Peter Chiarelli is the worst GM in NHL history, including Mike Milbury.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Chiarelli is definitely not the worst GM in history, are you joking? Waddell was the GM for the Thrashers from their inception in 1998 to 2010. He literally never won a playoff game.

Reactions: LordNeverLose

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
I don't care

Only time I'll care about the Oilers, McDavid (or any other team/player) is if they make a move that affects my team

Pls sign with the Leafs

Reactions: BeSeeingYouSeattle

Jan 21, 2018
As a hockey fan it does suck, we missed out on seeing a potential dynasty. NHL is probably better off though, wouldn't be as interesting if the Oilers were Golden Stating it to the finals every year.

Reactions: Voight

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
[QUOTE="TheJackAttack, post: 154309925, member: 18946"
As much as recency bias and even at the time Hall for Larsson is and was mocked, in 2017 playoffs most said it was a solid trade while New Jersey and hall did nothing and then oilers improved defensively and almost made it to the conference finals.

So by my count the trade is 1-1 s the devils clearly won it last year and it’s not close.

Seeing the devils worse Then the oilers and hall while very good notmsetting the world on fire (since scoring is up I mean he’s still on a great pace but lots of guys are) I don’t think the trade is or was as bad as people make it sound when it comes to team needs, especially if larsson just continued to play well.
[/QUOTE]
Oh, didn't realize the Devils traded Mcdavid to Edmonton along with Larsson. It's the only way your analysis makes any sense.

Reactions: Voight

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
One of these is not like the other.
Since joining the league in 2010-11, Jordan Eberle has 458 PTS in 623 Games Played.
He sits 31st in the NHL for points since that season. Ahead of Jeff Skinner, Ryan O'Reilly, James Neal.

He's one point behind Matt Duchene in that same time period.

He's got a higher PPG than Gabriel Landeskog, Jeff Carter and Rick Nash.

PeterForsberg

Aug 4, 2012
Oilers need to see a decrease in profit to make a change.

McDavid is selling seats and the owners are okay with that.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Yes, yes you are. Why would a fan of any other team want another team to do better. Stay shitty Oilers, it's fine with me and entertaining.

Reactions: Flamesjustwin

NHL2004ISDABOMB

Dec 30, 2018
yes im pissed too, on any other decent team with an NHL caliber winger or two and a decent puck moving defenseman McDavid would have murdered this league with 135+ points. But noooo Chia surrounds him with minor league wingers like Rattie, Cagguila, Yamamato, puljujarvi, Chiasson, Lucic, etc. and a bunch of useless Dmen who cant get the puck out of their zone to save their lives.

Yet he is still in the race for another art ross competing with a trio of elite forwards in Mackinnon Rantanen and Landeskog and Kucherov on a stacked team with Stamkos, Hedman, Mcdonah, Point, Johnson Palat etc

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
This should hopefully be his last year as Oilers GM. Similar to Craig Patrick drafting Crosby/Malkin and doing not much else with the team but acquiring ancient garbage (LeClair/Pálffy) to surround them. Just need some new blood to get the franchise moving forward with smart trades, even if it takes a few years longer.

P.S.: Pálffy was actually pretty good, just a quitter.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I’m busy being annoyed with my teams owner/gm to feel sympathy for this. For now at least

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
As a child I witnessed my beloved Canucks continually abused by Gretzky and his band of supermen.

Now I am witnessing the world's dumbest GM surround the world's best player with scrubs. I should feel glee. Instead I feel bad for McDavid, and bad for their fanbase. But I can't turn away. It's like watching a car wreck.

Imagine if the Canucks had Bure/Naslund/the Sedins paired with AHL material. Yet it's occurring in Edmonton, with no end in sight.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad