Peter Forsberg Vs Alexander Ovechkin in their prime?

Which player is the best one in their prime in your opinion?

• Peter Forsberg

Votes: 107 25.8%
  • Alexander Ovechkin

Votes: 308 74.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Forsberg was closer to his best for longer, and I would take most of his prime, when healthy, over most of Ovechkin's post-2010 level of play, but Ovechkin's 3 year peak was better, and Forsberg's prime wasn't actually that long anyway. Considering the injuries and the fact that Ovechkin is still in his prime, winning Rockets, and I think it's pretty easily Ovechkin.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Head to head in their primes Forsberg is one of the few players Ovechkin wouldn't dominate. Ovechkin's health and at this point being the best goal scorer of all time put him clearly ahead but outside of Ovechkin's 3 year peak Forsberg was mostly the better player when healthy, especially in the playoffs.

Reactions: User9992

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
It's probably Ovechkin(and peak is surely Ovi) but Forsberg would likely have 10 straight years of 100pts+(in a similiar scoring enviorment) if not for injuries so it's closer than it might look at first glance, durability clearly swings it in Ovi's favour.

That said for me Forsberg is probably the most prototypical hockey warrior and I obviously like him more, not that I dislike Ovi.

NhlFan84

Dec 29, 2010
Forsberg reminded me of Jagr in his prime. Dominant skater that you couldn't move off the luck. I go Forsberg here.

Reactions: dire wolf

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Ovi for me. Had a very high peak, consistent prime as one of the best goalscorers ever, he's good in the playoffs, and he's durable.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
you're not going to count this year? he is very consistent, given how many rockets he keeps winning

Yeah but in maybe one of those seasons has he been as good as Forsberg was just about every season of his career.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Ovechkin has more Richards than Forsberg has healthy seasons

Ovechkin has more hart trophies than Forsberg has 30 goal seasons

This one is one of those AINEC type polls

Forsberg had a higher points per game in the regular season and playoffs during his career than Ovechkin has, in both raw numbers and relative to his peers, and was very easily the better defensive player to boot.

This is one of those posts that cherry picks certain aspects of their game (Ovechkin is primarily a goal scorer and Forsberg a playmaker) and uses trophy counting without context to prop one player up higher than he should be over the other, Forsberg would've won the Hart in 2003-04 if he didn't miss half the season easily, and Ovechkin wouldn't have a 3rd Hart if it wasn't for Crosby missing time in 2012-13. Their is no huge gap in the ability of these two players, only in their ability to remain healthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: flipp and LokiDog

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Forsberg had a higher points per game in the regular season and playoffs during his career than Ovechkin has, in both raw numbers and relative to his peers, and was very easily the better defensive player to boot.

This is one of those posts that cherry picks certain aspects of their game (Ovechkin is primarily a goal scorer and Forsberg a playmaker) and uses trophy counting without context to prop one player up higher than he should be over the other, Forsberg would've won the Hart in 2003-04 if he didn't miss half the season easily, and Ovechkin wouldn't have a 3rd Hart if it wasn't for Crosby missing time in 2012-13. Their is no huge gap in the ability of these two players, only in their ability to remain healthy.

And you aren't cherry picking? Check how many more games OV played when you make that PPG comparison. Also talking about PPG, who had more PPG wins? 3-2 OV right? And considering 1 of Forsberg's he only played 39 games, it's more like 3-1.

Oh and more cherry picking. OV wouldn't have won the 12/13 hart if Crosby didn't miss time? Giving Forsberg a fantasy hart when he missed more than half the season? Ok, but what about the 09 ross, 10 ross, 10 hart, 10 rocket that OV would have won if he didn't miss a couple games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad