HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
tumblr_pdr3frWtKF1w3h831o2_500.gif

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I thought climate pledge arena was bad. This is worse.

MartinSkoulYa

MAAAAAckinon
Apr 7, 2018
Toronto
I wish these dumb corporations with dumb names would realize their dumb names are dumb and stop putting those dumb names on arenas. "Ball Arena". Seriously? That is like the most unimaginative name ever.

"Hey guys, we need to name an arena. What should we call it?"

15 hours later

"Ball Arena it is..."

f*** off.

I’m from Toronto, and a Raptors fan. Due to the border closure there’s talk of the Raptors playing in Louisville at the KFC Yum! Arena.

The KFC Yum! Arena.

They couldn’t have just gone KFC Arena, it’s KFC Yum! Arena, attached to what is apparently at top of the line stadium lol

My question with these arena names is, does it actually make any difference advertising wise? I mean it must based on the money being thrown about for naming rights but I’m not sure if I was ever watching a home game and thinking damn I’d really like a Pepsi. Am I going to be craving KFC Yum! Watching basketball in the new year?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
:laugh: This is one of those corporate decisions where you just know it went through a zillion board meetings to approve, and still nobody had the balls (pun absolutely intended) to stand up in a single one of them and point out the obvious innuendo.

Reactions: missionAvs

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Dammit this severely hurts the Avs chances of winning the cup, now we can only try to win the clinching game on the road cause no way Avs will want to hoist the Cup in Ball Arena

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
I do like the aluminum cans though. Haven’t been to Peps... ahem, Ball Arena since they implemented them (this is seriously only half a joke, I legit thought ‘Pepsi Center’ when I was having this thought :laugh: )

My roommate and I also literally used to yell “ball Sakic!” out loud to each other when they Avs made a bad play, or got scored on. So there’s that.

tshack

Apr 27, 2014
When we win the cup:

"THE CUP HAS FINALLY MADE IT BACK HOME TO THE BALL.....S"

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Oh for f***'s sake.... Is this real? Ball Arena? No. I won't buy a jersey or other merchandise until this gets changed again.

Edit: The ballerina joke comforts me a bit. Still, no money from me with this silly name.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
Oh for f***'s sake.... Is this real? Ball Arena? No. I won't buy a jersey or other merchandise until this gets changed again.

I can’t tell if you’re serious? Is this really a hill you’re willing to die on? I’m genuinely curious if you’re joking or actually triggered by this.

I’m not going to forgo buying a Makar jersey due to the corporate naming of a building :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I can’t tell if you’re serious? Is this really a hill you’re willing to die on? I’m genuinely curious if you’re joking or actually triggered by this.

I’m not going to forgo buying a Makar jersey due to the corporate naming of a building :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Why is he not allowed to have a strong aversion to this without being bullied?

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Stupid name, but a sign of the times we live in.

Won’t lose sleep over it, but we somehow went from a nickname like The Can... a toilet... to straight up Balls.

Shaft Arena up next.

Reactions: missionAvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad