Peter Forsberg still got it

Uno Bench

Swedish citizen
Mar 7, 2012
"Kan endast ses i Sverige", det betyder- Can be seen in Sweden only..
Very impressive by Fopper though.

Bathcat

Slavin is mediocre
Jul 26, 2010
Oakland
Still the most overrated player on these boards.

After Scott Niedermayer and Pavel Bure.

Sorey*

Aug 26, 2016
Still the most overrated player on these boards.

After Scott Niedermayer and Pavel Bure.

Actually I think Peter Forsberg and Eric Lindros should be labeled as underrated. If not for injuries those two would end up in Top5 players of all-time.

Sorey*

Aug 26, 2016
No they wouldn't.

my all-time list if players was able to play to their potential without injuries.

1. Mario Lemiuex
2. Wayne Gretzky
3. Bobby Orr
4. Gordie Howe
5. Eric Lindros
6. Peter Forsberg
7. Sidney Crosby
8. Doug Harvey
9. Bobby Hull
10. Maurice Richard.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
my all-time list if players was able to play to their potential without injuries.

1. Mario Lemiuex
2. Wayne Gretzky
3. Bobby Orr
4. Gordie Howe
5. Eric Lindros
6. Peter Forsberg
7. Sidney Crosby
8. Doug Harvey
9. Bobby Hull
10. Maurice Richard.

I've seen worst lists.But while it's conceivable that Lindros could've build a major Top 5 All-time legacy if everything went his way, I don't see it with Forsberg.

I think Crosby is a much better candidate than both for Top 5.I feel like things could have easily went more his way.He was much more unlucky than Lindros and Forsberg.

The way Crosby dominated his peers on a per-game basis, and the way his injuries happened, it's much more conceivable that Crosby could have won say 5-6 Art Ross.

Last edited:

Sorey*

Aug 26, 2016
I've seen worst lists.But while it's conceivable that Lindros could've build a major Top 5 All-time legacy if everything went his way, I don't see it with Forsberg.

I think Crosby is a much better candidate than both for Top 5.I feel like things could have easily went more his way.I think Crosby was much more unlucky than Lindros and Forsberg.Forsberg was a beast but if we're talking about absolute potential my money is on Lindros.

The way Crosby dominated his peers on a per-game basis, and the way his injuries happened, it's much more conceivable to me Crosby could have won say 5-6 Art Ross.

I'd say that Lindros had a slight edge on Forsberg but it is very close, however I think they were both more talented then Crosby.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009

1. Mario Lemiuex
2. Wayne Gretzky
3. Bobby Orr
4. Gordie Howe
5. Eric Lindros
6. Peter Forsberg
7. Sidney Crosby
8. Doug Harvey
9. Bobby Hull
10. Maurice Richard.

Always laugh when people say that if everyone was healthy, Mario would top Wayne. If Gretzky didn't have that back injury, he probably breaks 3100 regular season points.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'd say that Lindros had a slight edge on Forsberg but it is very close, however I think they were both more talented then Crosby.

Of course it's all close.I'm not sure whether they were more talented than Crosby all-around.Crosby also dominated to a very high degree.

I'm inclined to think Crosby is more talented than both, but less spectacular.Sid doesn't have Forsberg's moves and hands nor does he possess Lindros' strenght, but his adaptability is superior in my opinion.Way superior.

Sorey*

Aug 26, 2016
Always laugh when people say that if everyone was healthy, Mario would top Wayne. If Gretzky didn't have that back injury, he probably breaks 3100 regular season points.
Mario scores 230p if healthy 92/93 season.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Of course it's all close.I'm not sure whether they were more talented than Crosby all-around.Crosby also dominated to a very high degree.

I'm inclined to think Crosby is more talented than both, but less spectacular.Sid doesn't have Forsberg's moves and hands nor does he possess Lindros' strenght, but his adaptability is superior in my opinion.Way superior.

Puhlease

Bathcat

Slavin is mediocre
Jul 26, 2010
Oakland
Actually I think Peter Forsberg and Eric Lindros should be labeled as underrated. If not for injuries those two would end up in Top5 players of all-time.

Case in point...

Tell me now how elite Niedermayer was in the 90s and how Pavel Bure could crack 70 goals in the modern era without clutching and grabbing.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Some guy on Reddit did a cool project where he score adjusted everyone's points.

I think forsberg ended up in the top 5 in history for adjusted points per game

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Forsberg is so underrated here it's sad. If Forsberg was Canadian and played for a Canadian team he'd have shrines built to him everywhere.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
FFS, we can see your location.

So? He's not entirely wrong. Forsberg was an absolute beast when he played. The fact that Lindros seems to be a shoe in for a top 5 player of all time on these boards if he was healthy is just as ridiculous as the people that underrate Foppa. A healthy Forsberg would've been just as good as a healthy Lindros.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad