Peter Chiarelli is the worst GM in NHL history, including Mike Milbury.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Yep he's cemented himself as WOAT at this point after that. Sorry EDM fans. Does he have evidence of a murder ownership committed or something?

Reactions: Smart Alek

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Not even close to worse then milbury and arguable if Waddell and others are here too, people really must not remember milbury or weren’t alive then or old enough.

It wasn’t just that milbury traded and drafted and then drafted and traded all horrible, but he fired what like 7 coaches in nine years and STILL kept his job with no success. At least chia had some success and hasn’t had as many firings or as many worse moves, and acted like an arrogant prick as much as mike.

Worst GM ever.

As much as recency bias and even at the time Hall for Larsson is and was mocked, in 2017 playoffs most said it was a solid trade while New Jersey and hall did nothing and then oilers improved defensively and almost made it to the conference finals.

So by my count the trade is 1-1 s the devils clearly won it last year and it’s not close.

Seeing the devils worse Then the oilers and hall while very good notmsetting the world on fire (since scoring is up I mean he’s still on a great pace but lots of guys are) I don’t think the trade is or was as bad as people make it sound when it comes to team needs, especially if larsson just continued to play well.

all that being said he’s obviously a GM that makes big risks and with that he can strike gold or he can look foolish.

Sure he’s probably one of the worst at the moment but even eberle isn’t amazing and coming off that run in the playoffs where he did nothing, fans asked for a trade but wanted a better return.

He also should try and get better guys then wideman, though I liked the Bouchard draft.

Last edited:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Sorry, winning a Cup already makes you so much better than a guy like Milbury.

You can argue that his most recent 5-year stretch, or his tenure with the Oilers, are the worst 5-year stretch or tenure with a team of all time. But that Cup (and another SCF appearance, mind you) separates him from the absolute worst.
That probably goes to Milbury as well.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Sorry, winning a Cup already makes you so much better than a guy like Milbury.

You can argue that his most recent 5-year stretch, or his tenure with the Oilers, are the worst 5-year stretch or tenure with a team of all time. But that Cup (and another SCF appearance, mind you) separates him from the absolute worst.
Won a Cup with a team made of 95% of players he inherited.

Jeff Gorton contributed more to Boston's cup win than Chia did, and he was only the job for a few months

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad