Recalled/Assigned: Percy and Leispic recalled

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
I'm surprised by the number of people here who think Percy will be/should be moved.

I've always liked him and he's a homegrown player that's been developed properly. I see him as a stable top-4 d in the future and would be upset to see him moved right now.

if the leafs dont' feel he will make the team next year, then it makes sense for them to move them, for a younger prospect and set the waiver sliding window back a few years on the asset.

Tigerarmy

Aug 1, 2011
Percy's days are numbered - I am a bit disappointed as he hasn't progressed

He's also been injured a lot the last couple seasons. They have to see what he can do at the nhl level to make a decision on him for next year

Tigerarmy

Aug 1, 2011
if the leafs dont' feel he will make the team next year, then it makes sense for them to move them, for a younger prospect and set the waiver sliding window back a few years on the asset.

I agree with this assessment :)

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
I think the best Percy has looked in the last two seasons was when he was up playing with the Leafs. Hopefully this rekindles the fire & he's able to shine. I also hope he realizes this could be his one big opportunity to show the management what he has & he takes the opportunity playing 100% every shift.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
By age, our defense is now:

Hunwick (injured)
Gardiner
Cowen (injured)
Marincin
Loov
Corrado
Percy
Rielly

Going into our next game, Jake Gardiner is our oldest defenceman at 25 years old.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Finally Percy!! It's time to prove all the haters wrong. He's gonna be a legit top 4.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
I agree, with most of you... This is an important time for Percy to step up his game, because he will either be traded (which I would prefer not) or get a "stickie"... :laugh:

Sweet Defenceman: Stuart Percy Montage - TML

Happy to see Leipsic back up again, too..

Leipsic Locked & Loaded: Brendan Leipsic 2014-15 Highlights - TML

Looks like we will be having even more, with this recent trade today (Polak & Spaling now gone)

No way that Torres sticks with this team... Nice to get more picks, though..! :)

Darkside Blue

There/They're/Their
Feb 17, 2014
I really liked Percy his first go-around with the Leafs. Absolutlely ice-blooded with the puck, and he had that little head fake to clear space for himself. Franson started doing it after a while, seeing how effective it could be.

The problem, I felt, after a while was teams were running him every chance they could, and he got the yips, started to fight the puck. And of course, team marshmellow wouldn't stand up for him, so he was really on his own. The team this year seems to have a little more jam, and to stick up for each other more, so with any luck StuPer's tour with the Leafs will be longer and more successful.

TheRexman

Just have fun
Jul 5, 2015
Quebec City
I'm happy that Lou acknowledged the importance of keeping the Marlies competitive when these call ups are required. Helps explain why some players haven't made their debut yet.

"But we could have called other players up also and been very comfortable. When the time is right you'll see other people here."

So excited for this franchise.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
goodnewseveryone.png

This will never get old...never.

love it and glad to see, I like percy lets see how he does round 2.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Is Loov still on emergency recall?

This is what I'm wondering. Percy is a call up so I assume when Hunwick is back, Loov gets sent back.

Also, on the cap friendly site, it states that Greening is an emergency call up. I'm not sure what that means. If Bozak comes back, does he go down? I might be reading into it too much but it's kind of confusing.

Anyways, I'm very happy see Percy up with the big club and I really hope he gets some minutes and a chance to prove himself. 2nd PP unit would be a bonus too.

Leipsic will also make the Leaf games more exciting. Put him with Kadri!

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Haha, now Lou calls up Percy to tease Burke into parting with gifts..... Babcock and Lou, what a pair.

I would be afraid to hear Babcock tell the public how well I am playing. He must have some Irish in him somewhere.

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
only a matter of time for Percy to be back. He is too good and too steady to not be in the nhl.

tooncesmeow

May 3, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Surprised Leipsic has the in on Brown.

Brown was injured for the majority of this year and Leipsic has been nothing short of outstanding for the Marlies with 37 points in 49 games, 5th on the team in scoring next to Brennan, Arcobello (on Leafs), Nylander, Leivo (on Leafs), and Leipsic (now on Leafs). Brown had an amazing year but he's had his struggles and has to wait now.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Brown was injured for the majority of this year and Leipsic has been nothing short of outstanding for the Marlies with 37 points in 49 games, 5th on the team in scoring next to Brennan, Arcobello (on Leafs), Nylander, Leivo (on Leafs), and Leipsic (now on Leafs). Brown had an amazing year but he's had his struggles and has to wait now.

Yeah, the injury kind of hurt Brown's development.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brown, Nylander, Kapanen and Valiev stay with the Marlies for the remainder of the season.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
This is what I'm wondering. Percy is a call up so I assume when Hunwick is back, Loov gets sent back.

Also, on the cap friendly site, it states that Greening is an emergency call up. I'm not sure what that means. If Bozak comes back, does he go down? I might be reading into it too much but it's kind of confusing.

Anyways, I'm very happy see Percy up with the big club and I really hope he gets some minutes and a chance to prove himself. 2nd PP unit would be a bonus too.

Leipsic will also make the Leaf games more exciting. Put him with Kadri!

Lou Lam working the system :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad