Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I rather have Boyes than another Joe Basaraba

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
Unsurprisingly, most of these posts are ridiculous. He's done really well here, he's the SO king, he has a two way game, and probably most important he has great chemistry with Barkov. I'm thrilled he's being brought back, and I don't think he's going to be overpaid either.

We need to keep the guys that are doing well and meshing with the youth, don't get why you guys can't see this. Move who isn't working. Picks and prospects aren't guarantees, not as close as Boyes is.

Well said.... people keep *****ing about the Panthers always shipping off decent players for prospects and about the seemingly endless rebuilt... yet when we decide to keep the players that have outperformed their contracts... they still *****... some people are just never happy.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 3h

Panthers are shipping Weaver. #flapanthers

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 59m

@hfialkov crap. Shopping Weaver not shipping yet! #flapanthers

:facepalm:

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I expect nothing less from our armchair GMs.... good signing for the Panthers.

How can we call it a good signing when we don't even know the terms yet? That remains to be seen. If Brad Boyes is figured in as a 2nd line player next season, fine, the signing may be fairly good, but if he is expected to be a catalyst on offense from the 1st line... Here we go again. That's what the concern is amongst people that aren't jumping for joy over this.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
You guys are a miserable lot. You can't judge the current GM and owners on past experiences. 500 vCash that Boyes is signed for $3m/year or less.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Again I'm not mad as long as DT doesn't view him as #1 RW next year, which I'm scared he might be doing. I don't think anyone's mad that he was resigned (without seeing the $ details.)

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
I think Boyes deserves it and its a good move. He out performed his contract and he is quite the valuable because he can score 15-20 goals if he plays with someone who can get him the puck in his happy zone and he's good for maybe 5 wins alone a year in the shootouts. I think his value is pretty high and im happy he's resigned but just like some of you others I hope he is not being touted as the scoring winger we needed to pick up this free agency and sell us on resigning some of our other stiffs, depend on the kids coming back bigger and stronger and we get screwed here like we have so many times before. I'm interested to know how much Boyes signed for. I hope it was a good deal for the team.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
If it's for $3M per season, I'm completely fine with it. While Boyes shouldn't be more than a 2nd line player in our future, he's outperformed our expectations this season and seems to fit well here. The main factor I see is that he wants to stay here and be a part of the team's future. I can't see many guys wanting to re-sign after two disaster seasons, so it's good to see.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
If it's for $3M per season, I'm completely fine with it. While Boyes shouldn't be more than a 2nd line player in our future, he's outperformed our expectations this season and seems to fit well here. The main factor I see is that he wants to stay here and be a part of the team's future. I can't see many guys wanting to re-sign after two disaster seasons, so it's good to see.

3-3.5 is a good deal for me in my book. 5 mill and I would throw up all over myself.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
How can we call it a good signing when we don't even know the terms yet? That remains to be seen. If Brad Boyes is figured in as a 2nd line player next season, fine, the signing may be fairly good, but if he is expected to be a catalyst on offense from the 1st line... Here we go again. That's what the concern is amongst people that aren't jumping for joy over this.

This.. all people here moaning that people are not happy if he's signed they should read this and understand why some people might not seem happy with the signing

homegrizown

Feb 4, 2008
pembroke pines fl
the thing is he will probably be playing first line next year because of his chemistry with barkov. this is where you hope DT spends to add another scoring winger next year and somehow can trade kopecky/flash.

we will be picking top 5 i'm not sure if any are ready to play in the nhl next year.

i'm sure the signing won't be outrageous, and someone said he's a playoff teams 3rd liner. well hopefully this team actually spends the money and gets some decent players to go along with bjugstad and barkov. and hopefully huberdeau bulks up and gets back to his rookie year type of season.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Good player who has surprised. I always liked him during his time with the Blues. I think we could have gotten something decent for him but I'm fine with resigning him condiering how thin we are at Raw, his shootout ability, his never say die attitude, his forecheck, etc. I think his goal total is a product of his ice time this year but with better talent around him he can be a 20-30 goal guy. Skills are there.

All in all, I like seeing him back.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 3h

Panthers are shipping Weaver. #flapanthers

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 59m

@hfialkov crap. Shopping Weaver not shipping yet! #flapanthers

:facepalm:

He's a drunk. Happens. No idea how he has a job which is why I'm not believing this until it is official by another source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad