#PeskySens

MarkZackKarl

Jun 29, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
This team has an identity and it is freaking great. Bodes well for the playoffs if we can keep this up. Have a good shot at winning our first playoff series in 6 years.

Looking at teams like Washington and NYR, teams without identity or heart, struggling like hell.

Good job Sens!

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Anyone know where this name began? I recall Spezza saying "Pesky sens boys pesky sens!" after a win last season, but on the Team1200 someone was saying they thought Condra made it up at some point.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
*hides from jinx thread*

But seriously folks. I couldn't be more proud of our vets and call-ups.

Milan the God*

I like the team's work ethic. They never give up on a game.

Anyone know where this name began? I recall Spezza saying "Pesky sens boys pesky sens!" after a win last season, but on the Team1200 someone was saying they thought Condra made it up at some point.

The first I heard was Spezza. It was either against Florida or Columbus where we scored with ~5 seconds left to win the game. He went through the tunnel yelling something like "The pesky Sens at it again!" or something.

Wham City

Oct 27, 2006
Whistler

Stole it from the Stars.

The Stars, who have embraced the “#peskystars” moniker on Twitter, went on a roller coaster ride of a game and came up with a 5-3 win over the Anaheim Ducks to take back first place in the Pacific Division.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-stars/headlines/20111219-heika-stars-show-their-pesky-side-in-tense-5-3-win-over-ducks.ece

costermonger

sans classe
Nov 4, 2007
Kitchener, Ont
Their absolute refusal to ever be out of a game, ever, has really led me to enjoy watching them a lot more. Wasn't long ago I'd be nervous if we were only up by 2 in the third, whereas now it's almost an expectation that being down 1 with 5 minutes left is going to end up getting us at least a point.

Love the resilience, hope this continues to be a defining feature of the Sens. :handclap:

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
I like the team's work ethic. They never give up on a game.

The first I heard was Spezza. It was either against Florida or Columbus where we scored with ~5 seconds left to win the game. He went through the tunnel yelling something like "The pesky Sens at it again!" or something.

That was also the first I heard it, but it was after that 4-1 comeback against the NYR where we scored 3 in the third and won in the shootout.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
It's hard not to like the way this team is playing. I think you hit on it correctly when you speak of identity, they are young, hardworking and a bit cocky. They will grow together nicely.

It's a bit early to talk about playoff success yet, they are still very young. But this type of identity does have a proven success.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
That was also the first I heard it, but it was after that 4-1 comeback against the NYR where we scored 3 in the third and won in the shootout.

Exactly this.

The Stars and Blues have adopted (stolen) the same title. Unfortunately for them, none are remotely as pesky.

Milan the God*

That was it. My bad.

Jerk Store*

Also was told the Bingo Boys brought it up. It's ours! I love it! Nice of marketing to push it as well. It's really catching on Twitter and Instagram.

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
I need some help

I need some help from archiving savvy hfboarders. some idiot on twitter is delusional enough to think the blues made up the pesky hashtag. i told him condra made it up, dating back to when he was at notre dame. can anyone give me a link that would instantly shut this moron up?

mods if this needs to be deleted after, by all means, i would just like to shut this kid up.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
I need some help from archiving savvy hfboarders. some idiot on twitter is delusional enough to think the blues made up the pesky hashtag. i told him condra made it up, dating back to when he was at notre dame. can anyone give me a link that would instantly shut this moron up?

mods if this needs to be deleted after, by all means, i would just like to shut this kid up.

tumblr_lqcxq0iSju1qht847.gif

This **** just got real.

Not sure if it's on the sens site.

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
you raise a valid point, i could just block the idiot, but id rather him go to bed knowing how wrong he was, and that he shouldnt just spew out statements that have zero validity to them. for example, he said, when we acquired bishop, bishop started the pesky hashtag trend. thats what im dealing with here.

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
i could be wrong, so don't quote me on this, but i don't think condra invented it, unfortunately. i'd thought i'd heard it was actually dallas that was using it last year, or something. could be wrong.

even if dallas was using it last year, so were the sens, and even before that, the bsens used it during the calder year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad