Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Wings: You ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Honestly I'm not convinced we can't go on a run. We're a huge f-ing tire fire of a hockey team but teams get into the 8th seed and go on runs all the time.

We're hot despite the absolute mess that we are. That can matter.
if we had held on to the lead yesterday, i'd have agreed with you, but i just can't see this team keeping their butt holes loose during playoff hockey. They get tight, they stop skating, they stop making saves, they get dumb and scared (and none of them are those things, but they play that way in tight games down the stretch).

If they could play 60 minutes of how they play the first 40, I'd mortgage my house to bet on them. But they just can't

Why not just hire MAF. He’s gonna retire.

I was never the biggest MAF fan, but i do wonder how much better we'd have been the last few years with him as the 1a over Jarry.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Why not just hire MAF. He’s gonna retire.

If MAF does retire, let's hire him as the color guy for TV broadcasts. Then all we need is a real PBP guy to replace the execrable Josh Getzoff and we're good to go. Last night's display from Getzoff-Bourque was one of their most dreadful ever.

Bourque's "I love these nasty games!!! Let's get dirty, boys!!!" schtick is so laughably cringeworthy.

Bourque was nothing but a victim back in his day (but they all get so much tougher as they get older, don't they?) and -- unlike Bob Errey, who was an actual pest and was good at it -- Bourque was just about the least effective player on the roster when it came to attempted physicalilty. Troy "Sack of Hammers" Loney, for all his immense size, was just about as equally useless as Bourque on those teams.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
The EK pinch and front of net abandonment would NEVER be good decisions, no matter the game situation. Those were on EK, not Sully. And I’m the biggest and longest serving Sully hater there is.
true, but as a coach you would be reminding the players every shift. not just standing there with your hands in your pockets

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
For those that thought the Guentzel comment I made was a little crazy about replacing him with Rakell.

Rust since Jake went down with injury has 13 goals and 24 points in 22 games. 48 goal pace. 89 point pace.

Obviously a little absurd that he'd hit those numbers, but I think it does illustrate if you give someone Jake's minutes they will produce on the ice similarly.
I assume you meant if tied to Sid's hip...however, not everyone, Smith can be up there and guaranteed not have that kind of production, Rakell not so sure...

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I want the Rags for sure.
"Ok kids, story time! Once upon a time we traded our best winger to a team because we were not going to make the playoffs, then our best player willed them to them and we played against our best winger [deep voice]AND WE BEAT THEM[/deep voice]. Now go to bed so I can down my whiskey and remember those golden times".

I don't care who we play, I give us such little odds of making it out assuming we make it.

just give me playoff hockey, i don't give a f*** who we play
NYR series you know Crosby will be taken out again. Cheaters cheat.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
The Pens have significantly superior xG and possession numbers at 5x5 than the Rangers do. Granted, special teams are lopsided and Igor against Ned/Jarry, but still.
Flop master Igor? Not really worried about that guy. He only won those 4 games cause it was the Louie Domingue show and a busted Jarry for game 7. If DeSmith didn't get hurt in the first game, the Pens would have rolled the Rangers.

1712942692399.png

1712942913408.png

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
If we wind up making the playoffs, this will be a bit similar to SJS in… 2013? We didn’t sell as much (I wish we had sold more, even with this push, especially since we’re clearly better for having some people out).

I also think, regardless of what happens the rest of this year, the Bunting acquisition will wind up being a happy accident, since I think they tried him with Sid first but he’s kick started the second line.

If Sid - Rust and Geno - Bunting can be bonafide pairs, it’ll make Dubas’ off-season task way easier.

Reactions: Lustaf

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
if we had held on to the lead yesterday, i'd have agreed with you, but i just can't see this team keeping their butt holes loose during playoff hockey. They get tight, they stop skating, they stop making saves, they get dumb and scared (and none of them are those things, but they play that way in tight games down the stretch).

If they could play 60 minutes of how they play the first 40, I'd mortgage my house to bet on them. But they just can't

I was never the biggest MAF fan, but i do wonder how much better we'd have been the last few years with him as the 1a over Jarry.
On the plus side there is no 3 on 3 ot in the playoffs so we might actually have more of a chance in ot situations

Reactions: Lustaf and IcedCapp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad