Confirmed with Link: Peter Holland invited to Avs Training Camp on PTO

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This has to be a favour for someone, maybe some nepotism that’s currently unknown, connection to someone with the Avs, etc. That’s all I can think of. So random.

Reactions: Reparlana

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Even if he doesn't make the team, he can still push guys like Meyers and Pavel in camp for the 4C spot. With a lack of depth and prospects, the Avs tend to use PTO's in this way.

Benefits the player too, because even if they don't make the team, other teams are watching their camps and may have an opening for them.

If he's still a good skater that plays a physical two way game though, he's got a decent shot at making the team, because that kind of player can forecheck the way Bednar wants while still being responsible defensively.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Even if he doesn't make the team, he can still push guys like Meyers and Pavel in camp for the 4C spot. With a lack of depth and prospects, the Avs tend to use PTO's in this way.

Benefits the player too, because even if they don't make the team, other teams are watching their camps and may have an opening for them.

If he's still a good skater that plays a physical two way game though, he's got a decent shot at making the team, because that kind of player can forecheck the way Bednar wants while still being responsible defensively.
And the team doesn't expect anyone besides the big 3 to score so he has no pressure there

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
At best, he turns out better than one of the others already signed.

At worse, he hopefully pushes the kids to get better.

My gut thinks he'll convert the PTO to a 2-way deal.... but with another team.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Jesus...

Couldn't find a better candidate for a PTO?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He's been retired a year not years. He played in 2021-22.

Sounds like the toll it took on him mentally and to his family having to move constantly as a journeyman was a big part.

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Hasn't played in the NHL since 2017-18 (23 games).

ug73aXh.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad