GDT: Pens vs. Sabres Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
lol man, you can tell when an official wants to give a middle finger to one team.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
some things i learned so far from tonight's game:
+ the Pens need Crosby in the worst way
+ the Pens need Martin similarly
+ Orpik is not getting any better this year
+ Kennedy is not a top line player. he may not even be a bottom line player.
+ Neal needs to worry about playing his role instead of being a blockhead
+ Malkin isn't nearly as dominant as Crosby
+ this team still doesn't have discipline despite the veterans they added
+ Niskanen is returning to his form from his Dallas days

All this after 2 1/2 periods in the wake of a 15 game winning streak? I now understand the thought process that could convince the ancients that the world is flat because ships disappeared over the horizon. Fascinating.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Well, I like Vitale and all but the love affair that some have is a bit puzzling to me. Some people just act as if the Pens would be so much better if he was in the lineup.

He may be an upgrade over Glass but I really don't know who else.

its not just him being in. Its general roster management. If he's in, we have 4 centers in. Tk can play wing. Sutter can slide to Sid's spot. Jeffrey on the third. Vitale on the 4th. That would upgrade the Kunitz line AND the 4th line.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
All this after 2 1/2 periods in the wake of a 15 game winning streak? I now understand the thought process that could convince the ancients that the world is flat because ships disappeared over the horizon. Fascinating.

do you disagree with anything in there? instead of making some pathetic comments, you could challenge my points.

maybe i'm not the one who has growing up to do. i must have forgotten that the team is flawless because they had a winning streak.

CrozJawz*

lets not blame the refs for this. we deserve to be losing this game.

This.

I don't want to hear all the excuses after this game. "The refs screwed us, we didn't have Sid, Martin, Letang, blah, blah."

The Pens should have blown the Sabres away without those guys...

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003

Well gravity does pull the light down over longer distances...

Fordy

May 28, 2008
This.

I don't want to hear all the excuses after this game. "The refs screwed us, we didn't have Sid, Martin, Letang, blah, blah."

The Pens should have blown the Sabres away without those guys...

Well the second one is a legit reason

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
This reminds me of the game after the 06 deadline when the Pens dealt some people and then somehow blew out the Devils.

The Melichar with a velcro "A" game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad