Peterborough Petes 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elindros

Oct 24, 2011
Not looking good in Petesland this week.

Masin - done for the season
Garlent - won't be ready until 2nd round
Lizotte - won't be ready till maybe Game 4. Maybe

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Petes prospect Rylee McKinnon is available since his Junior A team was eliminated last night. He's older and a D-man but could give the team much needed minutes in a pinch.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Put me down for wanting Meireless & Paquette in the draft... With the other two picks in the second round I would prefer some big sized forwards.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Listened to a Buffalo Sabres prospects report today and they mentioned Eric Cornel has only 2 goals in his past 22 games. I had no idea as he seems to put up points.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Listened to a Buffalo Sabres prospects report today and they mentioned Eric Cornel has only 2 goals in his past 22 games. I had no idea as he seems to put up points.

He ALWAYS leaves me wanting more. I seriously think when he shoots he just hopes for the best because he misses high and wide consistently. I don't care how hard you shoot if you miss the net it's 100% useless...

Hopefully he breaks out next year because he has not lived up to the third overall hype... That's for sure.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Anybody else see the shots of Jody Hull on the bench last night? Mancina gets absolutely run over and he's still just standing there straight faced like nothing even happened.... No emotion....

HometownHockey

Matt Spencer, a Future Leader for the Peterborough Petes

Spencer_Matt_L.jpg

Leadership can be defined by the behaviour that brings the future to the present, by envisioning the possible, and persuading others to help you make it a reality. Peterborough Petes defenceman Matt Spencer has assumed this role with nearly every team he's ever suited up for. He served as the captain for the OHL Cup winning Oakville Rangers in his minor midget season. He wore an "A" for Team Ontario at the 2014 Under 17's. And he's recently been acting as an alternate for Peterborough since former captain Connor Boland was dealt to Sault Ste. Marie. This responsibility is something Spencer relishes.

Read full Q&A at HometownHockey.ca...
http://www.hometownhockey.ca/hockey/HH0710.php

elindros

Oct 24, 2011
ummm Decent article BUT. Matt is not an alternate captain on the Petes. Only one is Hunter Garlent. No captain and other alternates.

Not so sure I agree on your prognosis of his play. His stock has definitely dropped off.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
ummm Decent article BUT. Matt is not an alternate captain on the Petes. Only one is Hunter Garlent. No captain and other alternates.

Not so sure I agree on your prognosis of his play. His stock has definitely dropped off.

Agreed. Once was considered a first round pick, now he looks to be more towards the end of the second round. He has regressed this season instead of taking another step forward and that has to fall on the coaches. No development.

lets be real

Nov 26, 2014
was really impressed with the way Timms played. Awfully composed,tough and great 2 way game.Especially for a 16 year old.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
was really impressed with the way Timms played. Awfully composed,tough and great 2 way game.Especially for a 16 year old.

Great player in the making. His second half has been great. Ever since Hull has given the rookies an increased role they have really taken it and run with it...

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
First of all, a tip of the hat to the Oshawa 3 Star selector. It's very rare that a winning home team will give the first star to a visiting team player. Well done.

Looking forward to one or all of the Petes 4 twenty goal scorers to get their first of these playoffs. Because of their lack of depth MacDonald, Clarke, Betzold and Pancel are getting a ton of ice and need to cash in on their chances.

And who knows, maybe a D-man we haven't see so far in these playoffs returns.

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Great win by the petes . Missing key players against the top team in the conference and we still play really well and steal a game. It's possible to steal another one but not likely. Here's hoping! Nice defensive effort against an otherwise flat Oshawa team.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
What would Petes fans think if Oke reached with the 5th overall pick to take Isaac Ratcliffe in an attempt to address the size issue?

Wouldn't mind it or hate it?
-------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Huge win tonight for the boys. Timms was good again, Lizotte was fantastic. Mancina = lights out. Thursday better be sold out!

Go Petes Go!

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Surprised to hear that the Petes beat Oshawa. Well done.
Of the handful of Petes games that I've seen this year, I've been impressed with Ang who I think will put up some big numbers in the O.

willy29

Aug 30, 2010
Ontario, Canada
What would Petes fans think if Oke reached with the 5th overall pick to take Isaac Ratcliffe in an attempt to address the size issue?

Wouldn't mind it or hate it?
-------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Huge win tonight for the boys. Timms was good again, Lizotte was fantastic. Mancina = lights out. Thursday better be sold out!

Go Petes Go!

Didn't they "reach" when Cornel was picked 3rd overall.....

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Ok, I know repeat posting isn't exactly TOS compliant, but these are the only two place I'll post it....

My apologies if this isn't the right place, or if it's against the TOS, but there are some extenuating circumstances and have four tickets for Fridays game to sell. They're great seats....not looking for anything but face value, would just like to recoup my loss here. Section 102, row 13, four seats all together. PM for details. First come first serve.

I'll be in Peterborough for game 4, so we could even meet at the rink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad