---------------
6. Rossi
7. Perfetti
8. Holtz
-------------
9. Lundell
10. Askarov
11. Sanderson

As always I don't have time for real scouting- even less this year, but I try to watch the big tournaments, catch the odd stream and of course lately have done a highlight, shift-by-shift and scouting report session on them all.

After doing some more watching of shift-by-shifts, reports and such my board has changed a little and I'm willing to rank some more guys. Here's my top 20 for draft day:

1. Lafreniere
-----------------
2. Stutzle
3. Byfield
-----------------
4. Drysdale
5. Raymond
6. Perfetti
----------------
7. Rossi
8. Holtz
--------------
9. Quinn
10. Lundell
11. Askarov
------------------
12. Jarvis
13. Mysak
14. Sanderson
15. Zary
16. Guhle
17. Wallinder
18. Lapierre
19. Perreault
20. Reichel

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
  1. Laf
  2. Raymond
  3. Stutzle
  4. Byfield
  5. Drysdale
  6. Holtz
  7. Perfetti
  8. Askarov
  9. Bourque
  10. Jarvis
  11. Zary
  12. Sanderson
  13. Brisson
  14. Guhle
  15. Lapierre
  16. Rossi
  17. Lundell
  18. Amirov
  19. Andrae
  20. Reichel
  21. Mercer
  22. Peterka
  23. Khusnutdinov
  24. Quinn
  25. Gunler
  26. Perreault
  27. Bordeleau
  28. Mysak
  29. Niemela
  30. Wiesblatt
  31. Schneider
  32. Cormier
  33. Colangelo
  34. Greig
  35. Holloway
  36. Wallinder
  37. Villeneuve
  38. O’Rourke
  39. Smilanic
  40. Niederbach
  41. Jurmo
  42. Moore
  43. Grans
  44. Barron
  45. Viro
    Changes often but that’s where I’m at

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
My top 32

Laf
Byfield
Stutzle
Perfetti
Raymond
Askarov
Drysdale
Sanderson
Lundell
Jarvis
Rossi
Quinn
Reichel
Wiesblatt
Holtz
Guhle
Zary
Bourque
Brisson
Mercer
Peterka
Holloway
Amirov
Perrault
Mysak
Grans
Schneider
Lapierre
O'Rourke
Greig
Gunler
Hirvonen
Villenueve

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Tier1
Lafrenière
Raymond
Byfield
Askarov

Tier2
Lundell
Drysdale
Stützle
Reichel
Rossi
Perfetti
Sanderson
Holtz

I'd be fine with any of these players at 4OA to be honest. They all have high and interesting ceilings in my opinion. It will come down to development.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
1. Lafreniere
2. Stutzle
3. Byfield
4. Perfetti
5. Raymond
6. Drysdale
7. Holtz
8. Rossi
9. Askarov
10.Sanderson
11.Lundell
12.Jarvis
13.Quinn
14. Bourque
15.Holloway

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Well since the draft is finally around the corner, it's time to announce my mock draft list.

#1 New York Rangers: Alexis Lafreniere
- no brainer

#2 Los Angeles Kings: Quinton Byfield
- Kings pick Byfield because they had Kopitar & Carter for many years, and Byfield is perfect heir for them.

#3 Ottawa Senators: Tim Stutzle
- i hope that Dorion would have a brainfart here and Stutzle would fall in to our hands, but unfortunately i don't believe in such luck. No brainer pick for the Sens.

#4 Detroit Red Wings: Cole Perfetti
- this is where the draft really begins, Red Wings have several options Perfetti, Raymond, Rossi, Holtz, Lundell, Sanderson, Drysdale and Askarov. Let's begin the progress of elimination.

-Askarov; his hype is all time high right now, he's been playing great and his player comp just won a Cup. But i still don't believe it's essential to have a elite goalie to win the Cup. Khudobin was as good as Vasilevsky was during the playoffs, and Dobby is what seventh round pick. Binnington 3rd round pick, Holtby 4rth round pick, Murray 3rd round pick, and the list goes on and on. Good goalies can be found in later rounds. And when the rebuild is over, Red Wings will have enough assets to trade for a goalie. It's also much smarter asset management to have a strong offence and defence, rather than a +10 million dollar elite goalie in salary cap era imo.

-Sanderson & Drysdale; both are going to be great players, but Red Wings will suck next season as much as they sucked this season. 2021 draft is stacked with d-prospects better than these two, i can already see Yzerman drooling over the possibility to pick Power.

-Holtz; we have similar players like Holtz, Mantha and Zadina.

And that leaves Perfetti, Raymond, Rossi and Lundell as most potential picks. I believe the pick is going to be Perfetti, he has the highest ceiling and his skill set is insane. And he is still so raw.

#5 Ottawa Senators: Jake Sanderson
- After taking best center available, it makes sense to pick best defenceman available. Sanderson will take some pressure away from Chabot and will make the Sens a way harder team to play against.

#6 Anaheim Ducks: Jamie Drysdale
-Ducks need d-men and Drysdale is perfect fit.

#7 New Jersey Devils: Lucas Raymond
-Devils could use a defenceman but instead they gonna pick high end linemate for Hughes.

#8 Buffalo Sabres: Anton Lundell
-If i were Buffalo gm, i would be very tempted to try Skinner-Eichel-Cozens line in near future and think it would work very well. But then that would still leave 2nd line center spot open. Lundell is perfect for that role as a best two-way center in this draft.

#9 Minnesota Wild: Marco Rossi
- BPA pick which also fills their need. If im not mistaking Vanek still lives in Minnesota, maybe they should hire him as a player development coach. Like Rangers did with Kakko, they hired Tuomo Ruutu to help Kakko.

#10 Winnipeg Jets: Alexander Holtz:
- Jets could use defenceman but go with BPA, and this pick also opens up a possibility to trade Laine or Ehlers for d-man.

#11 Nashville Predators: Seth Jarvis
-Preds can find good d-men out of thin air, but what they really need is scoring depth. Jarvis can help them with that.

#12 Florida Panthers: Jack Quinn
- Panthers goalie department is set, but they need everything else. They have a great building block in Barkov and they should continue building around him. Quinn can be 30-40 goal player next to Barkov.

#13 Carolina Hurricanes: Jaroslav Askarov
-Canes are goalie away from contending, no brainer pick.

#14 Edmonton Oilers: Dylan Holloway
- Tyler Wright loves these western Canada kids, Holloway to Edmonton mark my words.

#15 Toronto Maple Leafs: Braden Schneider
-Leafs need D and Schneider is best available.

1/2

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Well since the draft is finally around the corner, it's time to announce my mock draft list.

- no brainer

- Kings pick Byfield because they had Kopitar & Carter for many years, and Byfield is perfect heir for them.

- i hope that Dorion would have a brainfart here and Stutzle would fall in to our hands, but unfortunately i don't believe in such luck. No brainer pick for the Sens.

- this is where the draft really begins, Red Wings have several options Perfetti, Raymond, Rossi, Holtz, Lundell, Sanderson, Drysdale and Askarov. Let's begin the progress of elimination.

-Askarov; his hype is all time high right now, he's been playing great and his player comp just won a Cup. But i still don't believe it's essential to have a elite goalie to win the Cup. Khudobin was as good as Vasilevsky was during the playoffs, and Dobby is what seventh round pick. Binnington 3rd round pick, Holtby 4rth round pick, Murray 3rd round pick, and the list goes on and on. Good goalies can be found in later rounds. And when the rebuild is over, Red Wings will have enough assets to trade for a goalie. It's also much smarter asset management to have a strong offence and defence, rather than a +10 million dollar elite goalie in salary cap era imo.

-Sanderson & Drysdale; both are going to be great players, but Red Wings will suck next season as much as they sucked this season. 2021 draft is stacked with d-prospects better than these two, i can already see Yzerman drooling over the possibility to pick Power.

And that leaves Perfetti, Raymond, Rossi and Lundell as most potential picks. I believe the pick is going to be Perfetti, he has the highest ceiling and his skill set is insane. And he is still so raw.

- After taking best center available, it makes sense to pick best defenceman available. Sanderson will take some pressure away from Chabot and will make the Sens a way harder team to play against.

-Devils could use a defenceman but instead they gonna pick high end linemate for Hughes.

-If i were Buffalo gm, i would be very tempted to try Skinner-Eichel-Cozens line in near future and think it would work very well. But then that would still leave 2nd line center spot open. Lundell is perfect for that role as a best two-way center in this draft.

- BPA pick which also fills their need. If im not mistaking Vanek still lives in Minnesota, maybe they should hire him as a player development coach. Like Rangers did with Kakko, they hired Tuomo Ruutu to help Kakko.

- Jets could use defenceman but go with BPA, and this pick also opens up a possibility to trade Laine or Ehlers for d-man.

-Preds can find good d-men out of thin air, but what they really need is scoring depth. Jarvis can help them with that.

- Panthers goalie department is set, but they need everything else. They have a great building block in Barkov and they should continue building around him. Quinn can be 30-40 goal player next to Barkov.

- Tyler Wright loves these western Canada kids, Holloway to Edmonton mark my words.

1/2

2/2

#16 Montreal Canadiens: Connor Zary
-BPA pick, Habs were very weak in the middle for a long time. But slowly its getting better.

#17 Chicago Blackhawks: Jan Mysak
-Because of Kubalik, Stan Bowman has now fallen in love with players from Czech Republic. They pick Mysak to get some center depth behind Dach.

#18 New Jersey Devils: Noel Gunler
- With the first pick they took a linemate for Hughes and they pick a linemate for Hischier.

#19 Calgary Flames: Kaiden Guhle
- Battle of Alberta is heating up and their division rivals are starting to have pretty dangerous offensive corps. So Flames picks a physical shut-down defenseman.

#20 New Jersey Devils: William Wallinder
- How swede it is! Devils complete their hatrick in 1st round, and finally picks a defenseman.

#21 Columbus Blue Jackets: Mavrik Bourque
- smart, fast, all around player. Exactly type what Kekäläinen loves to have in his team.

#22 New York Rangers: Rodion Amirov
- Rangers love Russians, and Russians love New York.

#23 Philadelphia Flyers: Dawson Mercer
- BPA

#24 Colorado Avalanche: Hendrix Lapierre
- Avs are set in every department, they can afford risk by picking Lapierre.

#25 Washington Capitals: Jacob Perreault
- Caps cup window is still open for a few years, and if Perreault can graduate in time he can help them by bringing very cheap secondary scoring in to the team. But if he doesn't graduate in time, then he will be one of the first new core players.

#26 St Louis Blues: Helge Grans
- big, mobile defenseman, exactly type what the Blues likes to have in their system.

#27 Anaheim Ducks: John-Jason Peterka
- Ducks picks scoring depth, they could also pick Reichel instead. But Peterka is slighty flashier so might go first.

#28 Ottawa Senators: Lukas Reichel
- see abow

#29 Vegas Golden Knights: Tyson Foerster
- BPA

#30 Dallas Stars: Brendan Brisson
- BPA

#31 San Jose Sharks: Marat Khusnutdinov
- BPA

At the last draft i think i had 4 out of 31 :laugh: , so im definitely looking to improve that abysmal record.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
TierPlayerRank
1Alexis Lafrenière1
1Quinton Byfield2
2Marco Rossi3
2Lucas Raymond4
2Tim Stützle5
3Cole Perfetti6
3Jamie Drysdale7
3Alexander Holtz8
3Yaroslav Askarov9
3Anton Lundell10
3Rodion Amirov11
4Marat Khusnutdinov12
4Seth Jarvis13
4Jake Sanderson14
4Mavrik Bourque15
4Dawson Mercer16
4Dylan Holloway17
4Noel Gunler18
5Lukas Reichel19
5William Wallinder20
5Jacob Perreault21
5Jack Quinn22
5John-Jason Peterka23
5Daniil Gushchin24
5Ozzy Wiesblatt25
5Connor Zary26
5Jan Mysak27
5Hendrix Lapierre28
6Helge Grans29
6Roni Hirvonen30
6Brendan Brisson31
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
TierPlayerRank
1Alexis Lafrenière1
1Quinton Byfield2
2Marco Rossi3
2Lucas Raymond4
2Tim Stützle5
3Cole Perfetti6
3Jamie Drysdale7
3Alexander Holtz8
3Yaroslav Askarov9
3Anton Lundell10
3Rodion Amirov11
4Marat Khusnutdinov12
4Seth Jarvis13
4Jake Sanderson14
4Mavrik Bourque15
4Dawson Mercer16
4Dylan Holloway17
4Noel Gunler18
5Lukas Reichel19
5William Wallinder20
5Jacob Perreault21
5Jack Quinn22
5John-Jason Peterka23
5Daniil Gushchin24
5Ozzy Wiesblatt25
5Connor Zary26
5Jan Mysak27
5Hendrix Lapierre28
6Helge Grans29
6Roni Hirvonen30
6Brendan Brisson31
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I'd switch Perfetti with Drysdale. Hope Hirvonen at second round

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

- no brainer

1/2

Let's marvel that somehow the Senators botched handling of the Karlsson situation could somehow pay off.
Imagine getting Stuetzle and Sanderson in the same draft.

Too bad the Senators won't have a way to keep all these guys.

Vector Cereal

Jan 30, 2020
1. Lafreniere
/////
2. Byfield
/////
3. Stutzle
4. Raymond (+1)
5. Perfetti (-1)
6. Askarov(+2)
/////
7. Drysdale (-1)
8. Lundell (+1)
9. Holtz (-2)
/////
10. Jarvis
11. Amirov(+3)
12. Zary (-1)
13. Sanderson (-1)
14. Quinn (+2)
/////
15. Rossi (-3)
16. Schneider(-1)
17. Bourque
18. Gunler
19. Holloway
20. Perreault (+2)
21. Brisson
22. Lapierre (+4)
/////
23. Guhle
24. Khusnutdinov
25. Peterka
26. Barron (-6)
27. Mercer
28. Poirier
29. Mysak
30. Greig
31. Reichel
/////
32. Grans
33. Wiesblatt
34. Niemela
35. Neighbours
36. Ponomarev
37. Colangelo
38. Wallinder
39. Bordeleau
40. Cormier
41. Jurmo
42. Foerster
43. Hirvonen
/////
44. Hunt
45. Foudy
46. Savoie
47. Sebrango
48. Smilanic
49. Groshev
50. Chromiak

Final update from earlier this summer (changes are in brackets).
Used ///// to indicate tiers. Probably should have only gone to 43, since I'm less familiar with the players beyond that and the last tier extends well beyond 50, but 50 is a nice number.

Reactions: MBH

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing

- no brainer

1/2

2/2

#16 Montreal Canadiens: Connor Zary
-BPA pick, Habs were very weak in the middle for a long time. But slowly its getting better.

#17 Chicago Blackhawks: Jan Mysak
-Because of Kubalik, Stan Bowman has now fallen in love with players from Czech Republic. They pick Mysak to get some center depth behind Dach.

#18 New Jersey Devils: Noel Gunler
- With the first pick they took a linemate for Hughes and they pick a linemate for Hischier.

#19 Calgary Flames: Kaiden Guhle
- Battle of Alberta is heating up and their division rivals are starting to have pretty dangerous offensive corps. So Flames picks a physical shut-down defenseman.

#20 New Jersey Devils: William Wallinder
- How swede it is! Devils complete their hatrick in 1st round, and finally picks a defenseman.

#21 Columbus Blue Jackets: Mavrik Bourque
- smart, fast, all around player. Exactly type what Kekäläinen loves to have in his team.

#22 New York Rangers: Rodion Amirov
- Rangers love Russians, and Russians love New York.

#23 Philadelphia Flyers: Dawson Mercer
- BPA

#24 Colorado Avalanche: Hendrix Lapierre
- Avs are set in every department, they can afford risk by picking Lapierre.

#25 Washington Capitals: Jacob Perreault
- Caps cup window is still open for a few years, and if Perreault can graduate in time he can help them by bringing very cheap secondary scoring in to the team. But if he doesn't graduate in time, then he will be one of the first new core players.

#26 St Louis Blues: Helge Grans
- big, mobile defenseman, exactly type what the Blues likes to have in their system.

#27 Anaheim Ducks: John-Jason Peterka
- Ducks picks scoring depth, they could also pick Reichel instead. But Peterka is slighty flashier so might go first.

#28 Ottawa Senators: Lukas Reichel
- see abow

#29 Vegas Golden Knights: Tyson Foerster
- BPA

#30 Dallas Stars: Brendan Brisson
- BPA

#31 San Jose Sharks: Marat Khusnutdinov
- BPA

At the last draft i think i had 4 out of 31 :laugh: , so im definitely looking to improve that abysmal record.

7 /31, little improvement.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
So, it's hard for me to want to make a full list, because I havent watched all of these guys. But my list is basically my preference of who I want to see drafted with their #4 and their #32, so I skipped some guys who will be drafted in the mid first but this list is the order in which I prefer the players.
1. Laf
2. Stutzle
3. Byfield
4. Perfetti
5. Raymond
6. Rossi
7. Drysdale
8. Askarov
9. Sanderson
10. Holtz
---------
11. Gunler
12. Reichel
13. Mysak
14. Peterka
15. Lapierre
16. Barron
17. Khusnutdinov
18. Bourque
19. Kuznetsov
20. Weisblatt

Basically, the first 10 are ranked in the order that I would prefer for the #4. And the second 10 are ranked in the order that I would prefer for #32. Obviously, not all would be there at #32 but those are the guys that I would like around that spot.
Aw yeah, looking good for my preferences at 32!

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
So far Anton Lundell looks superior from this draft. Against Tampa scored 1+1 and faced some of the best guys. Plays 1st PK. Against Colorado, played mostly against McKinnon, scored 1+1. 56% at faceoffs etc.

That's just phenomenal start and with eye-test he looks like a 500 game NHL veteran.

Legit Center at #11 overall.

My god drafting is hard. So many organizations missed this guy.

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
So far Anton Lundell looks superior from this draft. Against Tampa scored 1+1 and faced some of the best guys. Plays 1st PK. Against Colorado, played mostly against McKinnon, scored 1+1. 56% at faceoffs etc.

That's just phenomenal start and with eye-test he looks like a 500 game NHL veteran.

Yeah, I said it last season, Lundell will wind up being the player we wish we had picked.

Razor's been better than I expected, but this team needs a center more than a winger.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

We can draft his brother (Kasper) this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad