Speculation: Peter Horachek, What to Expect?

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Steve Goldstein ‏@goldieonice 1m
Seemed loose, but lines were 11-27-14/17, 19-16-24,82-57-32,23-18-20/21 #FlaPanthers

I like the new lines to say the least...

Same here.

Hopefully we'll see those lines tomorrow.

No word yet on D-Pairings?

Erick*

And barch is tough, not big.

Big, tough, whatever. He's 6'1" 238 so he's definitely not small. Regardless of whether you want to classify him as big or tough, he will never in his life play consistently (or at all) on a line with a player like Jonathan Huberdeau and there's a reason for that.

This is basically the same idea you had with MacIntyre. I don't know why you think these enforcer type guys are this good. They're not.

This is a great way to ensure that Huberdeau never progresses though, that's for sure.

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I'm still confused how you think I ignore stats completely...

My lines and why? :) OK, without the time to look at rosters and stats

Line 1(first addressed line, not necessarily our top line)Matthias-Bergenheim-Kopecky/Howden.
Three(4) guys that all seem to have the same problem with finishing, but because they are all energy guys, show good cycling, and drive toward nets- they have ugly/garbage goals written all over them.

Line 2 (The Huberdeau line) Huberdeau-Goc-Barch Huber with the hands, Goc is good for everything, and Barch is toughness with some ability. I would see Goc and Barch doing most of the grind work to feed Huber where he is (be it the slot, in front, circles) and other two follow by going to appropriate open side and the other in front of the net. Another line I could see cycling well together.

Line 3 (Barkov line) Trocheck-Barkov-Bjugstad I would like to see this used as an attempt to replicate a Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom line respectively. Get that 6'6 motherflucker in front of the damn net, and stay there(going behind the net for retrieval when need be).

Line 4 Ready? .....(Flash-Gomeiss-Versteeg) self explanatory!

If line 4, being my most unsure/unsolid line wouldn't work, Winchester, Versteeg, Flash, Gomez, Upshall, and Boyes are great to trade bait or interchangeable until something works as they are all perfect for a team that could use them. We just have better fits IMO. Like Winchester in for Barch easily depending on who we play or who's hotter, etc..

I do not forget that we have Rocco coming in a matter of months.

Campbell-Petro/Robak/Racine (From what I've seen, I think Racine is a hidden gem)
Guds-Kuli
Petro/Robak/Racine-Weaver

Timmy
Markstrom

I truly think we have the talent, and we have logical possiblities that haven't been tried. I obviously can't guarantee and bet my nuts they'd work-but I can easily imagine them to work better than what has been thrown together. This is just what I'd try first.

Some interesting ideas here. I think I like it.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Big, tough, whatever. He's 6'1" 238 so he's definitely not small. Regardless of whether you want to classify him as big or tough, he will never in his life play consistently (or at all) on a line with a player like Jonathan Huberdeau and there's a reason for that.

This is basically the same idea you had with MacIntyre. I don't know why you think these enforcer type guys are this good. They're not.

This is a great way to ensure that Huberdeau never progresses though, that's for sure.

Not even close. What I suggested with Bjugstad with Trocheck and Barkov is what I suggested with Mac.

Comeon dude, are you even considering about my words when you read them or just trying to find the first argumentative point you can come up with?

I'm sorry for the we're done here' thing. He's the enforcer that stood next to Pavel Bure duing his jersey retirement. He's the guy that said nobody's gonna mess with Pavel under my watch. It worked.
Enforcers with a bit of skill can always easily compliment(important word you don't seem to pay mind to lately) the skilled guy, with a set up passer type with them.

If you have three guys that play the same game, and that game isn't energy-cycling there's nothing left for the player to do while the other guy is occupying the sweet spot...

Here's another example..If you put a guy on Wayne Gretzky's line whose specialty is creating behind the net, what the hell is that guy gonna do when Gretz is behind the net? Know what Im saying?

Check my lines again, please give it more thought. Unless you're a court typist, you replyed awful quick so as I could've put ANY combo of lines to your same response.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
...and I see plenty of logic in the lines posted!!!!!!!!

Most dangerous thing to a man in hockey prison is hope, and boy do I have it!

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
My god. Bjugstad actually getting a chance to play with real linemates? This should be interesting

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Ok. look up Gino Odjick.

In every facet of the game Odjik was better than Barch could ever dream of being. Barch is the equivalent of the washed up Odjik that played a while for the Habs. So I'm curious as to why you told Erick to look him up?

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
In every facet of the game Odjik was better than Barch could ever dream of being. Barch is the equivalent of the washed up Odjik that played a while for the Habs. So I'm curious as to why you told Erick to look him up?

While I think you're assessment on Barch is a quite a bit unfair, because the same could be said about the Momesso that left Van for NYR, at least you know that about Gino :)
Because of the generalized enforcers don't belong on scoring lines. Barch is what we have right now, and I think he'd be a decent fit.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
While I think you're assessment on Barch is a quite a bit unfair, because the same could be said about the Momesso that left Van for NYR, at least you know that about Gino :)
Because of the generalized enforcers don't belong on scoring lines. Barch is what we have right now, and I think he'd be a decent fit.

I think you have an idea and you are trying to find the personnel that more closely match the definition, despite their shortcomings. It seems you believe Barch is talented enough, but I do not. I believe our two playmaker/passer, Barkov and Huberdeau should be with a guy that shoots and one that bring size/energy. It seems the new coach think it could work seeing what the new lines are.

If you had switched Bergenheim for Barch, it would have made more sense. I just remember seeing Kostopoulos missing all these chances with the Habs and I feel like the same would happen to Barch if he had Huberdeau feeding him the puck. Opportunities would come, but the lack of skill would make it quite hard for him to finish.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I think you have an idea and you are trying to find the personnel that more closely match the definition, despite their shortcomings. It seems you believe Barch is talented enough, but I do not. I believe our two playmaker/passer, Barkov and Huberdeau should be with a guy that shoots and one that bring size/energy. It seems the new coach think it could work seeing what the new lines are.

If you had switched Bergenheim for Barch, it would have made more sense. I just remember seeing Kostopoulos missing all these chances with the Habs and I feel like the same would happen to Barch if he had Huberdeau feeding him the puck. Opportunities would come, but the lack of skill would make it quite hard for him to finish.

We're not far off, and I am solid on Bergenheim Matthias (same guy as the two) line more than any other.

I think you think I think Barch is more talented than said:laugh: He's the closest thing we have to who I'd ideally want there. I don't think it would necessarily fail either. Who knows, I'd like to see it.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
We're not far off, and I am solid on Bergenheim Matthias (same guy as the two) line more than any other.

I think you think I think Barch is more talented than said:laugh: He's the closest thing we have to who I'd ideally want there. I don't think it would necessarily fail either. Who knows, I'd like to see it.

Further, Bergenheim could be a good fit on any line anywhere IMO. So easily put!

Krisberdeau

Aug 4, 2013
How long do you guys think we'll see him here before a new head coach? Do they last long, interims?

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
How long do you guys think we'll see him here before a new head coach? Do they last long, interims?

anything from a month to permanent

hitchcock was interrim IIRC

horachek is an interesting figure. he's a good coach and this is his first chance. i wouldn't mind keeping him actually, unless there's a very good proven nhl coach that get fired á la Q, trotz, etc

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
If that's all it would take...bye.

matthias is a lot more skilled and does the same things as barch, just a lot better

i understand the idea of it, but you got kopecky and matthias who are a bunch of tiers above barch and essentially play the style you want barch to play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad