Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Wings: You ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Pens proving this chart's UP1 goal against probability is not a joke. PIT might be the worst team with a 1 goal lead in the league.

PIT
Do you really think we need a chart to know this? If you watch the games it's pretty clear what's goin on.

Reactions: metalan2

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
I would start Jarry.

Ned has sucked, blown leads...

Jarry can do what Ned has done in these last couple games. Or he might pitch a shutout, which he's done a lot this year.

Rather roll the dice. You'll either get Jackal or Hyde.
The penguins have had a lot of blown leads this year. I blame Sullivan.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Startin to look like that Muppet might have been a problem while Bunting is part of the solution.
Only in a psychological way. The Pens needed to shake up the gang. Guentzel, through no fault of his own, was keeping the lineup stagnant by being glued to Sid.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
I’m glad we got the 2 points but man we play crazy hockey.

We have them in the ropes…
No let’s give them one before the end of the 1st.
Then it again the 2nd.

Go up 5-3?? Hah…April fools!

For a superstar EK does seem to have an itch he can’t control.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Pens are up 5-3. ZAR trips Malkin to put the Pens on the PP with a 2 goal lead.

Sullivan sends out 4 forwards, despite the Pens giving up a dozen shorthanded goals this season and having the 31st ranked PP.

That's the sort of shit you know that Sullivan is never going to change the system or the style of play regardless of the score and circumstances of the game.

That is directly why they keep blowing leads.

He's a pile of shit.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Pens are up 5-3. ZAR trips Malkin to put the Pens on the PP with a 2 goal lead.

Sullivan sends out 4 forwards, despite the Pens giving up a dozen shorthanded goals this season and having the 31st ranked PP.

That's the sort of shit you know that Sullivan is never going to change the system or the style of play regardless of the score and circumstances of the game.

That is directly why they keep blowing leads.

He's a pile of shit.
Interesting, I thought it's due to ill timed pinches, losing your man in the slot and piss poor puck management. Another beauty by Letang there at the end of one. Turning over the puck.

Reactions: Lustaf

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Interesting, I thought it's due to ill timed pinches, losing your man in the slot and piss poor puck management. Another beauty by Letang there at the end of one. Turning over the puck.
Why are they pinching and playing aggressive with a 2 goal lead in the third?

That's coaching. He won't change the system depending on the circumstance. It's pinch pinch pinch like you're down by 2.

I'm convinced the only way you get benched on this team is if you don't pinch in every situation. Probably why Ian Cole got ran off.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

That's coaching. He won't change the system depending on the circumstance. It's pinch pinch pinch.

I'm convinced the only way you get benched on this team is if you don't pinch in every situation. Probably why Ian Cole got ran off.
I don't think he's telling them to pinch with a two goal lead with under 10 mins to play. that's those guys freelancing because they're STARS!

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014

Honestly no. They needed a kick in the nuts.

This team - probably all of them, but this is the one I follow - really struggles with unanswered questions. They looked like dogsh*t with the sale question in 2021, then evened out more after FSG made their move.

It seems to me less about the actuality of Jake staying or going than having the answer. It was also a much-needed shake up given his status an actually elite, homegrown talent, but I think that's actually secondary to if/when he'd ship out.

Bunting stepping right up with relative ease also hasn't hurt, full credit to him.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

That's coaching. He won't change the system depending on the circumstance. It's pinch pinch pinch like you're down by 2.

I liked Ian Cole very much. That was put me on my journey to highly disliking the coach. That said he's not telling EK to pinch at that juncture, no one is that stupid except for Letang and EK.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I didn't even realize that puck wasn't flat when EK ripped it. Great job by Sid winning the puck battle and shooing off Compher like a gnat.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Coach Sullivan on Rust: "I think he's just a terrific player on both sides of the puck. He's just a Pittsburgh Penguin. He's a Pittsburgh Penguin, born and bred."

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Rust born in Michigan and a Wings fan…what a load of crock about his boy lol

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Coach Sullivan on Rust: "I think he's just a terrific player on both sides of the puck. He's just a Pittsburgh Penguin. He's a Pittsburgh Penguin, born and bred."

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Rust born in Michigan and a Wings fan…what a load of crock about his boy lol
Mike Sullivan MADE Rust what he is today. It's Sullivan’s biggest accomplishment in his own mind.

A hard-nosed, coal-mining grinder... Into a top flight, first line winger that Sidney Crosby couldn't be what he is, without!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad