Confirmed with Link: Peter Chiarelli New President and GM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Congrats boys! A Nicholson and Chiarelli combo in hockey ops will lead to nothing but good things. And I have a hunch that McLellan will be your next coach. Big turn around

With both of our teams figured out hockey ops wise, hopefully we see both the Leafs and Oilers rise to the top of the NHL!

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Bruins fans are saying we made a mistake.

Doesn't really surprise me. Either way, it's a massive improvement for us and that's all that matters right now.

lots of bruin fans say he's a very good gm who was pressured and got a little complacent after they won the cup. Fair criticism. Luckily for oiler fans we are about 1000 lightyears away from that point.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Obsrvations on Chia.

Intelligent, strong, force to contend with, intuitive, confident, won't accept less than what it takes.

Interesting comments on strong sticks, not needing to be heavy, but play heavy and I really detected that even from a GM, POHO perspective he's going to be front center in directing some style of play initiative once he figures out the best play for this group of players.

My sum take on Nicholson is those people half assing it or pretending to do a job will be replaced by those that will and that bring real energy and diligence into the positions. Out with lazy, out with Laforge, MacT, and K Lowe just maintained in a figurehead role.

Man, this Chia guy has some Tony Soprano in him. Not someone I'd mess with

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Nicholson is everyone's bro. Seriously. The guy is at the helm of Canada, and we win everything. Comes over to Edmonton and this happens.

Hahaha, in an alternate universe, this board has 15 people on it all bickering about the same OBC garbage.

Kuudere

5-14-6-1
Feb 12, 2015
The City of SpOilers
man...Chia had the big three in Ottawa when they went to the playoffs (Alfy, Spezza, All star) but now he gets to work with what might be a big 6 (Hall, McDavid, Nuge, Ebs, Yak, Draistil)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad