camp without a contract... even if he does a year at a lower level like Supryka.

My guess is that the plan for Spearing is to play in Lindsay like Supryka did last year.

Osmanski, Chisholm and Fraser will be away for NHL camps, so I'm guessing that the Dmen depth chart will sort itself out then......when the other guys get more minutes/opportunities.

If Suda signs.......what will the D-corps look like?

Osmanski Chisholm
Fraser McNamara
Beraldo Supryka
Spearing

Timms?
Suda?
O'Toole?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
My guess is that the plan for Spearing is to play in Lindsay like Supryka did last year.

Osmanski, Chisholm and Fraser will be away for NHL camps, so I'm guessing that the Dmen depth chart will sort itself out then......when the other guys get more minutes/opportunities.

If Suda signs.......what will the D-corps look like?

Osmanski Chisholm
Fraser McNamara
Beraldo Supryka
Spearing

Timms?
Suda?
O'Toole?

I think Fraser and Timms are dealt before camp.

Osmanski-Chisholm
Beraldo-McNamara
Supryka-O’Toole/Spearing

Suda - Jr.A

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I think Fraser and Timms are dealt before camp.

Osmanski-Chisholm
Beraldo-McNamara
Supryka-O’Toole/Spearing

Suda - Jr.A

Where would they go ?
Timms might like Niagara but where for Fraser?
I wouldn't want to play against them-

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Where would they go ?
Timms might like Niagara but where for Fraser?
I wouldn't want to play against them-

They anchored a defence that gave up close to the most goals against in the league.... what’s so wrong about facing them?

Rumour has it Fraser is as bad of a teammate as they come.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
They anchored a defence that gave up close to the most goals against in the league.... what’s so wrong about facing them?

Worst thing that happened to him was getting drafted by the red wings........it became all about him and he really didn’t care about his teammates. Apparently Sudbury is interested in him.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Worst thing that happened to him was getting drafted by the red wings........it became all about him and he really didn’t care about his teammates. Apparently Sudbury is interested in him.

Sudbury can have him. Would love to grab a young guy like Hutchison or Baker. Hell maybe even for McGrath.... than you can have McGrath and Jones go 50/50... keep Austin in CCHL

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Sudbury can have him. Would love to grab a young guy like Hutchison or Baker. Hell maybe even for McGrath.... than you can have McGrath and Jones go 50/50... keep Austin in CCHL

I'd love to get Baker......a RH shot, from Cobourg.........but the McGrath idea isn't a bad one either.

For now, we wait until August for the dominos to start falling and give us a clearer picture of the Petes' lineup.

Last year in the OHL, there were 10 trades made in August and another 9 in September.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017

I wouldn’t want to play against them because it seems players develop super human strength and never seen talent when they play against their old teams.

Fraser, god love him, always plays on the edge of sportsmanship and it would be easy to see him going dirty hockey on our team-
Very dirty-

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Are you kidding? Lol. He should be on the petes bench next to Wilson. He’s not coming back now. Huge miss by the petes. Kingston got a good one.

Let him cut his head coaching teeth in Kingston. He will always have a connection with the Petes and if the timing is ever right, I expect him to be behind the Petes bench some time in the future. Either way I wish him all the best.........except when facing the Petes :)

Petes

Jun 23, 2014

Petes on the move to Brantford? Not happening,..but the arena concerns are real. People writing the article completely fail to mention the fact the city of Peterborough and the Petes just renewed their lease recently.

Last edited:
Reactions: SebJHockey

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario

Petes on the move to Brantford? Not happening,..but the arena concerns are real. People writing the article completely fail to mention the fact the city of Peterborough and the Petes just renewed their lease recently.

Hey thanks for that. Ill be sure to tell the writer he missed that.

Has the news for the renewal been out there for a while?

Also, the likely hood the petes move is very slim. We all agreed on a small group of teams that we felt could be in the conversation. Basically finances, arena, fan support where the criteria.

The list included Sarnia, Ottawa, NB, Missy and Petes. All teams whose struggles have been very public the last few years.

The main article in the brantford news said that one team was in talks with the city and honestly considering how stable the league is right now, i think we might be in for a surprise if Brantford council gets on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad