Pepsi Center renamed to Ball Arena

NeverBeNormal

Mar 27, 2007
Some good work as always HF but honestly I'm shocked and disappointed that I have to let everyone know that the Avs have FINALLY put their balls on the table.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Never thought I'd be so happy to have an arena named after a paint brand, but this is the world we live in now. Oi.

The mason jar company? I mean, they're a good product but they're kinda meant to be the thing you buy four of once and then use for decades unless you're, like, pickling peppers or something...in which case I swear I've only ever seen Ball's mason jars on store shelves so I'm not sure it's a brand that even needs advertised. Their aerospace stuff is irrelevant here...there's a reason it's PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh and not simply PPG Arena...that reason being that hockey fans are infinitely more likely to buy paint than industrial-strength glass products. I have mason jars in my cupboard (Ball's distinct logo imprinted onto their sides), but avionics isn't going to be on any shopping list for anyone here anytime soon. This is just a weird one in general, though it wouldn't feel out of place amidst the NBA's long list of utterly random naming rights of the past couple decades.

The fact Denver now has Ball Arena and Dick's Sporting Goods Park is just too good, though. At least Ball is locally based.
Ball Corp & KSE Announce Global Partnership to Advance Sustainability

Ball, a leader in cutting-edge aluminum beverage packaging, as well as climate monitoring and weather forecasting technologies through the Ball Aerospace business, has made sustainability foundational to its business, operations and products. This partnership builds on Ball's success in developing and piloting the lightweight Ball Aluminum Cup in sports and entertainment venues. The cup, a direct response to growing consumer preference for more sustainable products, debuted in 2019 at the former Pepsi Center, now Ball Arena. It is also available at the University of Colorado Boulder's Folsom Field and at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, among other major venues. KSE is a natural partner as Ball seeks to expand the cups' reach and provide an infinitely recyclable solution to sports fans, concert-goers and consumers around the globe.

Throughout the life of the partnership, Ball and KSE will develop and implement fan-facing activities in all three venues, and focus on educational and recycling infrastructure programs for the surrounding local communities to celebrate and encourage aluminum recycling - an everyday sustainable choice for consumers and a cornerstone of making a circular economy a reality.

About Ball Corporation
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ more than 18,300 people worldwide and 2019 net sales were $11.5 billion. For more information, visit www.ball.com.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
200.gif

But with pucks

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The memories:

What’s the best way to get fans fired up for an NHL home opener?

Hold up — save your breath. Because whatever you are thinking is wrong.

Instead the answer is gigantic, inflatable balls falling from the rafters to be thrown, punched and kicked amongst fans.

The Ottawa Senators must have heard that large balls were all the rage when they planned a pregame show to remember against the Chicago Blackhawks at the Canadian Tire Centre on Thursday night. While the music was blaring and the light show amazed audiences during the pregame, dozens of spherical injury hazards fell from the sky, striking victims that weren’t paying attention — or had just underestimated the projectiles’ size and weight.

Did the Senators drop the ball at their home opener?

Last edited:

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Joking aside, why did the Avs get new name? Pepsi not interested in sponsoring them anymore? Does it impact possible relocation of the team?

Avs aren't going anywhere. One of the more represented American teams. Great location in Denver. We'd see Florida, Arizona, Carolina, or a myriad of other teams move before the Avs name ever came up.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Joking aside, why did the Avs get new name? Pepsi not interested in sponsoring them anymore? Does it impact possible relocation of the team?
This means that Ball outbid Pepsi, nothing more

"The partnership was founded on a shared vision to advance sustainability in sports and entertainment by strengthening in-venue aluminum recycling, providing fans with a more environmentally friendly fan experience and showcasing aluminum beverage packaging as the most sustainable choice," said Ball Corporation in a news release.
I still believe that it was more about $$$ than what was said above

Reactions: CanadianCoyote

Cotton

May 13, 2013
This means that Ball outbid Pepsi, nothing more

I still believe that it was more about $$$ than what was said above

How much money is the question, I would have to imagine if they outbid Pepsi they paid a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad