Speculation: Peter Horachek, What to Expect?

Erick*

matthias is a lot more skilled and does the same things as barch, just a lot better

i understand the idea of it, but you got kopecky and matthias who are a bunch of tiers above barch and essentially play the style you want barch to play

Barch fights though. That automatically means that he should play top-line minutes. :sarcasm:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
matthias is a lot more skilled and does the same things as barch, just a lot better

i understand the idea of it, but you got kopecky and matthias who are a bunch of tiers above barch and essentially play the style you want barch to play

Look that's completely unarguable and a very easy next option for the attempt at completing that line- just the same, if you were to break that Matthias/Bergenheim/Kopecky[Howden] thing up- wouldn't it just make a little more sense for Bergenheim to go with Huber and Goc over Matthias and Kopecky for energy's sake, even for Erick Bergy has the most skill of the three?

Barch fights though. That automatically means that he should play top-line minutes. :sarcasm:

Come on dude don't be a jerk, very little about what I wanted him there for was fighting. He's the closest thing we have to a true gritty grinder that could also successfully stick up for our star player. If you're going to keep trying to make me look stupid for my sentiments, at least use my actual sentiments (or ask if you don't understand them).

IF it worked, just tell me why in the hell he couldn't handle the minutes...IF IT WAS EVEN DUBBED OUR TOP LINE~ AND IF IT WAS DUBBED OUR TOP LINE WITH BARCH ON IT>>WTF IS THE PROBLEM??

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
...again Barch IS tougher than 20, 18, and 82, is he not?

Tougher than Kopecky? No I don't think so. Not that Kopecky is going to fight but he's a pain to play against, doesn't let pain stop him from playing, and gets under the skin of his opponents. Maybe you can label him more of a pest but he's hardly lacking toughness.

Erick*

Why does toughness matter more than skill in this case? We're talking about a scoring line. There's a certain level of skill required. Barch is 33 and has always been a 4th line enforcer/healthy scratch type of player. You want to put him on a line with Jonathan Huberdeau? C'mon.

Bergenheim, Matthias and Kopecky are all better players.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012

convert gudbranson to wing (he played it a game in his rookie season), convert bjugstad to wing

run bjugstad-barkov-gudbranson and watch the small offensive D be unable to do anything

e/ forgot :sarcasm:

jol

Jan 31, 2003
Miami Beach, Florida
Visit site
anything from a month to permanent

hitchcock was interrim IIRC

horachek is an interesting figure. he's a good coach and this is his first chance. i wouldn't mind keeping him actually, unless there's a very good proven nhl coach that get fired á la Q, trotz, etc
Technically what's the difference between interim and "regular" coach?
Interim is something who continues working with same salary structure etc as before and he's typically from same organization (assistant to coach, minor league coach to big league)?
There seems to be some kind of controversy brewing, coach title:
"Tallon said Horachek will be the interim head coach, but Horachek said, “That was never said to me. We just talked about the immediate change that needed to happen. That was the talk. I never heard the word ‘interim.’ â€

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/09/3739302/florida-panthers-fire-kevin-dineen.html#storylink=cpy

JOL

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Interim is something who continues working with same salary structure etc as before and he's typically from same organization (assistant to coach, minor league coach to big league)?
"Tallon said Horachek will be the interim head coach, but Horachek said, “That was never said to me. We just talked about the immediate change that needed to happen. That was the talk. I never heard the word ‘interim.’ â€

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/09/3739302/florida-panthers-fire-kevin-dineen.html#storylink=cpy

JOL

it means that someone from the organization steps in temporarily till a "new" coach is hired, which can be himself if he does good

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Why does toughness matter more than skill in this case? We're talking about a scoring line. There's a certain level of skill required. Barch is 33 and has always been a 4th line enforcer/healthy scratch type of player. You want to put him on a line with Jonathan Huberdeau? C'mon.

Bergenheim, Matthias and Kopecky are all better players.

I already stated the last sentence, and again, I want those three together, and again if it didn't work, I'd stick Kopecky there, bench Barch, and put Howden in the empty spot with 18/20.

I truly think Barch would serve his purpose there as he isn't lacking skill, especially in the money game.

Toughness matters more than skill in this case because it's a matter of role playing. It's Barch's job to keep his game as ugly as possible so Huber can keep his game pretty. I honestly wouldn't stick Barch on the line if he didn't have enough skill to fill his role to at least try.

Hey as long as Barch would be at the correct spots on the ice where Huber needed him to make the line a balanced succeed, what's the problem?

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
I don't have a lot to add to this conversation except that Quinton Howden is pretty easily the most frustrating player I have ever watched live.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I don't have a lot to add to this conversation except that Quinton Howden is pretty easily the most frustrating player I have ever watched live.

So he's exactly the same as last year :/

Believably unbelievable! SOMETHING has to get this kid to succeed.

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida

JOL

Basically, it means that he's stepping in. If he can provide positive results, then he will be the coach. If not, he's just temporarily here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad