GDT: PENULTIMATE REGULAR SEASON GAME: Aves/Jehts, Decidedly Un-Epic GDT

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Lol of course Cogliano is probably going to be out long term.

If that guy gets hurt and doesn't return, you know it's serious. He's done, too.
So if Cogs, Malgin and Helm are out, what's our 4th line for the playoffs look like? LoC - Chunky - Meyers?...... That's really not ideal.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Cogliano probably broke something the way he went into the boards

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Cogliano probably broke something the way he went into the boards
Looked like a dislocation at first glance.
Nah I assume tomorrow we see Eller between Newhook and O'Connor, which would leave Meyers between MacDermid and one of Foudy/Galchenyuk.
Lol. Everyone is forgetting LBN' today.

I don't see Bednar putting Dermy in the playoffs unless he has too. I would like to see Foudy again though.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I’m just worried they might lose someone like Toews or Byram or even worse someone like MacKinnon tomorrow because of the horrible luck this team has had with injuries this year. Then what? If god forbid that happens, I bet everyone would say division title wasn’t worth it
I'm not sure the mindset of a champion works that way. I would never blame the player or the coach for an injury, even in the final game of the regular season. If they are nursing something real, sure give them the night off, but if they are good to be playing, they need to be rounding into form and trying to really cement any last-minute chemistry they can.

This is going to be fun damnit. I insist you enjoy the playoffs good sir. :banana::cheers:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Looked like a dislocation at first glance.

Lol. Everyone is forgetting LBN' today.

I don't see Bednar putting Dermy in the playoffs unless he has too. I would like to see Foudy again though.
Lmao always forget the guy is even on our team. He'll be on that 4th line with Meyers and MacDermid.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I mean, do you really think the Avs are incapable of winning a round or two? I mean, soak it up, enjoy it. We had a lot of years without any playoffs. Take 'em every time you can and be happy. We've still got MacKinnon, Rantanen, Nichushkin, Lehkonen, Makar, Toews, Byram, Girard, Georgiev and Frankie. This team is not an easy out for anyone.

Champions and heroes are often born from adversity. I'm personally looking forward to seeing what our boys do.

Respect

I'll bitch and complain all year, but when the dance starts heros are born in adversity. Our f***ing young ass core of superstars know that.

Mack, Mikko, Makar, and now maybe a crazy f***er goalie who I think should get maybe a Vezina nod is what we have playing for us.

I'm not SeaEagals lol, but..

That's literally a player who is clearly the best in the league, a center who is #2 with #3 far behind, a winger who is probably in the argument for best in the game, and a top five goalie that is just realizing his potential.

No, we're never out until we're out with this core.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'm not sure the mindset of a champion works that way. I would never blame the player or the coach for an injury, even in the final game of the regular season. If they are nursing something real, sure give them the night off, but if they are good to be playing, they need to be rounding into form and trying to really cement any last-minute chemistry they can.

This is going to be fun damnit. I insist you enjoy the playoffs good sir. :banana::cheers:
I will enjoy it for sure. I just want healthier possible lineup to enjoy it even more. The Landeskog news bummed me out when I first saw it but then convinced myself that they’ll be fine and will overcome it. Now Cogliano and Malgin get hurt. I just don’t want anymore freakin injuries in the last freakin game of the season.

If I rested players, it wouldn’t be Cogliano and Malgin. It would be guys like Toews, Byram, MacK or Mikko. So I can’t even be mad at Bednar for Cogs and Malgin getting hurt, but for the love of god just don’t lose anyone else tomorrow

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I will enjoy it for sure. I just want healthier possible lineup to enjoy it even more. The Landeskog news bummed me out when I first saw it but then convinced myself that they’ll be fine and will overcome it. Now Cogliano and Malgin get hurt. I just don’t want anymore freakin injuries in the last freakin game of the season.

If I rested players, it wouldn’t be Cogliano and Malgin. It would be guys like Toews, Byram, MacK or Mikko. So I can’t even be mad at Bednar for Cogs and Malgin getting hurt, but for the love of god just don’t lose anyone else tomorrow

Those guys are important. Malgin, it's whatever. He has a huge chance. Cogs has had to play up too.

Think about LOC, he couldn't play up in the lineup much because he was basically used to going flat out for 4th line minutes. Ask LOC and Cogs to go flat out the only way they know how for more minutes. What happens? They become less effective quickly. LOC is establishing himself as a 3rd liner, still can't finish, but he's there I think in his overall game.

Our 4th line was a huge part of the cup win. We need that one bottom six line who is fast and can create some miss matches. That's what they're trying to bring back.

Reactions: the_fan

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Those guys are important. Malgin, it's whatever. He has a huge chance. Cogs has had to play up too.

Think about LOC, he couldn't play up in the lineup much because he was basically used to going flat out for 4th line minutes. Ask LOC and Cogs to go flat out the only way they know how for more minutes. What happens? They become less effective quickly. LOC is establishing himself as a 3rd liner, still can't finish, but he's there I think in his overall game.

Our 4th line was a huge part of the cup win. We need that one bottom six line who is fast and can create some miss matches. That's what they're trying to bring back.
I think everyone is important this year since there is no Landeskog, Kadri and Burakovsky. They just don’t have the same depth. Even without guys like Cogs and Malgin their absence will be noticeable

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think everyone is important this year since there is no Landeskog, Kadri and Burakovsky. They just don’t have the same depth. Even without guys like Cogs and Malgin their absence will be noticeable

Yeah, I'm just fighting the crowd who still think Malgin is some replacement level player. I think especially all things considered. He's important.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Yeah, I'm just fighting the crowd who still think Malgin is some replacement level player. I think especially all things considered. He's important.
Altitude radio seemed to think puck to the face so, despite likely missing tomorrow, he should be ok for round 1 I hope.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Fifty wins (maybe 51) is an incredible accomplishment for a team that has had this much adversity. For all that we bitch about the team, we should step back and think for a second about how impressive it is that we've won 50 games while missing so many key players. Just imagine how f***ed the West would be if we were as healthy as Dallas. It's easy to imagine 10 more wins and rubbing shoulders with Boston this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad