Confirmed with Link: Peter Holland invited to Avs Training Camp on PTO

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Does this not feel like a favour to an agent?
There was a time where a PTO could get me worried. But the Avs have shown no hesitation lately in not signing a PTO, or signing them to two-ways and starting them with either a very short leash or actually starting in the AHL.

This is a nothing burger that could actually provide some depth value at best or a two-way contact buried in the AHL at worst.

Reactions: NorthernAvsFan

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Quick random question: When a team signs a player to a PTO, what is the financial responsibility for the team?

Any salary? If so, what is the range?

What if the player gets hurt, is there injury compensation?

Just wondering. And yes, it's August.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Quick random question: When a team signs a player to a PTO, what is the financial responsibility for the team?

Any salary? If so, what is the range?

What if the player gets hurt, is there injury compensation?

Just wondering. And yes, it's August.

There is some nuance to this especially as it relates to goalies in the regular season... but rule of thumb, no direct compensation for camp PTOs. There is lodging, food, training facility access, per diem, rights to equipment, and insurance. If there is an injury, typically the medical bills are covered under the insurance (and usually under the team doctor)... but there is no compensation.

Reactions: ABasin

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm trying to remember, players on PTOs are still able to sign with any team at anytime? For all intents and purposes, they are still UFAs they just have a spot in training camp reserved for them with whichever team they sign the PTO with, correct?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm trying to remember, players on PTOs are still able to sign with any team at anytime? For all intents and purposes, they are still UFAs they just have a spot in training camp reserved for them with whichever team they sign the PTO with, correct?
Yeah they are free to sign with any team at any time. They can even sign a different PTO with another team if they want.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Maybe we are bringing him in so that we also have a leg up in bringing over his best buddies from his Leafs days, Tyler Bozak + 2nd.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This invite speaks volumes of the type of players Avs targets in the entry draft and invites to the rookie camp - at this point, I am just chequing it off as "organisational philosophy." Instead of going for a higher calibre skill player that could work like Alex Chaisson, they go after an extremely deep role player thinking he can have some NHL skill in there somewhere or at least be a depth piece in case of injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad