GDT: PENULTIMATE REGULAR SEASON GAME: Aves/Jehts, Decidedly Un-Epic GDT

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Landeskog really has to travel and limp around all playoffs so Nate won’t terrorize the boys and take away all the desserts.
*MacK enters the locker room and sees LBN' eating a Snickers bar*

"What the f*** is this!? Have some respect for your body"

*MacK slaps the candy out of his hand and exits the room*

*Landeskog enters the room and sees a teary-eyed LBN. He then locks the door and pulls another Snickers bar from his pocket and hands it to him*

"It's okay big guy. MacK just wants the best for us"

Edit: I think I'm gonna stop drinking for a while. I don't like the fact that I'm now writing up Avalanche fan fiction.

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don’t know how anyone can say he’s expendable. He and Nuke are basically the defensive conscience of this team in terms of forwards

Our wingers are HUGE for our defense in this system too.

Who plays defense when our D are running wild?

Honestly think Cmac realized this and got overconfident, and believed Landy was coming back. Obviously if you have trouble filling certain team needs, but you think you have the most important part covered you're not going to take big swings.

Seriously, if Landy came back.

Nuke, Lehky, Mikko, Landy

Makar, Towes, Byram, Manson, Girard

You can just swap the last two depending on which team you are playing.

Bednar is liking Malgin because he has a plus finishing skill, but despite his size puts legit effort into both sides of the puck. To play, when we're trying to really win you gotta be able to skate, and cover for our D.

Our wingers may be more important to our team than any other team in the league.

I'm not a XO guy, but that just seems obvious to me.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So tomorrow....

Nuke/Mack/Mikko
Lehk/JTC/Rod
Hook/Eller/LOC
Meyers/Chuk/Dermy

G/Toews
Bo/JMFJ
Bhunt/EJ

Frankie
CImpelX.gif

Reactions: CobraAcesS

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Seriously screw the division just rest all the key players tomorrow. I have the feeling few more important players are gonna get hurt tomorrow and go into playoffs with depleted lineup again

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Seriously screw the division just rest all the key players tomorrow. I have the feeling few more important players are gonna get hurt tomorrow and go into playoffs with depleted lineup again
I'd rather not play the Wild who have head hunters on their team. Give me Seattle.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I really don't see Nashville as a dirty team. I think it'll be fine.
There was nothing dirty tonight yet 2 players got hurt. Or is it 3 with Nieto getting hurt too?

Hell no

If you fear they get hurt tomorrow imagine a 7 game series against Hartman, Reaves and a nutjob for coach
I mean I rather have a healthy lineup for game one against the Wild than injured one against Kraken. Already injured line up in the 1st round could mean more injuries and if they make it to the 2nd round they might ice the Eagles roster again

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
There was nothing dirty tonight yet 2 players got hurt. Or is it 3 with Nieto getting hurt too?
Where are people seeing that LBN' got hurt?

You have to play to put yourself in the best position possible. I'd rather risk a 1 off against a Nashville team that has nothing to play for, rather than a possible 7 game blood bath vs Minny. That's only helping Dallas at that point and we definitely don't want to give them the easy road ahead.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
What’s the point if bunch of key players are out even if it’s against Seattle?
I mean, do you really think the Avs are incapable of winning a round or two? I mean, soak it up, enjoy it. We had a lot of years without any playoffs. Take 'em every time you can and be happy. We've still got MacKinnon, Rantanen, Nichushkin, Lehkonen, Makar, Toews, Byram, Girard, Georgiev and Frankie. This team is not an easy out for anyone.

Champions and heroes are often born from adversity. I'm personally looking forward to seeing what our boys do.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

I mean I rather have a healthy lineup for game one against the Wild than injured one against Kraken. Already injured line up in the 1st round could mean more injuries and if they make it to the 2nd round they might ice the Eagles roster again
The Kraken path is the best path for a long run

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I mean, do you really think the Avs are incapable of winning a round or two? I mean, soak it up, enjoy it. We had a lot of years without any playoffs. Take 'em every time you can and be happy. We've still got MacKinnon, Rantanen, Nichushkin, Lehkonen, Makar, Toews, Byram, Girard, Georgiev and Frankie. This team is not an easy out for anyone.

Champions and heroes are often born from adversity. I'm personally looking forward to seeing what our boys do.
I’m just worried they might lose someone like Toews or Byram or even worse someone like MacKinnon tomorrow because of the horrible luck this team has had with injuries this year. Then what? If god forbid that happens, I bet everyone would say division title wasn’t worth it

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad