Recalled/Assigned: Percy and Leispic recalled

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Leipsic has been turning a lot of heads this year. He's been great for the Marlies, especially in the last week or so. Well deserved call up.

Percy has played fairly well as well. His game is always very steady though, so there's no surprise there. Hopefully this is his time to really become a Leafs full time. I still think he'll be traded at some point in 2016 though.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Leipsic was an obvious choice, but also glad to see Percy finally get another chance :handclap:

The kids are coming up ... Some excitement for the end run of the season

Number13

May 21, 2007
Last call for Percy! Make or break time for him. Excited to see Leipsic again too.

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
goodnewseveryone.png

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
Havent had a chance to see many Marlies games this year, so was nice to see a couple of games on the weekend. Have to say, I was a bit disappointed in Percy. Always been a fan of his, so was expecting a bit more than I saw.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Yes! I hope Percy impresses and stays up (he will of course join the Marlies for their Calder run). He has become very underrated but he impressed me a lot last time he was up. Calm and collected.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
I think this is make or break for Percy tbh. Will be interesting to see how he does.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Havent had a chance to see many Marlies games this year, so was nice to see a couple of games on the weekend. Have to say, I was a bit disappointed in Percy. Always been a fan of his, so was expecting a bit more than I saw.

I believe this will be make it break it for him. Possibly this could be a showase to trade him?

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
Percy makes alot of sense. if i remember he'll have to pass through waivers next year.

I would imagine most of the leafs that have to pass through waivers will get a good long look over the next few months.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I swear I am living in a dream world where all of my unaffiliated hopes are being turned into realities. It's as though the Leafs are reading my mind and acting on it.

I should be working for this outfit! (More dreaming)

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
Percy looked better suited to the NHL speed and systems, it'll be interesting to see if he keeps it up. Hoping he gets a few shifts with Rielly, I feel like they'd be a good fit at least for a while.

ChickenMcNugget

Jun 20, 2014
Ontario, CA
I think it may be that they're bring up Percy for trade purposes. I like the guy a lot but we have so many similar D-men in the system already (Dermott, Valiev, Nielson) that have a higher ceiling. I won't be too surprised to see that happen.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Percy looked better suited to the NHL speed and systems, it'll be interesting to see if he keeps it up. Hoping he gets a few shifts with Rielly, I feel like they'd be a good fit at least for a while.

Mentally you are correct. In the limited viewings I have noticed that he is more effective moving the puck in the NHL. Players in the N are more likely to be where they should be.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok

Agreed on both points. I remember him playing with a type of game that translates better in the show and being paired with Rielly should help, as I think Percy has a better pass than Hunwick which might spring Rielly on a few occasions.

jboknows

Feb 9, 2010
I'm surprised by the number of people here who think Percy will be/should be moved.

I've always liked him and he's a homegrown player that's been developed properly. I see him as a stable top-4 d in the future and would be upset to see him moved right now.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
The Marlies are coming.

You'd have to imagine Leivo replaces PAP(once healthy).

Nylander if Arcobello?

Hyman if Grabner?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad