Peter Forsberg still got it

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
Nope gretzky was on pace for 240 points one season with 20 games to go . You can assume all you want never happened. also Gretzky hit 200 points 4 times Lemeiux 0
Gretzky over 180 points 6 times over 160 pts 9 times over 140 points 11 times

Lemieux 200 points 0 times over 180 1 time over 160 4 times over 140 4 times just stop.

I once scored 296 points in an 82 game season with Bryan Smolinski on NHL 08.

Tuomo Ruutu had 234 assists that year. Which I find humorous because he didn't end up hitting that number in his career in reality

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
Nope gretzky was on pace for 240 points one season with 20 games to go . You can assume all you want never happened. also Gretzky hit 200 points 4 times Lemeiux 0

Lemieux 200 points 0 times over 180 1 time over 160 4 times over 140 4 times just stop.
Gretzky also played in an era where goalies didnt drop to their knees.

Imagine a sniper like Ovechkin or even J
Kessel played back then both would be closing j
In on 80 goals OV probably closer to 100.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015

Nope wrong again Gretzky numbers dominate the entire history of the game Nobody dominates his peers like Gretzky did against his with the same handicaps are advantages. Ovechkin has been beaten by Stamkos in goal scoring in a season his best 65 Stamkos 60 I doubt Stamkos hit 90 +goals in the 80's

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013

199 in 76 (209 points)
160 in 60 (224 points)
161 in 70 (189 points)

All on Gretzkys level

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
199 in 76 (209 points)
160 in 60 (224 points)
161 in 70 (189 points)

All on Gretzkys level
No gretzky did it over a full season the 224 points is mythical he had 160 the year Lemeuix had a 199 he was headed for a lot more till last 20 games of season when slowed why NHL does not pro rate points for ART ross

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Any more Avs fans without a shred of objectivity want to tell me how great Forsberg was?

I'm a Canucks fan and Forsberg was my favourite player growing up. When he was on his game, hardly anyone could match him. One of the best playoff performers in history, not just due to numbers (171 points in 151 games) but he just seemed to be that much physical than anyone else.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
I said it before, Crosby might be a greater player than Forsberg, but Foppa was a lot more entertaining to match. Patty Kane is btw also more fun than Crosby, sorry Canadians!

Poignant Discussion*

I tell it like it is
Jul 18, 2003
Gatineau, QC

Sure.....the problem is Kessel would really only score twenty because people actually hit back then and you had to fight for space to score (not Kessels game) Ovy's space would be limited, he would get about 70 or so with a small curved wooden stick

Stop under rating the 70's and 80's it's tiresome

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Forsberg was just so damn good (and still is)! That said, he's clearly behind Sid and Jagr. And that's no slight, as both are (IMO) the 4th and 5th most talented forwards of all time behind Gretzky, Lemieux and Howe.

feffan

Sep 9, 2010
Malmö
What a surprise. We get a nice video of an old superstar well into his retirement showing off immense skill and strength, and instead of enjoying that you get a thread full of people arguing about lists and who is overrated/underrated for a change.

Sometimes I get the feeling that a lot of people here couldn't discuss dinner with their spouse without getting into an argument about where tacos ranks on an all-time list and whether red wine is overrated.

Good post. Was thinking the same thing. It took 6 posts for someone to start crapping all over Forsberg (Congrats Bathcat, you win the first miserable poster award).

Its like people on here can't allow others to have fun if it doesn't involve them. Bathcat thinks Forsberg is overrated, which is cool. Instead of allowing fans of Forsberg to enjoy a video, he felt the need to start arguing and saying how Forsberg is so overrated.

Bathcat, if you drive by a tgi Fridays (a place you don't like) and see someone is having a birthday party do you run in there and start screaming about how tgi Fridays is so overrated and start stomping on the presents? Or do you just allow those people to enjoy their time even though you aren't involved and disagree with the venue? Why can't you just allow people to enjoy themselves if it's something you don't feel a part of?

I seriously think you need to look in a mirror and ask yourself that question because there's probably some personal issues causing that behaviour.

Great posts.

He was stunningly great. Thanks for asking.

And hilarious post.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Sure.....the problem is Kessel would really only score twenty because people actually hit back then and you had to fight for space to score (not Kessels game) Ovy's space would be limited, he would get about 70 or so with a small curved wooden stick

See but Kessel could skate circles around half of the defenders and would easily beat the aggressive goaltenders (that came way outside of the crease) of the 80's.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Any more Avs fans without a shred of objectivity want to tell me how great Forsberg was?

Blues fan and Forsberg was one of the best players of his era. Skill, physicality, skating, etc. He was a complete player.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014

Stop under rating the 70's and 80's it's tiresome

Assuming Kessel made the NHL he would have adapted and so would everyone else.

I exxagerrated them both a bit obviously too Kessel would probably be lucky to hit 60.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad