Confirmed with Link: Peter Chiarelli - 4 year extension!

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Bruins Extend Chiarelli

BOSTON, MA - Boston Bruins President Cam Neely announced today, August 29, that the club has signed General Manager Peter Chiarelli to a four-year contract extension through the 2017-18 season. In addition to his General Manager duties, Chiarelli will also continue serving as an Alternate Governor on the NHL's Board of Governors. Bruins Principal Charlie Jacobs, Neely and Chiarelli will hold a press conference on Friday, August 30 at the TD Garden at 10:00 a.m. ET to discuss the extension.

Last edited:

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Sounds done, according to Bruins mobile:

Full release available at http://bruins.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=681208

Bruins Extend Chiarelli

BOSTON, MA - Boston Bruins President Cam Neely announced today, August 29, that the club has signed General Manager Peter Chiarelli to a four-year contract extension through the 2017-18 season. In addition to his General Manager duties, Chiarelli will also continue serving as an Alternate Governor on the NHL's Board of Governors. Bruins Principal Charlie Jacobs, Neely and Chiarelli will hold a press conference on Friday, August 30 at the TD Garden at 10:00 a.m. ET to discuss the extension.

Chiarelli will enter his eighth season with Boston in 2013-14 after becoming the Bruins seventh General Manager on May 26, 2006. In the previous seven seasons, the B's have qualified for the playoffs six times with Chiarelli at the helm and have compiled a 50-35 postseason record, which includes a Stanley Cup championship in 2011 and an Eastern Conference Championship in 2013.

Last edited:

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
excellent news. it's been a real thrill watching PC build this team and finally bring one home! i'm pumped for the next chance to say 'damn well done chia!'

member 96824

I'm still evaluating this news

never die joke from 2010, never die

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
How long until Mike In Attleboro calls into F&M to complain about how Chiarelli is such a terrible GM?

Ummmmmmmmm........What time is it? lol

Glad to hear that it's a done deal. I guess longer would have been out of the question, but just happy that they re-upped him!:handclap:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Shaun and BrainofJ with the best posts I have ever read ....

Well done boys.

Great job locking him up... One of the best GM's in any sport and carving out a nice legacy for himself with this franchise..

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Great news. After some initial stumbling (goodbye Kris Versteeg), he's recovered to preside over a first rate scouting and administrative team. Glad he's ours.

BudMovin*

Amazing news. Having a good GM is so important to building a contender....He might be the best in the Biz right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad