Recalled/Assigned: Percy and Leispic recalled

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
I believe this will be make it break it for him. Possibly this could be a showase to trade him?

Agreed. They probably want to get a look at him first hand to see how he has progressed. Hope he turns out, but wouldn't be surprised either if he is included in a trade as part of a bigger deal.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Good.

Percy should be up the rest of the year. Let's see what he can do.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
I'm surprised by the number of people here who think Percy will be/should be moved.

I've always liked him and he's a homegrown player that's been developed properly. I see him as a stable top-4 d in the future and would be upset to see him moved right now.

He has to pass through waivers next year, so if he doesn't make the team out of camp next fall we could lose him for nothing. Small sample size, but he didn't look particular quick or mobile on the weekend. He does pass the puck well and makes good decisions with it, but I'm not sure he can handle the defensive side of things well when playing against fast wingers. I also don't see much in terms of tenacity and toughness. From reading posts on here, I don't think anyone particularly dislikes him or wants to give up on him, but he is definitely in danger of being by passed on the depth charts by other players.

Mat Fratthouse

Jan 30, 2013
Hogtown
I would like to see nikita soshnikov called up when PA is traded. Sosh is a high octane player makes great plays at such a high speed. really deceptive shot too. I imagine they will bring up someone with a bit more size since Leipsic is pretty tiny and I doubt they want to take so much talent away from the marlies after having such a great season so far.

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
Grabner - Kadri - Leivo
Leipsic - Holland - Winnik
Greening - Arcobello - Parenteau
Clune - Froese - Boyes

Rielly - Corrado
Gardiner - Marincin
Pecry - Loov

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Grabner - Kadri - Leivo
Clune - Froese - Boyes

Rielly - Corrado
Gardiner - Marincin
Pecry - Loov

Wow the leafs have more AHL players then NHL players on their roster. LOU had better be BUSY on july 1st

Lifeisnice

Apr 23, 2014
Canada
Grabner - Kadri - Leivo
Clune - Froese - Boyes

Rielly - Corrado
Gardiner - Marincin
Pecry - Loov

Wow that's bad. It's hard to watch these days. Thank the stars for trades

Tigerarmy

Aug 1, 2011
I'm happy for them, but it sucks for the Marlies. As if we needed our Marlies defence to get any weaker. :cry:

It gives some Solar Bears a chance. This is where they see what defiencies they have in their organization. The Marlies pretty much have a guaranteed playoff spot. These guys will be returned for the ahl playoffs

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Good.

Percy should be up the rest of the year. Let's see what he can do.

Agreed.

Was at the Marlies game on Saturday, Leipsic was the best player on the ice for either team. He's a no brainer.

Percy looked excellent in his own end, smooth puck retrieval, simple breakout passes. He wasn't impressive on the offensive end at all, actually had a couple of errors on the power play.

But, he looked great while he was up here last year, and is probably the one guy mgmt needs a good read on going into next year. If he can play the same game he is with the Marlies he's a fine 5-6 guy, would probably take him over Corrado or Marincin today.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
The Marlies are coming.

You'd have to imagine Leivo replaces PAP(once healthy).

Nylander if Arcobello?

Hyman if Grabner?

I believe that Leivo has a concussion. I know that they aren't going to say anything and he's being listed as a lower body injury. But he took a huge hit into the boards during that Oilers game.

Not sure that Arcobello moves, but could see guys getting rewarded that have been with the Marlies for a while.

Tigerarmy

Aug 1, 2011
Wow the leafs have more AHL players then NHL players on their roster. LOU had better be BUSY on july 1st

They will probably go after the same type of players as last summer. Guys like Helm or Weise if the money isn't too high. Buy low and sell high and they've done a good job of that! Vets to surround the young kids with so we don't have the same problem as the Oilers have rushing the kids with not enough support

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
One of the concerns maybe that we are throwing young defenceman into the deep end. Gardiner has looked great recently and has been our best defenceman, IMO. Reilly on the other hand, has had some rough moments recently and I'm a bit worried we may not be sheltering him enough. We have Zaitsev coming in next year, but may have to look at bringing in a UFA blueliner this summer to maybe help add some depth to the D.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I would like to see nikita soshnikov called up when PA is traded. Sosh is a high octane player makes great plays at such a high speed. really deceptive shot too. I imagine they will bring up someone with a bit more size since Leipsic is pretty tiny and I doubt they want to take so much talent away from the marlies after having such a great season so far.
When I see the Marlies live he certainly stands out as a player who looks like he's gonna be too good for the AHL pretty soon. I'd let him finish it out with them. I think he'll make the Leafs next season though.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Leipsic was an obvious choice, but also glad to see Percy finally get another chance :handclap:

The kids are coming up ... Some excitement for the end run of the season

Percy's days are numbered - I am a bit disappointed as he hasn't progressed

Tigerarmy

Aug 1, 2011
I believe that Leivo has a concussion. I know that they aren't going to say anything and he's being listed as a lower body injury. But he took a huge hit into the boards during that Oilers game.

Not sure that Arcobello moves, but could see guys getting rewarded that have been with the Marlies for a while.

Leivo was in pre game rushes last game so he's ready to go I'd say

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

Sosh or hyman will make me happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad