GDT: PENULTIMATE REGULAR SEASON GAME: Aves/Jehts, Decidedly Un-Epic GDT

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
So...is it too much greedment to ask for Mikko to score a hat trick tomorrow to take the franchise record for most goals in a season?
You mean beat some Nordique(s)? That doesn't count.

You are mistaken, that is what happiness looks like in Finland
And they wonder why we do so well in those happiness rankings.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Hell no

If you fear they get hurt tomorrow imagine a 7 game series against Hartman, Reaves and a nutjob for coach
Minnesota's coach is bat shit insane. He just looks mentally unstable. Look at game they had against Winnipeg the other night, it was a circus. Couple that with Reaves and Hartman and you have a f***ing mess.

I think if the Avs want the best chance they really need to win the division. Stay out of that Dallas, Minnesota mess. And let them beat the shit out of each other.

Reactions: BrickNHL

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Minnesota's coach is bat shit insane. He just looks mentally unstable.

Read lips?

dean-evason.gif

Reactions: UnkleKraker

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So who does Bettman hand the cup to now that Landy isn’t there?:sarcasm:

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I didn't read through the whole thread but have the Avs fired the equipment manager yet? Or should it be the guy who takes care of the ice?

First Manson gets re-injured because of bad ice, then Cogliano goes flying into the boards TWICE within a 3 day period and then Lehkonen does as well??

WTF?? This appears to be more than just bad luck. Weirdly enough, it's only happening to Avs players.

Reactions: sethro109

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I didn't read through the whole thread but have the Avs fired the equipment manager yet? Or should it be the guy who takes care of the ice?

First Manson gets re-injured because of bad ice, then Cogliano goes flying into the boards TWICE within a 3 day period and then Lehkonen does as well??

WTF?? This appears to be more than just bad luck. Weirdly enough, it's only happening to Avs players.

Don't be so sure it's that cut and dry. Last night, someone was saying they should fire the skate blade sharpener. You can probably assume the skate blade sharpener works under the equipment manager. Apparently the Avs have minimal staff when it comes to scouting but when it comes to equipment, they have extreme division of labor (and it's own org chart). And you have to wonder, what does the skate blade sharpener do with his down time? HFAvs probably?

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I don't trust Frankie with the division title on the line. Let's start George, take a 5-0 lead and put Frankie in the 3rd to eke out a 5-3 win.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Don't be so sure it's that cut and dry. Last night, someone was saying they should fire the skate blade sharpener. You can probably assume the skate blade sharpener works under the equipment manager. Apparently the Avs have minimal staff when it comes to scouting but when it comes to equipment, they have extreme division of labor (and it's own org chart). And you have to wonder, what does the skate blade sharpener do with his down time? HFAvs probably?
200w.gif

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Minnesota's coach is bat shit insane. He just looks mentally unstable. Look at game they had against Winnipeg the other night, it was a circus. Couple that with Reaves and Hartman and you have a f***ing mess.

I think if the Avs want the best chance they really need to win the division. Stay out of that Dallas, Minnesota mess. And let them beat the shit out of each other.

Read lips?

dean-evason.gif
I've said it before, I'll say it again. This guy is the perfect coach for the green filth. The biggest (lol) case of wee guy energy possible in one person. It wouldn't surprise me if he was four feet tall and he stands on a box the entire time.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I've said it before, I'll say it again. This guy is the perfect coach for the green filth. The biggest (lol) case of wee guy energy possible in one person. It wouldn't surprise me if he was four feet tall and he stands on a box the entire time.

Everyone should follow the lead from Rick Bowness and remind him what a little weasel he is at every opportunity. Not the big tough guy he thinks he is.

giphy.gif

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I spoke with someone who did some work with Theo Fleury back in the day, told me that his listed height of 5'3" was his height ON SKATES.

So that said, Evason is listed at 5'11". Taking a look at his career stats, it's not hard to see what kind of hockey he likes to play. 803 NHL games, 372 points, 1,000 PIM.

Of course Jared Bednar is listed as 6'3" and while he never made the big show, his ECHL totals are 434, 191, 1,210.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I spoke with someone who did some work with Theo Fleury back in the day, told me that his listed height of 5'3" was his height ON SKATES.

So that said, Evason is listed at 5'11". Taking a look at his career stats, it's not hard to see what kind of hockey he likes to play. 803 NHL games, 372 points, 1,000 PIM.

Of course Jared Bednar is listed as 6'3" and while he never made the big show, his ECHL totals are 434, 191, 1,210.
Could they have meant his listed height was 5’6 but that was on skates and he’s actually 5’3? Even for a woman, 5’0 is around 5th percentile

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Oh yeah he's listed at 5'6", my bad. The woman in question was 5'3" and they were, like, eye level.
That makes sense. Pretty sure most athletes (and celebrities) heights are exaggerated. I’d be stunned if Stankoven is 5’7 without skates. Girard isn’t 5’10 either, even with forced perspective making him look a bit bigger he’s not that much taller than some average height women

A7B70B6B-36C1-40F4-816C-CCB97B5CFAB7.jpeg

Reactions: Pokecheque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad