Per JD Igor and Buch injured in car accident

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Avenue Z and Ocean Avenue are supposedly where the two of them were. My father works with someone at Con Edison who grew up down there in the area in Brooklyn and said that's Little Russia, the area where the Russian mob is usually hanging around, he says. He's already talking about how they should trade these two (the friend) because if they're hanging around down there, then according to him, that spells trouble. Bathhouses down there and stuff, too. Massages and a bit extra, etc. Me, personally, I can't see either getting into off the ice trouble of anything significant, but what do I know. I would also think if Shesterkin was trouble and his head was elsewhere, he wouldn't have been 9-1 with a .940sv&.

EDIT: I see a lot of you have mentioned where the accident took place. Little late to the party here.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
to get to practice ? CT doesn't have the best mass transit surrounding hartford and he was living there for a while
Fair enough but then why not Buchnevich?

Just found it odd a newcomer to the country is allowed to drive in some of the most densely populated areas in a foreign Country

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Serious question

Why is Igor driving in a country he is unfamiliar with and one of its worst cities to drive in?...

Unless hes been around NYC before?

Definitely a poor judgment call. Honestly these guys are as confident as someone can be they probably didn't think much about it

Avenue Z and Ocean Avenue are supposedly where the two of them were. My father works with someone at Con Edison who grew up down there in the area in Brooklyn and said that's Little Russia, the area where the Russian mob is usually hanging around, he says. He's already talking about how they should trade these two (the friend) because if they're hanging around down there, then according to him, that spells trouble. Bathhouses down there and stuff, too. Massages and a bit extra, etc. Me, personally, I can't see either getting into off the ice trouble of anything significant, but what do I know. I would also think if Shesterkin was trouble and his head was elsewhere, he wouldn't have been 9-1 with a .940sv&.

EDIT: I see a lot of you have mentioned where the accident took place. Little late to the party here.

He can be hanging wherever he wants if he keeps playing the way he's been playing. I mean ideally no but he seems to know what he's doing (on the ice at least).

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Definitely a poor judgment call. Honestly these guys are as confident as someone can be they probably didn't think much about it

He can be hanging wherever he wants if he keeps playing the way he's been playing. I mean ideally no but he seems to know what he's doing (on the ice at least).
Agreed. As long as he stays safe, out of trouble and keeps winning, all is great for me.

Reactions: shello

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want

Just found it odd a newcomer to the country is allowed to drive in some of the most densely populated areas in a foreign Country

Probably he's an adult and wanted to drive. They both likely live in the city, and will both likely live in the city for several years. Doesn't matter how long they are here for, there is going to be a first, second, third time that they are driving in city traffic. Also try and write into a contract, limiting how a player chooses to get around and see if that will be agreed upon by agent/player/union.

I get people wanting to minimize the risks but let's not get ridiculous. On another note, they were both wearing seatbelts and their airbags deployed. The very thing that kept their injuries from being much worse is the reason why Shesh has a cracked rib. Hell, if they were being driven around and were in the back and got into an accident, it might've been worse as too many back seat passengers don't wear their seatbelts.

Reactions: will1066

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
i would hope that dolan would have car service for all his sports teams considering the amount of nonsense it could avoid

Reactions: nyr2k2

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.

I'm honestly not sure about Russia but written and road tests in Europe are astronomically harder than they are anywhere in the US. It's SO much harder to get a driver's license in Europe.

Reactions: Siddi and hn777

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
of course they got into an accident right near my f***ing neighborhood.

people drive like assholes down here. glad they know about Brighton Beach, at least, but f*** the people who drive down here.

@will1066 where were you, bro, you're right by Ocean Ave lol

Reactions: egelband

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015

That's a load of shit.

I grew up ten blocks away from there and it's a residential middle class neighborhood. Yes, it's now heavily Russian but ordinary residential. They have Russian restaurants there and that's why the players go. Zubov brought the Cup there in 1994. The Russian mob is more in Brighton Beach than Sheepshead Bay, but that's Russian residential too, just lower economically. Also, ten blocks away from that spot is Manhattan Beach with million dollar + houses. I left Sheepshead Bay because I could afford to and wasn't crazy about living in a Russian neighborhood but that's because Russians are very clickish and have no use for you if you're not one of them. Nothing to do with anything seedy or the Russian mob.

Last edited:

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
That's a load of shit.

I grew up ten blocks away from there and it's a residential middle class neighborhood. Yes, it's now heavily Russian but ordinary residential. They have Russian restaurants there and that's why the players go. Zubov brought the Cup there in 1994. The Russian mob is more in Brighton Beach than Sheepshead Bay, but that's Russian residential too, just lower economically. Also, ten blacks way from that spot is Manhattan Beach with million dollar + houses. I left Sheepshead Bay because I could afford to and wasn't crazy about living in a Russian neighborhood but that's because Russians are very clickish and have no use for you if you're not one of them.Nothing to do with anything seedy or the Russian mob.

can confirm bolded, i work right by the Warbasse buildings

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area

I mean I don’t know about Buch but Shesty has a beauty GF, doubt he needs any extra attention

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Igor Blackburn.

thatsthejoke.jpg

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
of course they got into an accident right near my f*cking neighborhood.

people drive like assholes down here. glad they know about Brighton Beach, at least, but f*ck the people who drive down here.

@will1066 where were you, bro, you're right by Ocean Ave lol

lol I identify with Gravesend instead of Brighton Beach lol

But yeah, the driving stinks. Lots of people flaunting their boys toys, lots of general idiots whom you wonder where and how they got their licenses, pedestrians who don't give a f**ck about traffic lights.

So, Ocean Ave and Ave Z, I grew up near there. There's nothing seedy there, it's residential as pointed out. Old apartment buildings mixed with new private condo developments. You got corner stores, medical practices, and a couple of restaurants. But, Ocean Ave. is a wide, two-lane, two-way strip with left-turn lanes and big intersections, so not surprised someone decided to make a sudden U-turn. Generally speaking, the traffic lights there suck too. Sudden and quick yellows. People don't slow down but speed up trying to beat those lights. You got pedestrians taking chances crossing as well.

Just a general clusterf**ck traffic-wise.

Last edited:

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
lol I identify with Gravesend instead of Brighton Beach lol

But yeah, the driving stinks. Lots of people flaunting their boys toys, lots of general idiots whom you wonder where and how they got their licenses, pedestrians who don't give a f**ck about traffic lights.

my fellow Gravesender. heck yeah.

seriously tho, thanks for agreeing that people down here are dumb when it comes to the road. they should just take the B or Q down here next time, if it's that serious.

Reactions: will1066

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC

This is such a load of BS. They were probably going to a Russian deli/food store. Two single guys wanting a home cooked meal or something. Horrible area to drive though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad