Peter Forsberg Vs Alexander Ovechkin in their prime?

Which player is the best one in their prime in your opinion?

• Peter Forsberg

Votes: 107 25.8%
  • Alexander Ovechkin

Votes: 308 74.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Two of my all time favorite players.

Peak Ovie was absolutely dominant, rushing the puck, scoring insane goals, running guys over. His offensive output was also dominant. The first six years of Ovie’s career, he is THE most electrifying athlete I’ve ever watched. Part of that is because I’m biased to hockey, so by default, I’m going to choose a hockey player, but those early years of dazzling hits and highlights and tinted visors... I don’t think anyone was more entertaining.

But I still think Forsberg was a BETTER hockey player. His offensive output isn’t THAT much far behind and he simply was incredible everywhere. He was like a hybrid between Ovie, Crosby and Datsyuk. Should have shot more.

I really don’t care who wins the poll because I love both players. I think I had every version of an Avs sweater Forsberg ever wore, not including his return stint at the end. I have several Ovie jerseys as well. If you want pure offense, you can go with Ovie. I think at their peak you’re winning more games and more playoff series with Forsberg. He just impacted the whole ice and made others better.

Reactions: flipp and authentic

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
OV for me.

That 07-08 season to me was the most dominant performance of any player since Mario's 76 in 43.

Forsberg's peak, while impressive (I'd say his 01-02 playoff run), OV still has him beat on peak performance, which is where I think this thread is alluding to, and I don't really think its particularly close either.

After that, OV has him beat considerably everywhere else. Career, numbers, hardware, records, etc.

Forsberg was a great player but his "peak" topped out as an average Crosby season. Crosby has him on longevity and health (ahhaah) hardware, cups, and pretty much everything else.

Crosby vs Ovechkin is still the more apt debate today, with Crosby still getting the slight nod by most people. The knock on Crosby has been his health, and the knock on OV has been fewer cups, and inability to compete with a Center for impact on the games.

Reactions: KoozNetsOff 92

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Clearly Ovechkin. He very nearly swept every major award in a 3 year stretch during his prime. It's his own fault for a bulk of those 13 games missed between 2008-2009 and 2009-2010, but he was essentially a couple of goals and a handful or so points (over 2 seasons) from 3 consecutive Harts, Pearsons, Art Rosses and Rockets.

Nothing Forsberg did in his career was close to it.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Forsberg was very good, but it's an easy choice, it's Ovechkin, hands down, all day/every day and twice on sundays.

Ovechkin might be top 20 player ever, best goal scorer of all time,unstoppable train, etc etc.

Reactions: KoozNetsOff 92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad