Confirmed with Link: Peter Chiarelli - 4 year extension!

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Love the continuity we've seen over these past 5-6 years....best way to build a team.

Afam*

Felger was saying that chia was overrated. That he didn't draft lucic, bergy, etc.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Felger was saying that chia was overrated. That he didn't draft lucic, bergy, etc.

Just get ready for Felger's lapdog (Mike in Attleboro) to call in during the 5pm hour so he can stutter/rant about why Chia ****ed up the Iginla trade. :shakehead

I'm just glad they spent 5 seconds on something positive about Chia (his trade wizardry).

Afam*

Well he didn't.

His drafting record isn't stellar by any stretch. Pobody's Nerfect.

I agree. I didn't know that. Felger does have his positives side you know. some people assume that chia drafted all our core player so I'm glad he pointed that out. I learned something new.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I agree. I didn't know that. Felger does have his positives side you know. some people assume that chia drafted all our core player so I'm glad he pointed that out. I learned something new.

I would wager that no one else on this board assumed that. Maybe some of the kids 16 and younger.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital

Granted, he didn't draft/acquire the core of this current team, which I think most people did know, but he also came in here and was smart enough to recognize what he did have.

It wasn't like he came into a team that had a track record of recent success, where it would be easy to keep everything status quo on the ice. He didn't do the rash thing and trade younger players in the system for "his guys." I give him credit for allowing these core players to develop in the system, or on the NHL roster, and later on, giving many of these players extensions. He recognized a group of players on the roster that could develop into a core, and he didn't do the selfish or rash thing of trying to make himself look brilliant by making moves for "his guys" to make "his team." He stayed the course with a good group of players and prospects that he inherited, added around them, and eventually it paid off. I'm glad he is here for four more years.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Great move, he is the best if not one of the best GM's in the league.

The time to win is now, so hopefully the Bruins can get one more Cup at least in the next 4 years.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Chia has proven during his time here that he is a great GM. He has made his share of mistakes but what I like about him is his ability to acknowledge them and cut his loses ratter than throw good money after bad. A perfect example was Kaberle. He gave up assets and a first round draft choice for a dud, many GM's would have signed Kaberle even if the signing was iffy, just not to admit the mistake. Chia evaluated the player and let him go despite having paid handsomely for him.

Great news,we're in good hands.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
At least four more years. :nod:

#packagedeal

That's what I wanted to see. Was HOPING it was someone else saying it though, as I feel as though it's something that (even if you're not happy about it) most of this board should have accepted as reality by now.

So far it's us select few, Bill. And personally, I'm very happy about it.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
The Bruins have qualified for the playoffs in six of his first seven years, compiling a 50-35 postseason record and winning the Stanley Cup in 2011.

Boston has compiled a 291-187-62 record with Chiarelli in the front office, and has had five seasons of 90 points or more.

Per AP.

And if Felger really is "going off," he's simply proving he's a contrarian dodo of the highest order.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->