Perry joins Canada's top line vs. Swiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefizzle

Dec 5, 2004
this will be a treat to watch... kinda hope collition isn't that hurt though.. kinda liked the way he made room for crosby and bergeron. i am glad that this will give perry some more playing time though as he was dangerous everytime he was on the ice last game. Hopefully with perry their , they won't have to worry about making room for players because they will be so dominate in the other teams end.

espo*

It'll be interesting to see how they do together.I said in the Canada-Finland game thread that i think sutter should give them some regular shifts together because it looked like they had some instant chemistry going on ,looks like he decided the same thing and wants to see what they can make happen.Good move...now is the time to try this stuff out.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
littleD said:
Do any of them play any defense? ;)

First of all, Crosby's defensive play is hugely underappreciated.

Secondly, with that much offensive fire power, you don't need to play defence. It's hard to defend anything when you have control of the puck.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
King Henry I said:
Where does this leave Colliton?

In the pressbox watching with an injury. When he is healthy enuff to play, if it were a meaningfull game he would be IMO, he will be right back along side the two, unless of course these 3 dominate too much to break up.

Gargantua

Nov 7, 2004
Matt MacInnis said:

Secondly, with that much offensive fire power, you don't need to play defence. It's hard to defend anything when you have control of the puck.

At last someone is making sense ! :handclap:

espo*

Matt MacInnis said:

For sure,he knows what to do...he's improving there all the time.

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
trahans99 said:
Watch the HIGHLIGHT of THE NIGHT on TSN.... i'm betting this line is on it :)

Maybe some flashbacks to last week w/ Perry :eek: :bow:
is their any way to watch or listen to the game online?

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
Yeah, they will not have control of the puck sometimes, but when the majority of that time is when the goalie is fishing the puck out of the net, who cares.

I find it quite funny how people drool over Brent Sutter and completely ignore who the coach is in London. A guy some of you might know who goes by the name Dale....Dale Hunter. The same Dale Hunter who had the guts to bench Rob Schremp during the critical playoff series against Guelph last year because he didn't play defense. I am not going to say that Perry is a defensive stud, but the guy isn't allowed to completely float in London, and he won't float at the WHC.

Perry is great at controlling the puck and making solid, and highly creative, passes. That is going to fit well on the line as all three players are top level offensive talents.

Never underestimate the effect of having weapons on the ice and how a team plays based on that. Teams are less likely to be agressive offensively with that line on the ice because one bad pass and you are watching an odd man rush that 85% of the time will result in a goal.

Get ready to sit back and enjoy something special. If this line clicks and stays together there is a very real chance you see these guys 1-2-3 in the scoring charts at the end of the tournament.

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
trahans99 said:
the game is on tsn at 8:30. i'm not sure about radio

theres a sidney crosby special on tonight to i think?? anyone confirm?
Do you mean Tsn the station or tsn.ca/ i dont get tsn down here in Fla.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Matt MacInnis said:

Oh, I just love that attitude! It means that I'll laugh even more! I can allready see you whining: ''But we were the favorites, we had the best team on paper...''
I just wonder who's fault is it going to be?! Damn European officials or international rules? Stupid fan in the last row who ate popcorns so loud that he confused Crosby who was just about to score the game tying goal with 0.01 seconds to go? GO CANADA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad