Post-Game Talk: Pens win 6-1 bc of me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
+ Ron Francis for constructing a pathetic team

Good to see DeSmith play like a non beer league goalie.

Reactions: vikingGoalie

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
A lot of the complaints about ice time were resolved, at least for this game. Crosby and Carter both saw reduced minutes. Teddy Blueger was the forward who had the most ice time this game. Brock McGinn played the second-most.

Yes. But also isn't it something that teams do when they are winning.

Minus Edmonton if they can send out McDavid and Draisaitl they do for some chances at extra points.

Besides them most coaches should be sending out a 3rd and 4th line during a blowout.

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
so was francis's plan to get #1 overall for as many years as possible? it's really a shame that the fans have a great new building are uber excited for their franchise and then francis gives them that. Certainly the vegas knights is a hard act to follow for a franchise, but wbs penguins might have won this game.

That and what happened to grubauer this season? He's a great person (met him years ago when he was playing in hershey) but oof 3 goals on 4 shots....

Reactions: Rave7215

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
so was francis's plan to get #1 overall for as many years as possible? it's really a shame that the fans have a great new building are uber excited for their franchise and then francis gives them that. Certainly the vegas knights is a hard act to follow for a franchise, but wbs penguins might have won this game.

That and what happened to grubauer this season? He's a great person (met him years ago when he was playing in hershey) but oof 3 goals on 4 shots....

Ye some best picks overall he completely avoided.

I honestly thought there top 9 looked good. Some headscratchers and they have a bad defense especially with Giordano out.
Basically making Larsson your #1 D.

Well all 3 Seattle goalies are bottom 20 in save% and GAA with Grubauer having the best between the 3.

So I am going to say this is more about Seattle being poor then all 3 goalies.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China

Seattle were 5-1-1 in their last 7 before this game. Including wins over Caps, Florida, Canes and Edmonton.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Was a great start that pretty much just took away any life out of the Kraken. They played a solid road game just like they did in Montreal a few weeks ago.
Just in the middle frame they were a little shaky at times.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
it all feels good, but let’s keep it real, folks…

it’s been apparent for a while that we have no legit shooting talent on this team except Jake…no one else can legit beat a goalie without the shot deflecting off a D man or getting a super fluky bounce…this game just showed this to be true…it’s sad: Sid, Letang, Kap, Carter, Zucker etc…no one can beat a f**king goalie cleanly with their shot…let’s hope Malkin’s shot has not regressed too badly and he’s willing to shoot more when he returns because that kind of puck luck is unsustainable….

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Honestly if every game was like that where one team stomped the other in the first 5 minutes I wouldn't watch.

Just blah. Happy we didn't stop scoring and kept up the pressure.

I want to see what Line 1 will do v Ovechkin Friday night

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

he wasn’t that bad, off his angle on one of them, but they were fluky ass goals that defected…it was a mercy pull and to spark the team

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Happy about a regulation win. Best thing about this game IMO was CDS’ performance. Would be great if he could put together a few more like this.

Rest up for a few days, then hopefully not tank against the Caps.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yeah they got lucky bounces at the start of the game... then played well to take and capture this game.

It's funny just the ... yesterday? I read a poster saying (quoting I think) Sullivan as saying 'more pucks should be going into the goal' based on advanced stats.
Then the penguins getting goals pretty much by throwing the puck at the net and having fortune by their sides.

That is what makes me like this board =]

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
it all feels good, but let’s keep it real, folks…

it’s been apparent for a while that we have no legit shooting talent on this team except Jake…no one else can legit beat a goalie without the shot deflecting off a D man or getting a super fluky bounce…this game just showed this to be true…it’s sad: Sid, Letang, Kap, Carter, Zucker etc…no one can beat a f**king goalie cleanly with their shot…let’s hope Malkin’s shot has not regressed too badly and he’s willing to shoot more when he returns because that kind of puck luck is unsustainable….

That's not good......especially when the team is built on peripheral soff players, who can't or won't go to the net without suffering permanent damage.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Kapanen is infuriating to watch. Reminds me of someone else minus the bad penalties.

Guy has all the skills the be elite but can’t put it together. With his speed he should be driving the net every shift.

I don’t think we see 100% focus every shift. Funny how the experts here wanted Zucker dropped done but the line started producing once Kapanen was demoted. But I mean “Kappy” has a cool fan nickname and wore a cool hat at his exit interview.

trade bait imo.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
BTW I’m pro a bunch of shots even though some of the chronic posters here think this isn’t a good thing based on a few weeks of an 80 game season.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The last 3 goals were on very quick transitions / rush... Rod didn't have to, but on goal 4 he 90 degree turned and bolted up to create a 2 on 1 with Jake.
He could of just played it up along the boards to Jake....

They were good in a lot of areas tonight, but that is one I see that got them goals 4-5

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Kapanen is infuriating to watch. Reminds me of someone else minus the bad penalties.

Guy has all the skills the be elite but can’t put it together. With his speed he should be driving the net every shift.

I don’t think we see 100% focus every shift. Funny how the experts here wanted Zucker dropped done but the line started producing once Kapanen was demoted. But I mean “Kappy” has a cool fan nickname and wore a cool hat at his exit interview.

trade bait imo.

Didn't even notice Kap'n'n tonight, honestly.
When I do, it's usually him skating fast into the zone with the puck and then his pass gets intercepted or something similarly unproductive.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
A big honkin' eff off to the Guentzel haters. Gotta love it.

Gif04.gif

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Like I want to be know as "the lot of shots" guy because something tells me it will end up being a good thing. Just a hunch.

I don't want to be associated with "we don't have enough finishers" crowd. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot