Rumor: per Harvey: Panthers resign Brad Boyes to multi year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Panthers source confirms team is on verge of re-signing Brad Boyes to multiple-year deal. #FlaPanthers

Ok I smell overpayment for a guy racking up points on a bad team, please don't be more than 3 million per.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
2@3 mill or 3 @ 2.5.

BTW when was the last time we extended someone in the season :laugh:

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
The **** is this.

This is not the news I wanted to return from the pube.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I'm kinda disappointed just because I think we could have gotten something pretty decent for him at the trading deadline. Too bad we couldn't have traded him, then have him sign with us in the off-season. Oh well.

But now that it appears that he'll be with us for a while, I'm cool with it. I love how he battles for pucks and obviously his shootout game.

-ghoste

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
He's been really effective. Most surprisingly, he found a defensive game. I like that we're bringing him back. If we're ever going to make the playoffs we'll need to do well in the shootout and he's about as good as it gets.

Sykwitit

Mar 2, 2013
God, why do i have the feeling Tallon just loaded this guy's pockets big time =(

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
6 years / 5M$ per year

I hope it's just 2 max. 3 would be mistake unless it's around 2M$. I just hope Boyes isnt supposed to be our big UFA signing and will be sold to us as #1 rw

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
We need offense and people are complaining we resigned Boyes? LOL. For anybody thinking we could put the money to better use its completely unrealistic that Vanek/Moulson/Gaborik will sign with US...... THE FLORIDA PANTHERS.

I mean come on what's the persuasion to get a big name.........? Come play for Florida! We have Scottie Upshall leading the team in points lmao

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I've been a critic of his on this forum, just not a huge fan, fairly one-dimensional guy so he needs to be scoring fairly often to be of use. That being said I can live with it or not "upset," as I appreciate his offense and seems like a great team guy, just wish we could get a better scoring RWer or a more two-way guy, but maybe that will come during the draft sometime.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Unsurprisingly, most of these posts are ridiculous. He's done really well here, he's the SO king, he has a two way game, and probably most important he has great chemistry with Barkov. I'm thrilled he's being brought back, and I don't think he's going to be overpaid either.

We need to keep the guys that are doing well and meshing with the youth, don't get why you guys can't see this. Move who isn't working. Picks and prospects aren't guarantees, not as close as Boyes is.

Of course, it is Harvey, so we'll have to wait and see.

Ekblast

"We're still learning." -Coach Brunette.
Nov 9, 2002
Flori-duh
www.Reddit.com
I'm kinda disappointed just because I think we could have gotten something pretty decent for him at the trading deadline. Too bad we couldn't have traded him, then have him sign with us in the off-season. Oh well.

But now that it appears that he'll be with us for a while, I'm cool with it. I love how he battles for pucks and obviously his shootout game.

-ghoste

Has there ever been a player to do that?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
We need offense and people are complaining we resigned Boyes? LOL. For anybody thinking we could put the money to better use its completely unrealistic that Vanek/Moulson/Gaborik will sign with US...... THE FLORIDA PANTHERS.

I mean come on what's the persuasion to get a big name.........? Come play for Florida! We have Scottie Upshall leading the team in points lmao

Not complaining because signing Boyes. If you had been around here long enough you'd see thru the smoke screen. Here's how it goes

- Team tells us fans there gonna be spending money
- Team resigns it's own UFA's
- Team signs couple 4th liners in UFA period
- Team tells fans there happy with the team they got. Guys will be better than last season, injuries where the main reason we sucked and youngsters will be one year older and BETTER

Rinse and repeat

Just like when Bure was traded and we were told the money Bure contract opened up would be spent of free agents. Well.. It was on signing our own RFA's

In the end the we'll be spending more money could just once again be that we'll be signing our own UFA's and we'll be heading into next season with the same team. I dont see us signing a big name UFA but you can always acquire a solid player making big $$$. We should have the freaking assests to do it!

I'm happy if we sign him for fair price. I just don't want us to go into next season with him as our #1 rw. It'll be another season we just might as well forget then

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Unsurprisingly, most of these posts are ridiculous. He's done really well here, he's the SO king, he has a two way game, and probably most important he has great chemistry with Barkov. I'm thrilled he's being brought back, and I don't think he's going to be overpaid either.

We need to keep the guys that are doing well and meshing with the youth, don't get why you guys can't see this. Move who isn't working. Picks and prospects aren't guarantees, not as close as Boyes is.

Of course, it is Harvey, so we'll have to wait and see.

I think most of us here are worrying that DT views Boyes as a #1 RW and won't sign one in the off season, when it's arguably the team's most glaring need.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I can't understand people being pissed about this.

Boyes has turned his game around here and clearly likes being here. We were the only team willing to give him a shot and he responded well. Boyes is a fine 2nd line RW and his shootout ability is unmatched in this league.

johano90

Nov 27, 2006
South Florida
Yup. Can score, strong on the forecheck, great at shootouts , not a liability with the puck. Yet people are complaining?!?

Honestly, what else could you want from a player? He has come in, proven himself, and deserves to be rewarded. The whole, oh, let's ship him and get some draft picks/prospects mentality is just bonkers. You'd wait ~5 years for a player to MAYBE turn into Brad Boyes type performance? Why move one of the only bright spots on this season. He's still fairly young and performs well here. Lock the guy up to a 2 year, 3mm contract.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Awsome guy on a 3rd line (if we can sign 2 UFA) and great at shoot out that would mean some extra points, i rather resign him then get a 2nd round draftpick or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad